ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EMERGENCY !! ENTRY DENIED AT DUBLIN FERRY PORT TODAY

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Non-EU Spouse entered Ireland from UK without Visa or entry stamp. Garda refused registration. Please help

Post by coline870 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:45 am

Hii everyone !

I'm french and my husband is non-eu and we were living in france together . I recently moved to ireland 2 weeks ago as i got a job here . My husband tried to apply for EU Family Visa in Paris but he was told that it takes more than 3 months. As we felt its too long time , we chose the option to get a entry stamp at the irish border to let him in as per the EU Family directive . We took the ferry from France to UK and got entry stamp at UK on showing our marriage certificate . Next day , we took the ferry from Holyhead in UK to Dublin port but on arrival there was no immigration check to get the entry stamp.

The same day my husband went to local Garda to see if he can register but they refused saying it is illegal entry. He doesn't wan to be a illegal immigrant . What are the options left for him now ??

Can we go back to dublin port and talk to immigration officers there to explain the situation ? or go back to UK and return to dublin by flight and get the entry stamp at airport ?

Please suggest us the possible options. Thank you so much .

Ramsz
Ireland

Re: Non-EU Spouse entered Ireland from UK without Visa or entry stamp. Garda refused registration. Please help

Post by Ramsz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am

Apply for EU family fill up the EU form1 with that he will get the stamp straight up you can't just walk into the office and get stamp without applying for EU family resident card...

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Re: Non-EU Spouse entered Ireland from UK without Visa or entry stamp. Garda refused registration. Please help

Post by coline870 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:56 am

Thanks . I tried to fill the EU1 form . But they are asking how my husband has entered Ireland and when . If i mention entry without Visa , i am afriad the application will be rejected for illegal entry.

We are just trying to get 1 month entry stamp so that we can apply for EU1 and get temporary Stamp 4.

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Kindly write via Port they have camera's all over the place if they want to verify it..Same thing happen to my brother and he got his resident document Last year Nov ok.

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Post by coline870 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Thank you so much for the clarification.

May i know how long does it take to get temporary stamp 4 EU FAM ?

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 pm

After 4 weeks u drop ya application start expecting letter ...

coline870
Newly Registered
France

EMERGENCY !! ENTRY DENIED AT DUBLIN FERRY PORT TODAY

Post by coline870 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Hello everyone.

I have an emergency situation . I am a french national . I was travelling from UK to DUBLIN by ferry today with my husband who is non EU national . We carried our marriage certificate but they denied entry to him citing that he doesnt have visa and they dont want to follow EU treaty rights and would follow just their superiors orders.

As per Treaty rights , he must be admitted even without valid entry visa when showing supporting documents.
But now , he was being sent back to UK by ferry. As i have to work tomorrow , i had to stay back in Dublin.

What should we do ? Please suggest something and help us. Thanks a lot.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Re: EMERGENCY !! ENTRY DENIED AT DUBLIN FERRY PORT TODAY

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:38 pm

The fact that you took ferry from UK it was not a clever move. If your husband holds EEA Family Permit you can enter via airports with no issues.

Here is my suggestion ; write an email to immigration in Dublin about your situation. They will come back. To you within 5 days.
Meanwhile do not worry that your husband is illegal or not, if he. Has French European family resident card that is a big help.

When you email to EU treaty department be honest with them. Because anything can effect his Visa or his future naturalisation application.

Unfortunately Immigration is very fussy in these days, so better to be careful..

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:41 pm

Or fastest and easiest way for you would be to. Contact a solicitor from Cork.
Unfortunately I can not share his details, but if you do a search on Google you will. Find him. He is the best in immigration field and can really help you.

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Post by coline870 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Thank you so much for your response .

I think there's bit of confusion as my last post is merged with my previous posts 2 weeks ago. I will re-explain the whole situation .

Me and my husband came from France to UK 2 weeks ago by ferry . He got stamp at the UK border. Then ,From UK to dublin he came by ferry too but theres no border cotrol then at stena lines terminal . So he directly applied to EU1 card after contacting local immigration office in dublin. He is waiting for temporary EU1 card.

In the mean time , we went back to france for christmas recently and we tried to come back the same route via UK. This time , they were border control in Dublin and asked for entry visa. They refused to accept Marriage certificate and other documents . They sent him back to UK.

He doesnt have french family card or EEA permit yet as we are married recently .

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 am

coline870 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:08 pm
He doesnt have french family card or EEA permit yet as we are married recently .
EDIT: If your husband doesn't have an EU residence card as a spouse of you, it is correct for the border control to deny entry. Marriage cert and an EU residence card on his own are not sufficient. Your husband needs to get a residence card as a spouse of you from France, otherwise he might have further issues with his EU1A application.

Original comment below:

Execrising EU Treaty Rights without a visa is always a bad idea if you are not travelling by plane. The immigration control or garda may not have up-to-date knowledge as to how to handle these situations. On the other hand, most people that the border control caught travelling without a visa by ferry, car or bus are simply taking their chances, as they are not there all the time. So every time they are there, they will try their best to look for any visa-required person that doesn't have a visa.

Even if you have produced all essential documents (marriage cert and EU residence card), they can still argue that it looks suspicious and they are not satisfied with your relationship, should you try to make a complaint.

If you get a chance to travel back to the UK this weekend, buy a flight ticket.

As a side note, whenever I need to travel with any unusual circumstances (e.g. travel without visa, or visa in a different passport etc) I always print off the official directive or correspondence with them and carry them with me. All border officers I've met were nice enough so that I never had to use them, but it's better safe than sorry.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:20 am

Jaysus. That is bad. I have had similar situation when they sent me back. It is not a pleasant situation.
Anyway going back to your question, don't worry. He allied to EUfam. Visa here so there is a chance that he will get it as you are working here already. A friend of mine applied to visa in UK with his British wife. UK declined his visa as they said that salary was not enough to support 2 people. So they entered TO Ireland together without visa entry or anything.
My friend applied to Eu1 from. Ireland. He git his temporary visa 6 months then for 5 years.

So don't worry I think he will get but the issue is here. You need to bring him here again, going back to France for Xmas another bad move..
Maybe you can he can go TO UK with you and take a flight from UK to Ireland as there is no Immigration check. This could be an option.

If you won't find the way to bring here then he will apply a visa from France which will take time.

If he applies to EU family card IN France is it possible to get while you are here?

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:51 am

Tell him to fly to Belfast and you meet him over there and drive down here but you people made a bad move going to France without no permit now you guyz are facing it...

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Post by coline870 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses

I completely agree that going to france for christmas was a bad move . we are never doing it again.

My husband can not get french EU Family card as i work here and we are not living together in France . Will it seriously affect his EU1 application here ?

Can my husband travel from belfast to ireland by bus or train alone ? are there border checks ? we do not have a car and we never drove on the other side of the road. Please advice us the best option from belfast to enter Ireland without trouble.

I can not go to belfast until the weekend to accompany him. Even if i accompany him and travel to ireland , i am afriad the border police will send him back again for not having visa.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:14 am

2 years ago i was thinking about the same thing u did, to come to Ireland on a ferry with my non eu wife, but she got the visa.

Probably there was border control randomly, or possibly cause of the xmas, i think he can try to come again on a ferry, in theory the only thing u need is a marriage cert and that u travel together but as u can see that sometimes is not enough.

Easiest would be just to simply try again on ferry, now after xmas there is good chance there is no border control again.

Im not sure he will be able to fly from London to Belfast, they will check the passport, i dont know if they are checking for any kinda visa or permit to be in the UK at all, of course is domestic, but they can check is general status.

Anyway, if he can be in northern Ireland u can try to come from Belfast to Dublin together, best would be the car, but the bus and train should be ok too, though there is random check on the bus and train, u have to travel together with the marriage cert to maximize ur chances.

U got cheeky with the visa free travelling for sure, u were lucky enough to come here without a visa and 2 weeks later u leave already... u have to wait until he gets the eufam card here, than u can travel together, but not trough the uk, we did already twice, and the border control doesnt not know about the eufam card, and its a hassle to explain, and in 3 months uk will be out of eu so they wont accept this card anyway.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:40 am

coline870 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:01 pm
Hello everyone.

I have an emergency situation . I am a french national . I was travelling from UK to DUBLIN by ferry today with my husband who is non EU national . We carried our marriage certificate but they denied entry to him citing that he doesnt have visa and they dont want to follow EU treaty rights and would follow just their superiors orders.

As per Treaty rights , he must be admitted even without valid entry visa when showing supporting documents.
But now , he was being sent back to UK by ferry. As i have to work tomorrow , i had to stay back in Dublin.

What should we do ? Please suggest something and help us. Thanks a lot.
Which stamp did you get when you entered UK? is it "Admitted under EEA Dependent 2016" one? or different? please advise.

coline870
Newly Registered
France

ENTRY DENIED AT DUBLIN FERRY PORT

Post by coline870 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks for your responses everyone. My husband returned to ireland via belfast. We will not leave the country until we get EU Fam card. Its been almost a month since we applied and waiting for the letter.

At UK border in calais, we received "Admitted to UK under EEA Dependent 2016" stamp after short interview.

I'm surprised that he could enter UK with that stamp from Dublin ( when refused entry at dublin port ) without me accompanying him. Is that normal ?

Can people with that stamp travel freely to UK without the spouse accompanying him ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Can people with that stamp travel freely to UK without the spouse accompanying him ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.