ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics for Child (Under 5 years) when applying for British Citizenship (in the UK)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bbreddy

Biometrics for Child (Under 5 years) when applying for British Citizenship (in the UK)

Post by bbreddy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi All,

If all goes well, I would like to apply for BC for our 3 year old daughter shortly (inside the UK).

I was wondering if she needs to:

(1) Submit her bio-metrics? is it a must? As per the below link,

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... sonal-data

What children need to do
Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or someone over 18 who has legal responsibility for them.

Children do not need to give their signature. They do not need to give their fingerprints if they’re:

under 6 and applying from inside the UK
under 5 and applying from outside the UK

(2) In some forums / links it says 'all' applicants must attend the biometrics appointment. So I am a bit confused whether or not it is mandatory for the child to be present at the time of biometrics appointment?

If it is not, then what shall we do with the biometrics letters that gets generated after the online app submission? How will the HO Know that all required formalities are completed so as to process them?

How do we handle the scenario of only the child is applying for BC (i.e. no adults) in the application?

(3) If we book a private ceremony for naturalisation, then will the child be charged at the same rate? or is it free?

Please let us know so we can plan the child's travel accordingly.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometrics for Child (Under 5 years) when applying for British Citizenship (in the UK)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:07 pm

She needs to enroll biometrics. For children it is only a digital photo that is taken.

Children DO NOT attend ceremonies, only adults do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bbreddy

Re: Biometrics for Child (Under 5 years) when applying for British Citizenship (in the UK)

Post by bbreddy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 am

Thank you very much CR001

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi Reddy, just gone through biometrcis of my 15months Son. It's only digital photograph and no fingerprints..

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you, SidG