ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU overstayed in Schengen, has right of residence now. What about passport?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

throwaway1
Newly Registered
Sweden

Non-EU overstayed in Schengen, has right of residence now. What about passport?

Post by throwaway1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am

Hi all,

I overstayed in Schengen while waiting for my right of residence in Sweden from Migrationsverket. I then took another path and applied for social security and right of residence with the tax office.

Now everything is settled, do I need any other documentation regarding my passport as my stamps entering Schengen show I have overstayed? I just want to prevent issues when I leave and re-enter Schengen. Any advise on what I should or can do?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Non-EU overstayed in Schengen, has right of residence now. What about passport?

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am

Why do you think you were an overstayer?
And if you were an "overstayer" how did you get your right of residence?
throwaway1 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am
Hi all,

I overstayed in Schengen while waiting for my right of residence in Sweden from Migrationsverket. I then took another path and applied for social security and right of residence with the tax office.

Now everything is settled, do I need any other documentation regarding my passport as my stamps entering Schengen show I have overstayed? I just want to prevent issues when I leave and re-enter Schengen. Any advise on what I should or can do?

throwaway1
Newly Registered
Sweden

Re: Non-EU overstayed in Schengen, has right of residence now. What about passport?

Post by throwaway1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:31 am

Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am
I overstayed as I came from a country that allowed me only 90days in any Schengen area. I overstayed it as I was allowed to by MV since I was applying for the uppehallskort. Now that I have my right of residence from Skatteverket, I'm not sure what I need to do with regards to my passport as it has a stamp showing my date of entry. I have travel plans lined up that would require me to leave and then re-enter the Schengen area in the coming months and I am worried that I will face issues when I come back as it would reflect in my passport that I have overstayed once. What should I do in this case? Will showing them my tax office issued ID card be sufficient?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm

No need to worry at all in your case.
Because you "regularised" your situation and got a permit.
I assure you everything is fine.

Just make sure to show your residence permit when exiting and entering the country.
throwaway1 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:31 am
Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am
I overstayed as I came from a country that allowed me only 90days in any Schengen area. I overstayed it as I was allowed to by MV since I was applying for the uppehallskort. Now that I have my right of residence from Skatteverket, I'm not sure what I need to do with regards to my passport as it has a stamp showing my date of entry. I have travel plans lined up that would require me to leave and then re-enter the Schengen area in the coming months and I am worried that I will face issues when I come back as it would reflect in my passport that I have overstayed once. What should I do in this case? Will showing them my tax office issued ID card be sufficient?

throwaway1
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by throwaway1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm

Just make sure to show your residence permit when exiting and entering the country.
by residence permit = ID card issued by tax office? I only have right of residence though

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm

What is your country of origin?
What is your purpose of stay in Sweden?
And what kind of applications did you make?
throwaway1 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Caravel88 wrote:

by residence permit = ID card issued by tax office? I only have right of residence though

throwaway1
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by throwaway1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm
What is your country of origin? from Singapore
What is your purpose of stay in Sweden? moving to sambo- applied for uppehallskort at MV, then applied for right of residence at skatteverkert
throwaway1 wrote:
Caravel88 wrote:

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 pm

uppehallskort is your "residene permit".
actually your right comes from "sambo".
and the piece of paper proving it is your uppehallskort.

travel with uppehallskort, all is good.
throwaway1 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 pm
Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm
What is your country of origin? from Singapore
What is your purpose of stay in Sweden? moving to sambo- applied for uppehallskort at MV, then applied for right of residence at skatteverkert
throwaway1 wrote:
Caravel88 wrote:

throwaway1
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by throwaway1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 pm

the thing is i do not have 'the piece of paper proving it is your uppehallskort' as MV has not given me a decision and I only have an ID card issued by Skatteverket. That's why i am worried about facing issues at immigration when i re-enter schengen.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:25 pm

You need to wait for your uppehallskort before travelling outside the country.
It can and most likely will take 6 months.

But you are not an overstayer.
throwaway1 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 pm
Caravel88 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 pm

the thing is i do not have 'the piece of paper proving it is your uppehallskort' as MV has not given me a decision and I only have an ID card issued by Skatteverket. That's why i am worried about facing issues at immigration when i re-enter schengen.