ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for Tier 5 YMS while on a tier 4

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wow11768sodium
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

applying for Tier 5 YMS while on a tier 4

Post by wow11768sodium » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:40 am

Hi everyone and merry christmas,

I was wondering will I be able to apply for the T5 yms even though my T4 is still active?
I will finish my masters in Feb 2019 and my T4 expires on the 31st of July.

I am in Hong Kong for holiday at the moment so I am wondering if this is doable.
thanks in advance!

joycelo0404
Newly Registered

Re: applying for Tier 5 YMS while on a tier 4

Post by joycelo0404 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm

Yes, you can apply for T5 whilst your T4 is still active, but you will have to go back to your home country ( maybe Hong Kong ?). I would suggest you applying with your BNO (if you have one) to apply for this visa so you are not limited to the quota of people and you would not need to acquire a CoS.

zcfaxzl
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: applying for Tier 5 YMS while on a tier 4

Post by zcfaxzl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 am

joycelo0404 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm
Yes, you can apply for T5 whilst your T4 is still active, but you will have to go back to your home country ( maybe Hong Kong ?). I would suggest you applying with your BNO (if you have one) to apply for this visa so you are not limited to the quota of people and you would not need to acquire a CoS.
Hi joycelo0404! Do you know if my application with BNO gets denied, I can still try again with my Hong Kong passport (with CoS of course)? Thanks!