ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR without foreseeable future and short time left on contract

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Snurik
Newly Registered
Russia

ILR without foreseeable future and short time left on contract

Post by Snurik » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Dear everyone,
I am working in the university and my current contract is finishing in 4 months (this kind of contract is normally fixed-term). I have already applied for the ILR (5 year tier 2 route) and only after that I was told by my employer that they cannot state that my employment will last into "foreseeable future" in a letter.
Did anyone have a similar experience? How did the application go for you? I have seen a number of examples when ILR was granted with employer letters not having the "foreseeable future" statement but those applicants had longer contract ahead.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR without foreseeable future and short time left on contract

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 pm

If you did not provide such letter ILR cannot be granted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Saninsts
Newly Registered
India

Post by Saninsts » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Snurik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 pm
Dear everyone,
I am working in the university and my current contract is finishing in 4 months (this kind of contract is normally fixed-term). I have already applied for the ILR (5 year tier 2 route) and only after that I was told by my employer that they cannot state that my employment will last into "foreseeable future" in a letter.
Did anyone have a similar experience? How did the application go for you? I have seen a number of examples when ILR was granted with employer letters not having the "foreseeable future" statement but those applicants had longer contract ahead.
Hi Snurik,
Was your ILR approved without foreseeable future statement. I have similar situation.

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 am

Saninsts wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Snurik wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 pm
Dear everyone,
Hi Snurik,
Was your ILR approved without foreseeable future statement. I have similar situation.
Hi Saninsts,

For your forseeable future query, did you have a fixed term contract? Or is it open-ended?

Saninsts
Newly Registered
India

Post by Saninsts » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi I have fixed term contract with possible extension.

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Saninsts wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm
Hi, thanls for responding. If you dont m i nd my asking, when you apllied for yoir ILR, how far away was the end date of your contract?

Saninsts
Newly Registered
India

Post by Saninsts » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 pm

I am four months away.
RWA1 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm
Saninsts wrote:
Hi, thanls for responding. If you dont m i nd my asking, when you apllied for yoir ILR, how far away was the end date of your contract?

Sunny2905
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny2905 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:11 am

Saninsts wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 pm
I am four months away.
RWA1 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm
Saninsts wrote:

Hi Saninsts,

Have your ILR been approved?