ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

preet8899

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by preet8899 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm

srika wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm
Hi All,

Could someone help me with following queries. I will be completing 5 years on Tier 2 on feb 27th 2019 and I know that I can apply for ILR before 28 days of my qualifying period. I can see that with the new service I need to complete the online application form first and book the biometrics appointment through sopra steria website.

1. I m confused if I can submit my application before 30th jan 2019 and book my appointment after 1st feb 2019 so that I can attend my appointment as soon as I can.
2. any idea on the earliest appointment times once an application submitted? like is it possible to get an appointment within 2 days or so ?

could anyone help me with these queries please

Hi srika,

There were various discussion going on regarding the application date whether its online submission or biometric date - so probably worth reading previous posts.

To be on the safer side you can submit the application as soon as you reach 28 days qualification period and book an appointment accordingly - it really depends how busy the centres are - so not sure if you would get an appointment in 2 days. Also you need to pay extra to get an appointment earlier. Generally appointments which are in 2 weeks or more are free.

Senior members can reflect more on this.

MM75
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MM75 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi All

My Application Tier 2 Set O 5 year Route-Super Priority

I will be going for my Biometric on 9th January 2019 at Manchester.

Kindly if someone who went for there appointment recently would clarify this.

Do we need to bring print out of our online application for appointment?

Do we need to upload this application in proof of application section?

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 pm

srika wrote:
Hi All,

Could someone help me with following queries. I will be completing 5 years on Tier 2 on feb 27th 2019 and I know that I can apply for ILR before 28 days of my qualifying period. I can see that with the new service I need to complete the online application form first and book the biometrics appointment through sopra steria website.

1. I m confused if I can submit my application before 30th jan 2019 and book my appointment after 1st feb 2019 so that I can attend my appointment as soon as I can.
2. any idea on the earliest appointment times once an application submitted? like is it possible to get an appointment within 2 days or so ?

If you had taken the time to read this thread you would have got the answers to both your questions. But here it is anyway.

1. Yes, you can do that and book appointment afterwards 1st feb.
2. Depends where you live etc. but theoretically yes at the premium visa centres where you pay 200-260 and can get next day or within 2 day appointments.

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 pm

kiwijane123 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:59 pm
frmglasgow wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:28 am
Ritchie12 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 pm
frmglasgow wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:18 am

Hey,

I had 3 passports and the latest one was new without any stamps. Despite that I scanned and uploaded all pages from my 3 passports along with 2 passports of my spouse. When you will go for appointment, the guy over there will only scan your latest passport and only those pages that have stamps on.
In addition, can you outline the list of documents you submitted to supporting the "my other reasons to stay in the UK" question please. Thanks
Hey,

I am academic and I listed my research/job as primarily reason to stay in UK, hence provided my employment letter, secondly I listed my Mortgage/Home another reason to stay in UK.

Goodluck to your application.
@frmglasgow, congrats on getting ILR!

I am preparing my application for ILR (long residence) too and have a question about the employment letter and mortgage evidence you provided.

I've completed a 'dummy' application online and on the document checklist there is no request for a letter from the employer or mortgage evidence; can I assume you added these in order to strengthen your application?

I am planning to change jobs after I get ILR (as in, hand in my notice the day after ILR is granted because I already have an offer from another employer).

At the time of application, my current employer should be able to issue me with a letter confirming I am working for them and will continue to do so. It might raise questions when I request such a letter though because my Tier 2 is still valid for 3 years.

So my preference is to not ask my employer for a letter to support ILR in case they ask why, at which point they might guess that I am intending to change jobs and refuse to/become legally not able to issue me with a letter if they know I am leaving.

You mentioned that it was a 'simple' application because you were staying with your employer, I am wondering whether my application will be considered less simple if I cannot demonstrate that I am staying.

So my question is, was this letter a mandatory part of your application and if not, do you think it helped to include it?
Hey,

There is a question regarding any other reason to stay in UK, which I selected Yes and I guess after that under the checklist I had to give evidence of below:

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK?

I gave my job and mortgage as two reasons to stay in UK. So provided employment and mortgage papers. I think at least if you are earning well, you may able to provide P60 for previous few years, payslips (last 6) and corresponding bank statements, even if the current employment letter is missing, you could add a copy of contract if you have and it shows the contract you got is permanent/open-ended. I had all the papers so I submitted but I am not sure how they will access your employment without employment letter. The application form does ask about your employment and they may verify current status anyway from your office HR. So I would suggest you to ask senior member of this website to discuss how to present employment in best possible way.

I think my case was simple in a sense that from years I was studying and later got employment with the same institution. I think as long you have a clean immigration history, you will be fine.

Best wishes.

SBELL
Newly Registered

Post by SBELL » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 pm

Hello,

I applied for tier 2 dependant extension visa on 17/12 and enrolled for biometrics on 22/12 ahead of my previous visa expiring on 27/12.

I now qualify for my ILR and have put in a super priority application (Set O- 4/1/19). I however couldn’t get an appointment until 17/01.

Can someone please confirm if sending an email to the HO with a cover letter saying I have put in an application for IlR and if they could hold off on making a decision would make any difference? As I am conscious of getting a decision on my dependant extension visa before biometric enrolment.

Also I have been looking everywhere on this forum for an email address for UKVI. Can someone share please?

Thanks!

yunnshyuan
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by yunnshyuan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm

How do you go about escalating the case? I rang UKVI number today and spoke to a person who can only advice to wait. I mentioned about escalating and he said they don't escalate super priority service applications. They will just get it done as soon as...

siolog wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:44 pm
RY83 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:55 pm
:cry: Hi All

Applied online for ILR via 5 year tier2 (general category) SET (0) application on 5th Dec. Attended Biometric appointment on 8th December in Coventry central library. Waiting for the decision since then.

Everytime when i escalated previously, i got a generic email saying that "your application is still being processed". After my last escalation call on Monday (31st Dec) with UKVI I got below email which also doesn't make any sense. Has anyone else also got this email after 3rd escalation.

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application."

wrote to my local MP as well but unfortunately no response so just send another email again today. Hoping to hear something from him. I am in my last trimester of pregnancy and this waiting time has already put me under so much stress. its been a month now but no news.

I really wish everyone who is in the same situation like me gets their decision quickly.
Hello @RY83
We are both in the same situation.
ILR via 5 year tier2 (general category) SET (0)
Application Date: 05/12/2018
Biometrics Appointment Date @ Manchester Library: 11/12/2018
Got exact same email today at 1:06 PM :cry:

mjuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by mjuk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Saninsts wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
Good to know. Just recalled if you have change of employer whilst ILR application submitted and how did you go with it.
mjuk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:42 pm
So I got my letter this morning. My details below:

Application type: SET(O) based on tier 2
Date of submission: 20/12/2018
Biometrics: 03/01/2019 @ Sopra Steria Birmingham
Letter received: 07/01/2019 (dated 03/01/2019 so application was processed on the same day)
Awaiting BRP but that should arrive in due course

I didn't get any email once the application was processed.

Still surprised how erratic the response from Home Office is!

Happy to help if I can answer any questions. Good luck to everyone who is waiting! The wait is indeed the worst part of the process so be strong!
Accepted the offer from the new employer. Had a tier 2 lined up but glad I didn't have to go down that route again.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 am

SidiBou wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:17 pm
Only Now I’m relieved and I can go back to normal life :D . Thank you all for the support and good luck to the rest who is waiting! Some details regarding my case...

Application type: ILR SET (O) (5 years with Tier 2) “Super” Priority
Applied for: My self, spouse and 2 children
Applied via: Solicitor
Application Submitted online on: 12/12/2018
Biometric date: 17/12/2018
Notification received: None
Action taken by solicitor: Escalated my case on 04/01/2018
Confirmation email: 07/01/2018
Confirmation Email text: “Dear XXXX
I’m pleased to confirm that the application for indefinite leave to remain for your client XXXX has now been granted. You will receive the decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm his immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.
Kind Regards”
Next steps: Apply for a refund (£600 * 4 = £2,400) through my solicitor
I'm so happy for u as I know u form the very first time I started following this page u got it today so I must get it too bec we were the very old ones waiting I have also got my lawyer to do the same hopefully I'll get something out of it anyways congarts

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:48 am

I have wrote to my MP no replie yet ptya for me guys
and others that r waiting

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 am

saimajaan wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 am
SidiBou wrote:
Only Now I’m relieved and I can go back to normal life :D . Thank you all for the support and good luck to the rest who is waiting! Some details regarding my case...

I’m pleased to confirm that the application for indefinite leave to remain for your client XXXX has now been granted. You will receive the decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm his immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.
Kind Regards”
I'm so happy for u as I know u form the very first time I started following this page u got it today so I must get it too bec we were the very old ones waiting I have also got my lawyer to do the same hopefully I'll get something out of it anyways congarts
Thanks Saimajaan! Giving it a push from a solicitor may help. I’m sure you will hear back soon. Best of luck!

kiwijane123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwijane123 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 am

groot05 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:48 am
Hi all,

Below is my SET(LR) application timeline

Online application submitted : 04th Dec 2018
Biometric application date : 21st Dec 2018
Application center : Croydon (8 am)
Decision letter received : 31st Dec 2018
BRP received : 04th Jan 2019

I was very frustrated over the wait during the holiday period, otherwise an OK experience.

Happy to answer any questions.
Hello. I see that there were over 2 weeks between application submission and biometrics appointment. May I ask if that was because there were no appointments available sooner, or because you were only free on the 21stof Dec to attend the appointment?

Saninsts
Newly Registered
India

Post by Saninsts » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:56 am

mjuk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 pm
Saninsts wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
Good to know. Just recalled if you have change of employer whilst ILR application submitted and how did you go with it.
mjuk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:42 pm
So I got my letter this morning. My details below:

Application type: SET(O) based on tier 2
Date of submission: 20/12/2018
Biometrics: 03/01/2019 @ Sopra Steria Birmingham
Letter received: 07/01/2019 (dated 03/01/2019 so application was processed on the same day)
Awaiting BRP but that should arrive in due course

I didn't get any email once the application was processed.

Still surprised how erratic the response from Home Office is!

Happy to help if I can answer any questions. Good luck to everyone who is waiting! The wait is indeed the worst part of the process so be strong!
Accepted the offer from the new employer. Had a tier 2 lined up but glad I didn't have to go down that route again.
Do you provide employment letters from both employers as supporting doc for your ILR appln?

srika
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by srika » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:00 am

badhodor wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 pm
srika wrote:
Hi All,

If you had taken the time to read this thread you would have got the answers to both your questions. But here it is anyway.

1. Yes, you can do that and book appointment afterwards 1st feb.
2. Depends where you live etc. but theoretically yes at the premium visa centres where you pay 200-260 and can get next day or within 2 day appointments.
Thanks for clarifying

kumar88
Newly Registered
India

Post by kumar88 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I have received my decision for ILR yesterday and below is my time line

Application submitted on 26/11/2018
Bio metric Appointment on 01/12/2018 East ham
Didn't receive any update so I made my first escalation on 11/12/2018 followed by three escalations but I don't think this helps.
Sent an email to my MP on 19/12/2018 and they were able to escalate my case with home office on the day, however I received my first correspondence from a case worker on 02/01/2019 asking for additional details of all holidays I took during my previous employment. I send them the details requested on 04/01/2019 and got my approval email on 07/1/2019 9:30 AM.

Now I need to find out how to apply for a refund on the super priority 24 hours fees I paid since my file was not picked up at least for a month even though paying for the 24 hours decision.

Thanks to the forum as this helped me in finding out all information needed for my application process

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am

Hi All,

I wanted share my experience as well. I applied for Settlement visa via Tier 2 5 years route. 7th of Jan 2019 was my 5 years and I yesterday 7th of Jan 2019 I had my appointment at Croydon.

Appointment time was 11:00am but reached there by 10:30am, (they will let you in even if you're a little early) Get your Ticket number, then when your called you do a scan of your QR Code, Passport and take a photo and this is all self-service. Once you're done you visit a person who will check all your documents verify them and upload. Note: They didn't check my documents beside Passport and Appointment letter they just verified what I uploaded.

The funny thing is I uploaded all my documents and yet my Lawyer called me yesterday 7th of Jan at 3:30am saying that documents were needed and it was for "English Language" and "Absence from UK". Guess what I did upload them all but yet HO couldn't find them. Even-though I did upload all the documents I still emailed them to my lawyer and then he uploaded it to HO.

I'm still waiting for result. Let's see how it goes. I'm a bit worried as why they couldn't find my uploaded documents and ask me.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:24 am

SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 am
saimajaan wrote:
SidiBou wrote:

Kind Regards”
Thanks Saimajaan! Giving it a push from a solicitor may help. I’m sure you will hear back soon. Best of luck!
SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 am
saimajaan wrote:
SidiBou wrote:

Kind Regards”
THANK u so much . may I ask how ur solicitor exactly brought ur case back to life . what did he do my one has just sent them an email and no replie to him yet .

manish7490
Newly Registered
India

Post by manish7490 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 am

kumar88 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am
Hi Everyone,

I have received my decision for ILR yesterday and below is my time line

Application submitted on 26/11/2018
Bio metric Appointment on 01/12/2018 East ham
Didn't receive any update so I made my first escalation on 11/12/2018 followed by three escalations but I don't think this helps.
Sent an email to my MP on 19/12/2018 and they were able to escalate my case with home office on the day, however I received my first correspondence from a case worker on 02/01/2019 asking for additional details of all holidays I took during my previous employment. I send them the details requested on 04/01/2019 and got my approval email on 07/1/2019 9:30 AM.

Now I need to find out how to apply for a refund on the super priority 24 hours fees I paid since my file was not picked up at least for a month even though paying for the 24 hours decision.

Thanks to the forum as this helped me in finding out all information needed for my application process

Congratulations on our decision. May ask if you are able to share draft of your email you sent to your MP for this delay, thanks in advance.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:40 am

And my story begins!
Just finished my application (08/01/2019)
Appointment on 14th January 2019
ILR type: SET(M) Super priority service.
Appointment location: Mark Lane London - Premiim Lounge.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am
THANK u so much . may I ask how ur solicitor exactly brought ur case back to life . what did he do my one has just sent them an email and no replie to him yet .
[/quote]

No worries!

To be exact my employer used this ‘xxxxxxxxx' to handle the E2E immigration process. Sorry for misleading you as I thought to use solicitor for sake of simplicity. The person managing my case sent them an email (not sure what address). That is how he escalated it last Friday. He is not sure if the escalation had an impact or if it is just a coincidence. I don’t even think they replied to his escalation yet but was worth the effort.
[/quote]
that's what my lawyer has done too but thats ok I understand thanks for ur kind replie . enjoy

RY83
Newly Registered
India

Post by RY83 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 am

yunnshyuan wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm
How do you go about escalating the case? I rang UKVI number today and spoke to a person who can only advice to wait. I mentioned about escalating and he said they don't escalate super priority service applications. They will just get it done as soon as...

siolog wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:44 pm
RY83 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:55 pm
:cry: Hi All

Applied online for ILR via 5 year tier2 (general category) SET (0) application on 5th Dec. Attended Biometric appointment on 8th December in Coventry central library. Waiting for the decision since then.

Everytime when i escalated previously, i got a generic email saying that "your application is still being processed". After my last escalation call on Monday (31st Dec) with UKVI I got below email which also doesn't make any sense. Has anyone else also got this email after 3rd escalation.

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application."

wrote to my local MP as well but unfortunately no response so just send another email again today. Hoping to hear something from him. I am in my last trimester of pregnancy and this waiting time has already put me under so much stress. its been a month now but no news.

I really wish everyone who is in the same situation like me gets their decision quickly.
Hello @RY83
We are both in the same situation.
ILR via 5 year tier2 (general category) SET (0)
Application Date: 05/12/2018
Biometrics Appointment Date @ Manchester Library: 11/12/2018
Got exact same email today at 1:06 PM :cry:
yunnshyuan

I think escalation through calling customer service is useless, as it doesn't actually escalate the case; instead they keep sending the generic email within 5 working days. I had really frustrating and baseless auto replies from them. Now I just waiting without doing any more calls to them.

kchakrabarty
Newly Registered

Post by kchakrabarty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:36 am

Hi,

I have a general enquiry regarding uploading documents online.

1. Is there a limit on how many number of pdfs can be uploaded online? I know that there is a file size limit of 6mb per individual upload.
2. Can you see any sort of confirmation that gives us comfort whether the file has been uploaded online successfully?

Kind Regards,

KChakrabarty

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:44 am

kchakrabarty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:36 am
Hi,

I have a general enquiry regarding uploading documents online.

1. Is there a limit on how many number of pdfs can be uploaded online? I know that there is a file size limit of 6mb per individual upload.
2. Can you see any sort of confirmation that gives us comfort whether the file has been uploaded online successfully?

Kind Regards,

KChakrabarty
Don't know about the number of Pdf's but once the file is uploaded it will show up on the portal automatically.

You can take your originals with you to your biometric appointment. The agent at the appointment will check your uploaded documents against the mandatory list and ensure they are legible. If anything is not there, or not clear etc. they will upload it again there and then.
If the caseworker is not able to find something, they will send an email asking for those documents as well.

Hope that helps!

kchakrabarty
Newly Registered

Post by kchakrabarty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks Badhodor for your prompt response. My query about number of pdfs is mainly because of the number of online bank statements that I plan to attach for myself and my wife, 3 different accounts for each. I have a letter from my bank confirming that the statements are authentic, which I believe should be sufficient enough. I am just worried that it may not let me upload more than a specified number of documents.

Can anyone else on this forum please help me with this query?

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:51 am

kchakrabarty wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am
Thanks Badhodor for your prompt response. My query about number of pdfs is mainly because of the number of online bank statements that I plan to attach for myself and my wife, 3 different accounts for each. I have a letter from my bank confirming that the statements are authentic, which I believe should be sufficient enough. I am just worried that it may not let me upload more than a specified number of documents.

Can anyone else on this forum please help me with this query?
You can combine the PDF's also?
If you can't or unable to do so, just take them to the appointment and those guys will upload it for you. Don't need to panic as long as you physically have all the documents which you will take to the appointment anyway.

annawestlondon
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by annawestlondon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 pm

annawestlondon wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Hi all, hopefully my post will give strenthg for those who are planning to apply soon.

ILR: SET (0), after 5 years on working visa with the same employer

Timeline
31 December 2018.
Submitted application and all scanned documents. Booked biometric in Croydon for next working day, other Lodon centers were not avaliable. Didn't book any documents checkings.

2 January 2019.
Took me 2.5 hours to complete biometric appointment, documents have been sent to HO at 12.30 pm. Everything went smothly, but due to amount of people and careful security checks queue didnt move fast. Guy only scanned my current passport and biomentrics appointment confirmation document, no any other documents were needed at that point.
If you have a scanner, it's much better to scan and upload all documents yourself, saves a lot of time for you and other people. Only current passport has to be scanned on special machine, all other documents are fine with usual scanners.

3 January 2019.
At 2.30 pm received email from my case worker from Sheffild with confirmaiton of granted IRL. At that time my scanned docuemnts were not "frozen" at Sopra's account, so i dont think it has any connection with status of your applicaton.

Required documents:
- Employement Letter
- Letter about absenses
- Police registration
- Current BRP
- Current passport
- Old passport
- Declaration - checks consent (you can download and sign it while submitting application)
- Payslip
- Bank statement (printed in branch + stamp on every page)
- Masters degree from UK university
- Life in the UK test

They still have not clear documents in the list:
"Evidence of XXX's immigration status in the UK", but not current BRP
and
"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the
relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

So just in case i scanned:
- Old working visa and PSV (were not required)
- Old approval letters (were not required)
- SoC for my current BRP (were not required)

Will update you about posting time, once receive letter and a card.
Approval letter arrived on 7th on January with Roayl Mail and BRP on 7th with DX. Both were dated 03.01.2019. Overall took less than a week between biometric appointment and receiving ILR card.