ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusion about switching from student to work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

workpermitinquiry
Newly Registered

confusion about switching from student to work permit

Post by workpermitinquiry » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:29 am

Hi All,

I had no answer to my previous query, so I will rephrase it here.
I am a student who is waiting for his exams and recently got work permit for a job. This is my second degree in the UK, where the first was a succesfully completed MSc and this one is PhD.
I am looking to find out urgently if I can apply for Further Leave to Remain based on my Work permit while in the UK before I have my exams (which has 4-6 weeks still to go). Will the fact that I have alrady successfully finished one course in the UK will allow me to switch from student to Work permit category without going back to my Home Country?

The company wants me to start asap and that's why I would like to get the FLR as quickly as I can get.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....Thanks for stopping to see my query...

Cheers

DT