ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange annotation on UK 6-mo. visitor visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Strange annotation on UK 6-mo. visitor visa?

Post by marsupilami » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm

Hello,

Someone I know told me she received a visitor visa at the UK border, but only after a very nasty questioning that left her in emotional shock. It was not her first visit to the UK and she genuinely come for visit only, but at first the border agent did not seem convinced, and was, in fact, very contemptuous. At the end however, she did eventually get a visitor visa, but in addition of the usual stamp, the border agent wrote a hand-written annotation "PNK" with some numbers. Could anyone let me know what this annotation means? In the future, that person was planning to apply for a spouse visa after returning to her home country. Do you think that the nasty questioning could lead her being refused a future spouse visa? The border seem to have made copies of her documents and perhaps they "filed" her.

PS: to put things in context, the visit was completely unplanned and unintended, and had to happen because of the Home Office name mistake I mentioned in another post.

Casa

Re: Strange annotation on UK 6-mo. visitor visa?

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 am

It's likely to be the initials of the Immigration Officer, following by their staff identification number. This enables anyone checking the entry to trace the IO who issued it.

It won't affect a subsequent Spouse visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:08 am

Hi Casa,

I should probably have been more specific: the ID of the IO is indeed indicated in the stamp, but the annotation was a handwritten one, like those you can usually see "SVT" for student visitor visa etc. But in this case, it was "PNK" whch I have no clue what it means. The IO briefly said "so that we can trace why we stopped you" before dismissing her.

It was like in the picture below, but with "PNK" instead of "VST":

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/internation ... xWidth=400

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am

Pure guesswork/entirely speculative, but possibly "Purpose/Plan Not Known"?

Worth submitting an FoI request to the Border Force/Home Office for a complete list of annotations for use with entry stamps.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 am