ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(m) application and timing - confused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Canada

Set(m) application and timing - confused

Post by divide_by_zero » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi all,
I am eligible to apply for ILR Set(m) from 15 Jan 2018. My visa expires on 29 March 2018.
This is my 5th visa application in total (student, PSW, Partner x2) and I am a bit thrown by the new system and finding it difficult to get advice. Maybe someone here could help?
Here is the situation:

- I have three out of country work trips scheduled: Two in Jan (mostly of country from 24 Jan to 3 Feb and one 23 Feb to 3 March. I understand my window to apply is 15 Jan - 1 March 2019.

- My application is basically completed. I just need to check the boxes, agree to the declaration and pay the fee. I am not sure at which point it shows me as technically "applied", so I am hesitant to go further before 15 Jan.

Question 1: At what point in the process does it give you the official "date stamp" of the application being completed?

- Because I cannot see when the appointments are (I believe I have to pay first?) I am not sure whether these work trips are feasible.

Question 2: A. At what point in the process can you see the appointment dates. B. Can you select an appointment a couple of weeks in advance or does it need to be within a certain number of days?

- With an answer to Question 2, I will be able to figure out whether I should just apply on 15 January or wait until I am back in early February. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Question 3: I have read in the news and online that some "same day" processing is not actually same day. My application is extremely straightforward. Can I rely on "same day" processing?

Finally, Question 4: Does anybody know how much the 24 hour service costs now? It used to be £600 but I can't find an actual price anywhere. I am sure it's on the "pay" section but I am hesitant to get that far (see Question 1).

If you have gotten this far, I really appreciate you taking the time to read this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!