ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptional Promise for film and production

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Madetruff
Newly Registered
Mood:

Exceptional Promise for film and production

Post by Madetruff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello everyone! :)

Believe me when I tell you, I've been reading all throughout this forum and have not seen anyone ask about the Tier 1 Exceptional Promise visa for film and television production. If there is someone who has applied through that route and has information in this forum, please include the link, maybe I missed it.

I'm currently a producer in the US and have worked on a few projects with a few companies that are based both here and in the UK. I would love to move to London and continue to positively contribute to her society.

Details:
Now before I was a producer, I was a model and actress (the relevancy will make sense in a few moments); one of the movies I was in (as an actress) won two awards. They are large but local to New York film festivals. Articles have also been written about me, both in the US and Australia again, referencing only my modeling, acting and hosting experience.

The documents for my visa application will include:
1) still working on a letter from an arts, cultural, or film/advertising UK organization
2) a letter of support from the president of an internationally recognized advertising agency with the home office based in London
3) a letter of support from a Production manager (US)
4) a letter of support from a friend working for an arts charity (UK)
5) proof of award #1 from the film festival (US)
6) proof of award #2 from the film festival (US)
7) article written about me (Australia)
8) article written about me (US)
9) article written about me on social media blogs (US New Media)

I'm currently a US citizen and have even been battling with the idea of renouncing my citizenship just so I can become citizen of the UK; which, through even more research, I found that they would eventually look into your parents citizenships to check if you qualify for citizenship from their home countries. Both of my parents have dual citizenship in Africa and I would be eligible for citizenship by birth/decent.

I've been spending half of my yearly earnings just to travel back and forth to London and even have a second family and friend base there. I love the country, the culture, and the history; I just have this innate feeling that London is my home.

So my question is: do you believe that there will be an issue as I have no articles written online about my work as a producer?

Thanks in advance for all of the advice; I hope 2019 has been great to all of you so far! <3

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Re: Exceptional Promise for film and production

Post by ramgoel123 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Your case looks very strong. Details provided by you shows that you have good number of recommendations.

femmechip
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by femmechip » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 am

I was looking into this, but unfortunately there is no exceptional promise for film and production, only exceptional talent.

Madetruff
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Madetruff » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm

femmechip wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 am
I was looking into this, but unfortunately there is no exceptional promise for film and production, only exceptional talent.
I thought the same but after visiting the arts Council in person and asking for more information, there is in fact an exceptional promise category for film and television production. Exceptional promise and exceptional talent both go through the Arts Council.