ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea family permit- TLS checklist

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarieEve
Newly Registered
Belgium

Eea family permit- TLS checklist

Post by MarieEve » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello All,

My husband went a few days ago to the TLS center of one big European city to have his biometrics done and give his documents.
The person at the counter didn't seem to know what an EEA family permit was...

At first, they refused to take my ID document, saying that it was not needed!! My husband insisted that it was and they took it saying I may not get it back??
I just checked the "TLScontact submission and collection checklist" that he was given there and only his passport is in the list!!! No mention of my ID, our wedding certificate or any other documents!! I am freaked out as, on this paper that he signed, also figure the mention "I understand that a decision may be made on my application based on these documents only". This paper also mention "visitor_under_6_months" but no mention of EEA family permit. He probably should never have signed that but was there in a rush between important meeting at his work.

Did you have all the documents that you submitted listed on this form? Any chance that my ID will be lost in the process and that our other documents will never reach the UK Visas authorities? I am even wondering if they may have send the application for a different type of visa!!
What should we do now? I guess just wait and see?

My husband got in the past multiple Schengen tourist visas and we were told that, as a direct family member of an European National, we were always allowed to apply directly at the Consulate of the country in which we intend to go, and that noone can force us to use a visa service like TLS... As anyone any information about how to apply directly at the Consulate?

Thank you!!

angelofatima22
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: Eea family permit

Post by angelofatima22 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 pm

How can I apply for the EEA Family permit for my wife in India