ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony and PR card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bella21
Russia

Ceremony and PR card

Post by Bella21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:06 am

Hello everyone,

I have a ceremony today ( thank you all), just wonder what should i do with my Permanent Resident card please? As it says I need to cut it in 4 pieces and post it to home office but some people advised that i dont need to do it? It is a permanent residence card of a eu family member...so please tell me if i need to send it back or can i leave it with myself? I dont really want to pay fine 1000.00
Thank you in advance!😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony and PR card

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am

You don't need to send PR cards attained under the eea rules back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R1shpil
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by R1shpil » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am
You don't need to send PR cards attained under the eea rules back.
Dear CR001, thank you for answering this question because I had the same one. Could you please be so kind providing the official link to this rule?
Your reply is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Bella21
Russia

Post by Bella21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. So if it is an eu route I dont need to send it back? I have got some paperwork with certificate today and it is written that i need to return my biometric residence permit within 5 days...but they didnt specify if it is eu route or british route....so i hope I'll be fine)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:55 pm

The name says it all.

Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) are issued under the UK Immigration Rules and cease to have effect when the person becomes a British citizen. Therefore they need to be returned.

Permanent Residence Cards and DCPRs are issued under the EEA Regulations and the PR status continues even after the person becomes a British citizen. They don't need to be returned.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Lou Far
Newly Registered

Post by Lou Far » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Bella21 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:06 am
Hello everyone,

I have a ceremony today ( thank you all), just wonder what should i do with my Permanent Resident card please? As it says I need to cut it in 4 pieces and post it to home office but some people advised that i dont need to do it? It is a permanent residence card of a eu family member...so please tell me if i need to send it back or can i leave it with myself? I dont really want to pay fine 1000.00
Thank you in advance!😊
Hi Bella21,

congrats on your ceremony!

My application was accepted but unfortunately i cannot find the Home Office reference needed to book the appointment anywhere!!

In the invitation letter i've got there's a 9 digits number that apparently is not the right code and my biometrics letter does not show any reference with the first letter of my last name + 7 digits number. All i have is the 9 digits code!!

where did you find yours?

thanks!

Bella21
Russia

Post by Bella21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 pm

Lou Far thanks!
U need your invitation letter if you want to book your appointment. Just phone your local council if you have got your invitation letter and you dont need your biometric letter for this! On invitation letter check your details ( it should be written your name/surname etc) make sure its correct! When i phoned them, they have asked me my name/surname and date of birth, i dont think they asked me for any code. Hope it can help))
Congratulations))

Bella21
Russia

Post by Bella21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:55 pm
The name says it all.

Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) are issued under the UK Immigration Rules and cease to have effect when the person becomes a British citizen. Therefore they need to be returned.

Permanent Residence Cards and DCPRs are issued under the EEA Regulations and the PR status continues even after the person becomes a British citizen. They don't need to be returned.

Thank you Secret Simon!☺ You helped and gave good advises, generally you all guys helped a lot!! Thank you for everything you've done for me!!! Good luck for those who are awaiting the approval 🤗🤗🤗