ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Full Document Checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lallen

FLR (m) - Items of Correspondence

Post by Lallen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am

Good Evening,

My Wife entered the UK on 24th June 2016 on her first leave to enter spouse visa. It is due to expire on 24th March 2019 so we're preparing the final parts of documentation to submit 24th January 2018 for FLR (M) category 2.5 years extension.

We've worked ourselves through the online application and now have a document checklist work to. In particular interest, the items of correspondence part which will prove we've been living with each other for the last 2-years. Our situation is the following;

1. Wife moved to the UK on 24th June 2016 to live with me and my parents in their house
2. We both moved to our own house on 23rd February 2018

So, my question is, as we plan to submit her application on 24th January 2019, does that mean we only submit 2-years back from this date so in this situation 24th January 2017 to 24th January 2019 worth of documents evenly spread?

I have included our potential document list as we're struggling to find 3 sources (6 documents) spread evenly as we've only been in our own house since 23rd February 2018 and my parents covered all costs whilst we lived at their house;

Wife’s Name

1. Barclays Bank Statement (certified copy) - 6th January 2017 (parents address)
2. Local GP Letter - 11th May 2017 (parents address)
3. Barclays Bank Statement (certified copy) - 7th September 2017 (parents address)
4. NHS Appointment - 23rd January 2018 (parents address)
5. NHS Appointment - 31st May 2018 (own address)
6. NHS Appointment - 20th August 2018 (own address)

My Name
1. HMRC Letter - 17th January 2017 (parents address)
2. HMRC Letter - 5th May 2017 (parents address)
3. HSBC Mortgage Appointment - 4th October 2017 (parents address)
4. HSBC Mortgage Application - 18th January 2018 (parents address)
5. TV License - 2nd March 2018 (own address)
6. Barclays Partner Finance - 24th September 2018 (own address)

Joint Names (own address)
1. Council Tax Bill - 5th April 2018
2. Severn Trent Water (copy bill, sent from ST Water due to paperless setting) - 30th June 2018
3. Severn Trent Water (copy bill, sent from ST Water due to paperless setting) - 6th October 2018
4. Council Tax Bill (copy of last bill, new billing date) - 12th December 2018
5. Severn Trent Water (copy bill, sent from ST Water due to paperless setting) - 17th December 2018
6. British Gas Statement - 21st December 2018
Does this list look reasonable or will we struggle with this?

Any feedback would be brilliant!

Lallen

Re: FLR (m) - Items of Correspondence

Post by Lallen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Any help on my query?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (m) - Items of Correspondence

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm

1. 2 years back yes.

2. Docs seem sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lallen

FLR (m) - British Child Question

Post by Lallen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm

Good Evening,

I have a question regarding our child and some of the documentation being asked for in the application, here is a quick summary;

1. My wife is Russian and gave birth to our child in April 2017, she gave birth in the UK and I registered my child as British and subsequently got the UK passport shortly after.

2. My wife’s spouse visa will expire in March 2019 and we plan to extend her visa on 24th January 2019.

3. As our child is British, she is not part of the application, only mentioned in the application where applicable.

4. Completed the online application for FLR (m) regarding child questions and now the application has gone into some kind of frenzy and asking for both our birth certificate and a utility bill from where other parent lives (this is me)

5. We all live together and this will be proved through the correspondence part but we plan to include these additional documents to support my wife’s application; child birth certificate, scan of child full passport, letters addressed to child (fao parents), my telephone utility bill.

Any thoughts on this, anybody had the same issue or advice on it. Also how should all this evidence be presented and set out in the application?

Giga
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (m) - British Child Question

Post by Giga » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:29 am

Lallen wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm
Good Evening,

I have a question regarding our child and some of the documentation being asked for in the application, here is a quick summary;

1. My wife is Russian and gave birth to our child in April 2017, she gave birth in the UK and I registered my child as British and subsequently got the UK passport shortly after.

2. My wife’s spouse visa will expire in March 2019 and we plan to extend her visa on 24th January 2019.

3. As our child is British, she is not part of the application, only mentioned in the application where applicable.

4. Completed the online application for FLR (m) regarding child questions and now the application has gone into some kind of frenzy and asking for both our birth certificate and a utility bill from where other parent lives (this is me)

5. We all live together and this will be proved through the correspondence part but we plan to include these additional documents to support my wife’s application; child birth certificate, scan of child full passport, letters addressed to child (fao parents), my telephone utility bill.

Any thoughts on this, anybody had the same issue or advice on it. Also how should all this evidence be presented and set out in the application?

Hello

I had the same thing when i did my wifes visa she is from belarus our child was born in the UK
As your need to send prove of living together ie tax bill phone bills bank statement ect you already cover all you need to.
Your need to send Your wifes your own and your childs Birth cert's and passports too so your be fine.

I hope this helps

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:04 am

Would a full scan copy of mine and child passport suffice?

I heard that original passport for me and child was not required.

Giga
Newly Registered

Post by Giga » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:41 am

Lallen wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:04 am
Would a full scan copy of mine and child passport suffice?

I heard that original passport for me and child was not required.
I took original of mine and a copy of my childs

Lallen

FLR (M) - Declaration Forms

Post by Lallen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Good Evening,

I'm nearing the end of my wifes application preparation and need some help and guidance on the relevant declaration forms, I have answered the relevant questions in the online application and it's telling me to provide the relevant declarations, here are the questions and answers;

I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks YES

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? YES

I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or utility company YES

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?YES

I will provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support YES

If I'm honest, very straightforward but I know how fussy they are with right version of declaration etc.

Also, has anybody got a link to these declarations directly?

Any support would be great

Lallen

Re: FLR (M) - Declaration Forms

Post by Lallen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Any advice on my question anyone?

Lallen

FLR (m) - Letter from parents

Post by Lallen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Good Evening,

Me and my wife lived with my parents in their house for part of the 2.5 years (20 months in total), the application is asking for a letter from the owners confirming our residence. Does anybody know what we need to include in this letter other than confirming our residence from a certain date?

Lallen

Shared Financial Responsibilities

Post by Lallen » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Good Evening,

I have a question from the application form for FLR (M) which I need help with;

"Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month"

The mortgage is solely in my name and some of our utility bills are joint accounts ie. council tax, gas and electric and water bill. All bills are paid by me from my bank account because I'm the earner in our marriage. As my wife's name is included in some of our joint bills, I have included details that she has shared financial responsibilities with me on the bills where we're joint. I have also explained this in the application form as well.

Does anybody foresee any issues with this or any further explanation I need to include as I can answer the first part of the question but not the second..?

Lallen

FLR (M) - Questions

Post by Lallen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Good Evening,

We're almost complete with my Wife's FLR (M) application and document collection and we just wanted to clarify the last few questions, would someone kindly support me in my queries;

1. Do I need to provide photocopies of any of the documents I supply? (I read numerous post and the information doesn't seem robust)

2. My Wife is Russian and I'm British, our child was born in the UK and registered as British with a UK passport, in the section "other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK" we have said around it's the best interests for us to all live as one family etc. I'm including some letters addressed to my Daughter at the same address as us to support letters of correspondence. These letters were from like June 2018... and we don't have anything recent unfortunately. Is there a requirement for these letters, again, mixed messages across different forums?

3. As we're providing 6 letters addressed to each of us individually because we haven't got 6 letters jointly over 2 years from 3 different sources, do the 6 letters individually addressed to ourselves need to be from a minimum amount of sources, or do we just supply 6 official letters?

4. Do we need to wait for the IELTS certificate A2 to arrive or can we submit without and include the certificate code on the application form?

5. I've read about passport photos being included for me and my Wife, is this still a requirement?

6. Does anybody have a link to a forum topic where it includes information of how to place the documents in order for the HO?

It would be greatly appreciated if somebody could help with these questions, thank you in advance.

Lola1010
Turkey

Re: FLR (M) - Questions

Post by Lola1010 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:49 am

Hi
My partner is also completing this application and we too are stuck on a few of your own questions. It will be useful to find out the correct info, as it is all very daunting!

I will follow your thread and hopefully the answer will be some what clearer to us both.

Thanks and best of luck

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:15 am

Lallen wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm
4. Do we need to wait for the IELTS certificate A2 to arrive or can we submit without and include the certificate code on the application form?

5. I've read about passport photos being included for me and my Wife, is this still a requirement?

6. Does anybody have a link to a forum topic where it includes information of how to place the documents in order for the HO?
Unless your in a hurry- just wait for the certificate to arrive. It would be a safer option.

No passport size photos required at all .

If you are submitting the documents online through the new service then you do not need to put in order- there are several subsections in which you can upload your documents.

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Mojohnson wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:15 am
Lallen wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

If you are submitting the documents online through the new service then you do not need to put in order- there are several subsections in which you can upload your documents.
Thank you for your response, does anybody have the answers to my other questions?

@Mojohnson, is the uploading of documents online for the premium service as I been applying for the online application and intend to submit document through post?

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Any help..?

Lola1010
Turkey

Post by Lola1010 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi
We have just completed my husbands FLR M APPLICATION and will post in next couple of days. You do not need passport photos nor do they ask for photo copies. It also stated that original documents do not need to be sent, that we could send copies! Once you have gone through the stages of completing the application and paying the fees, you download all the declations and should get confirmation from both.
I would wait for the certificate and post as well unless you are in a hurry to send it all off.
Good luck

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Lola1010 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm
Hi
We have just completed my husbands FLR M APPLICATION and will post in next couple of days. You do not need passport photos nor do they ask for photo copies. It also stated that original documents do not need to be sent, that we could send copies! Once you have gone through the stages of completing the application and paying the fees, you download all the declations and should get confirmation from both.
I would wait for the certificate and post as well unless you are in a hurry to send it all off.
Good luck
Thank you Lola, so in essence what original documents do you send in the post?

My understanding is that every document is scanned to the UKVCAS system and then you send all originals by post, this takes out the need for photocopies? My Wife's application has said that I need to provide evidence of my immigration status for some strange reason (even though I'm British from birth), does the online system give you the option to scan all my pages and my Daughters? :S

I'm just a little apprehensive with the fact I'm scanning a passport myself and then read about copies need to be verified... so confusing.

Lola1010
Turkey

Post by Lola1010 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi
We are going to send all originals apart from my work contract, birth certifcate (couldn't find original, so requested a copy) and email confirmation printouts of the IHS and visa fee payment. The mandatory list asks just for my husbands passport and Biometric Card to be sent. All other documents (it seems) can be photo copies, but not going to take that risk!
I am born British, but it asks for proof of my immigration status, which we have supplied with my birth certificate and passport (I'm assuming this will be ok) I have no other form of my immigration status!
we chose the existing standard service, rather that clicking the new service, where you post the documents to Sheffield within 15 days.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Lola1010
Turkey

Post by Lola1010 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 pm

There was no option to scan anything when we clicked on the existing service, leads you to a page where you pay then print off the 6 declations and Biometric appointment letter which you take to the post office.

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:20 pm

I think I'll end up doing the online application through a test run until the end to see what options I get and hopefully shed come light on what my next steps are. I'm just curious about time as my Wife's visa will expire on March 24th.

On that basis, I'll end up doing the new service as this seems more faster.

Lola1010
Turkey

Post by Lola1010 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:45 am

You can start the application online, part complete, then go back into it, amend or continue. You can save the application and return to it for up to 10 weeks. We started my husbands in Early December and finished it yesterday! a huge relief!! So yes, start your dry run now, it is saved right up to the point until you make payment and declations.
Good luck,

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Same, we started ours at the beginning of December and nearing completion. Just waiting for my Wife's English test this Saturday and certificate. How many declaration forms did you have as I had 4 to sign across two different PDF files?

Lola1010
Turkey

Post by Lola1010 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi, yes 4 declarations, and 2 print outs, 1 checklist, which I'm presuming we post with declations, as it needs to be ticked, 1 for BRP which we take to the post office and last one was application. Was going to ask, do we need to post the printed application? or is that just for our records (it doesn't state?)

Lallen

Post by Lallen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:11 am

I will be posting the online application as a matter of contingency. It only gave me the option to sign 4 declaration forms at the moment however I haven't paid the application fee, the IHS fee and selected the service yet so hopefully the post office letter and checklist are available to me.

As you're applying for the FLR (M) category, are you applying on the 5-year route, if so on the online application pdf file on your first page does it say "TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION:" - Family Route" ???