ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Urgent] Email from HO ask me to go to post office for biometric info

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

[Urgent] Email from HO ask me to go to post office for biometric info

Post by samojerom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 am

Hi Smart Guys,

It is really urgent as I will go to the UKVCAS centre to submit my documents tomorrow. My current application is the ILR via long residence (10 years).

I booked the super priority service, and uploaded my documents.

However, I received an Email today from the HO saying that I need to go to the post office to get my biometric information recorded. The Email also says that I need to do this within 15 days from the date I received a letter with some barcode. I have never received any posted letter with barcode for my current application.

I think only applications via post will need to go to the post office. Am I right? Is this a mistake from the HO? Anyone got similar experience please let me know. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

A

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

The Email as:

Dear XXX,
Case ID: xxx

Following your recent Settlement application you will have received a biometric notification letter with instructions for providing your biometric data (scanned fingerprints and photograph). It informed you that you had 15 working days from the date on that letter to have your biometrics taken.

If you have already provided us with your biometric data for this current application, please ignore this email notification.

If you have not yet provided us with your biometric data, please now take the original letter we sent you with your barcode to a participating Post Office Ltd branch to have your biometrics taken. The addresses of these Post Office Ltd branches can be found at www.postoffice.co.uk. You do not need to book an appointment. You can visit a participating Post Office Ltd branch and wait to be served. Please note that there may be a queue for this service.

It is important that you comply with the biometric application requirements. If you do not, your application will be invalid and could be rejected. Attending a Post Office Ltd branch to have your biometrics taken as soon as possible will help us to process your application more quickly.

If there is an issue with the personal details on your biometric enrolment letter or reason why you have been unable to attend a Post Office Ltd branch to enroll your biometric data please contact: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk , setting out the error or reasons why you have been unable to attend.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp.

Please note that this is an automated mailbox and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

Permanent migration team

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: [Urgent] Email from HO ask me to go to post office for biometric info

Post by samojerom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:25 am

I just checked my Email and I think I do booked the super priority, am I right? I paid 3018.20 GBP as shown below:
Payment successful
Date: 22 Dec 2018
Name: XXX
Visa: Set (LR)
Fee paid: 3018.20 GBP
Reference: UKVI_XXX

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment and the application has been submitted.
I have also got the UKVCAS booking as following:
Confirmation Email
Thank you for booking your appointment. Below is a copy of your VAT registered invoice. Your appointment confirmation is attached. Please note you must bring to your appointment:

the attached confirmation notice, containing the QR barcode for each group member – without it you cannot attend the appointment all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online
If you have booked a group appointment then all members of your group must attend. Please also note you should retain all your original supporting documents as they may be required by UK Visas and Immigration at a later date. You should arrive at your appointment in good time and bear in mind that space is limited and only those required at the appointment should attend.

If you have any questions related to this confirmation you can contact us on 0330-123-1199 or send us a message at www.ukvcas.com

Invoice number: xxx

Date of payment: 24 December 2018

Customer details

Appointment details
Address Premium Lounge
20 Mark Lane
London
EC3R 7AF
Date xxx
Selected services
Service Quantity Unit price Sub-total
Appointment 1 £200.00 £200.00
Order summary
Subtotal £166.67
VAT 20% £33.33
Total £200.00

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am

Did you miss this paragraph in the email???
If you have already provided us with your biometric data for this current application, please ignore this email notification.
It is an automated email!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Thanks for replying. It is quite confusing because literally I still haven't got my biometric info taken. I was so worried about that my application will be invalid as I paid £3000+++ :?
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am
Did you miss this paragraph in the email???
It is an automated email!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm

When is your actual appointment?

What date is the 10th anniversary of your entry to the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam1394
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Sam1394 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:01 am

samojerom wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 am
Hi Smart Guys,

It is really urgent as I will go to the UKVCAS centre to submit my documents tomorrow. My current application is the ILR via long residence (10 years).

I booked the super priority service, and uploaded my documents.

However, I received an Email today from the HO saying that I need to go to the post office to get my biometric information recorded. The Email also says that I need to do this within 15 days from the date I received a letter with some barcode. I have never received any posted letter with barcode for my current application.

I think only applications via post will need to go to the post office. Am I right? Is this a mistake from the HO? Anyone got similar experience please let me know. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

A

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

The Email as:

Dear XXX,
Case ID: xxx

Following your recent Settlement application you will have received a biometric notification letter with instructions for providing your biometric data (scanned fingerprints and photograph). It informed you that you had 15 working days from the date on that letter to have your biometrics taken.

If you have not yet provided us with your biometric data, please now take the original letter we sent you with your barcode to a participating Post Office Ltd branch to have your biometrics taken. The addresses of these Post Office Ltd branches can be found at www.postoffice.co.uk. You do not need to book an appointment. You can visit a participating Post Office Ltd branch and wait to be served. Please note that there may be a queue for this service.

It is important that you comply with the biometric application requirements. If you do not, your application will be invalid and could be rejected. Attending a Post Office Ltd branch to have your biometrics taken as soon as possible will help us to process your application more quickly.

If there is an issue with the personal details on your biometric enrolment letter or reason why you have been unable to attend a Post Office Ltd branch to enroll your biometric data please contact: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk , setting out the error or reasons why you have been unable to attend.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp.

Please note that this is an automated mailbox and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

Permanent migration team

Hi

I have recieved exactly this email too. My appointment would be on 9/01/2019 via super priority service. My soliciter said it might be a technical problem.

CateS
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by CateS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 pm

I received the same email few weeks ago, after contacting Home office, I was told it was a generic email and to ignore the letter. Just continue with your appointment with UKVCAS.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm

can u please tell how u resolved this issue