ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUTR documentation - issue with tenancy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

EUTR documentation - issue with tenancy

Post by anbu369 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi all,

I am an Indian citizen and my wife is Italian. I was in Ireland on student visa and went back to India. We got married recently and I applied for join EEA spouse under free movement rights visa and got back to Ireland in December 2018. When I went to the garda, they said I have to apply for my residence card through EUTR1 form. I have few queries regarding the application.

1. The application requires a tenancy agrement

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EUTR documentation - issue with tenancy

Post by max307 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Yes, if you and your EU wife do not have a tenancy agreement get some sort of letter from your landlord or flatmate so you can send that instead with your EU1 application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 pm

my post got submitted before completing and I submitted another post which is not approved yet. here is my full query

Hi all,

I am an Indian citizen and my wife is Italian. I was in Ireland on a student visa and went back to India. We got married recently and I applied for join EEA spouse under free movement rights visa and got back to Ireland in December 2018. When I went to the garda, they said I have to apply for my residence card through EUTR1 form. I have few queries regarding the application.

1. The application requires a tenancy agreement and a letter from the landlord confirming my stay with my wife. But the letting agency doesn't allow another member to be added to the tenancy agreement. We are already planning to find a new place but it is hard to find a new place in cork so we want to apply for the residence card first. What do I do if I don't have joint tenancy?

2. When and how do I get a temporary stamp 4 when I submit my EUTR application? do I get an acknowledgement? If so, how long does it take? My visa ends on March 19 and what if I don't get the acknowledgement before my visa expires?

Kindly assist with the above queries. Thanks.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

1. The application requires a tenancy agreement and a letter from the landlord confirming my stay with my wife. But the letting agency doesn't allow another member to be added to the tenancy agreement. We are already planning to find a new place but it is hard to find a new place in cork so we want to apply for the residence card first. What do I do if I don't have joint tenancy?

If you and your wife are not residing at the same address I would strongly recommend to not send the application until that issue is resolved, INIS won't be happy with the fact that the two of you aren't living together regardless of the housing situation in Cork.

2. When and how do I get a temporary stamp 4 when I submit my EUTR application? do I get an acknowledgement? If so, how long does it take? My visa ends on March 19 and what if I don't get the acknowledgement before my visa expires?

The temporary Stamp 4 EUFAM is issued a few weeks after the application has been initially reviewed by INIS, I would say 8 weeks give or take. Once the application is lodged you are deemed "legal resident" even if your current visa expired, just make sure that your EU1 application is submitted before March 19.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 pm

I'm actually living with my wife. She is in a three bedroom apartment with couple of her friends and I'm staying with her and we are looking for a house. We can get the utility bills in our name but couldn't get the tenancy agreement in our name. I can get letters from her friends that I'm staying with them. Will that be ok? Or how do i deal with this?

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Can anyone suggest on this? What do I do if I dont have joint tenancy with my wife. We life together and can get utility bills together. I am having a bank statement and PPS number but the letting agency wont include my name in the agreement. How do I apply?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:56 pm

below solution I read somewhere.

take letter from person whos name is on lease OR PRTB. stating that you and your wife is living on this address. also write cover letter and explain them you are living in shared house with your partner and you have attached letter from your Current Lease holder/landlord. also don't forget to attached lease of person who's name is on lease.

Thanks,

United78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by United78 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:34 pm

@anbu369, can you please tell me how long does it take to issue a visa for join eea spouse in India.
When did you apply for your visa and from where your visa has been issued?
I meant place of issue in ur visa.is it Dublin or New delhi?
Regards

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Post by coline870 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:44 pm

My husband also submitted EU1TR recently and he submitted the tenancy agreement which is on me and my friend with whom i am sharing the apartment.

He just wrote a letter mentioning that we are living together at this address. We haven't submitted any other proofs of residence on his name like bank statements and utility bills as we moved to the new address less than a month ago. Btw, we also live in Cork and he is from India

Now your post put me in doubt. :?

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 am

@finalversion2k the lease is on tow other people and my wife. So if I was thinking of getting a letter from all three of them that I live with them and a letter from the letting agency that my wife stays there. will that be ok?

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 am

@united78 hi, I think it differs. I applied on october 28 and got it on December 7th. but some people who applied a month before me still haven't got it

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am

coline870 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:44 pm
My husband also submitted EU1TR recently and he submitted the tenancy agreement which is on me and my friend with whom i am sharing the apartment.

He just wrote a letter mentioning that we are living together at this address. We haven't submitted any other proofs of residence on his name like bank statements and utility bills as we moved to the new address less than a month ago. Btw, we also live in Cork and he is from India

Now your post put me in doubt. :?
hi coline. did you get an acknowledgement back? if so, when did you get it? It would be helpful if you share more information as anyone I know who applied for EuTR did before months and it was the old form.

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Post by coline870 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am

They did not send any acknowledgement . Its been almost a month.When contacted , they said it would take upto 8 weeks or more.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 am

@anbu369: I'l suggest not to complicate.. just make/get one letter and signed with all three with ther names.. & attached letter from letting agent..

Thanks,
Regards,
#KK

United78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by United78 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 am

@anbu369 ,can you please tell me on your visa,what is the issueing place.is it dublin or New Delhi.
And did you send application by VFS?
Regards

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm

United78 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 am
@anbu369 ,can you please tell me on your visa,what is the issueing place.is it dublin or New Delhi.
And did you send application by VFS?
Regards
I applied through vfs. sent to delhi and then dublin. so yes, was issued in dublin

anbu369
Newly Registered
India

Post by anbu369 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:05 pm

coline870 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am
They did not send any acknowledgement . Its been almost a month.When contacted , they said it would take upto 8 weeks or more.
alright. do you know what to do if the visa ends before getting an acknowledgement?

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Post by coline870 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:30 am

Just apply as soon as possible. You will receive acknowledgement before your visa expires in march.