ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single Entry Visa/Replacement BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

live4pride
- thin ice -

Single Entry Visa/Replacement BRP

Post by live4pride » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi,

I would like to know about the timeline for the single entry visa. In this case the visa is applied for a replacement BRP where the BRP holder already has the dependent visa. It’s unfortunate that the visa is lost during connecting flight and now she wasn’t allowed to travel back to LHR-UK. Single entry visa is applied on Tuesday, 30th Oct from Nepal. Application includes:-

1. Passport
2. Completed Application
3. FIR-Police complaint report
4. HO email about lost BRP
5. Copy of Lost BRP
6. Copy of Approval Letter of original decision
7. Travelling itinerary + boarding passes

Please can you guys share your experiences/guidance/information.

Thank you for reading through and your comments would be appreciated.
where there's a will there's a way

tbmz
Newly Registered

Re: Single Entry Visa/Replacement BRP

Post by tbmz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:12 pm

My husbands was recieved on Oct 16th. On the 23rd Oct we got an email saying it’s a complex case. So far it’s been 15 business days an nothing... still waiting and hate being left in the dark.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 pm

tbmz wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:12 pm
My husbands was recieved on Oct 16th. On the 23rd Oct we got an email saying it’s a complex case. So far it’s been 15 business days an nothing... still waiting and hate being left in the dark.
My understanding is in situation where someone lose/misplace their visa abroad they need to notify HO, lodge a police complaint for reference number and then file an application for Single Entry Visa which usually cost £169. Options on online portal are other, other and repoacement visa. That application does take considerable amount of time as many of the details are asked in relation to your UK life plus travelling in and out of UK. This visa is required to come back to UK and once you’re here you can apply for BRP replacement within the given time frame by HO. Once applied it takes 8 weeks to process(well..that’s what HO says so!!).
Just went through your other post regarding Biometrics and BRP replacement visa.. are you sure you went through these steps? Or is there another procedure in NY(USA)? Just wanna make sure we are on the same wavelength if not then we know what we did is actually correct!??

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Update(After applicaiton at VFS centre on 31/10/2017):

The visa was approved for 7/11/2017 (I think because I have mentioned intended day of travel as 8/11/2017). It was collected on 10/11/2017 and back to UK the same day. No tourble at Heathrow.

Hope this might help others.

Good for health
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Good for health » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm

live4pride can you please help me regarding online form? Where can i found online application form for single entry visa/Replacement BRP. I found ine website that is www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. Is this the website i use to follow my application form? I'm very confused. And can you please tell me what is VFS centre? Need help
Thanks