ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yunnshyuan
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by yunnshyuan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm

prejay wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm
Update from us: we have had to repeat visits to the Sopra Steria centre. Applied on 27th December 2018, notified on Tuesday that biometrics were missing. Returned ad-hoc on Wednesday to repeat biometrics.

Notified today that passport scans now missing, so once again will need to return to scan. I suppose any progress is good progress here...

However, has anyone had an experience like this?! Reading the thread I've not seen anything but incase someone is lurking then I'd very like to hear about your experience and how we can possibility minimise the number of trips made and get the visa processed ASAP! All advice welcome.
Oh gosh, that's so very inconvenient! I applied on the same day too so hopefully nothing went wrong otherwise I would have to make a 2 hour trip there! Haven't had any calls or notification as such.

madhukola
Newly Registered
India

Post by madhukola » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi All,

SET(0) - PBS dependent application for wife.

Application Timeline:

Date of online application- 15th Nov 2018
Date of Bio-metrics apportionment - 28th Nov 2018
Place of Appointment - Spora Steria, Ground Floor, T3, Trinity Park, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham, B37 7ES
UKVI Customer care: Escalated the case multiple times and received below email update.

19th Dec 2018:
Our records show your application is still being processed.

28th Dec 2018:
Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

09th Jan 2019:
Wrote to the local MP

10th Jan 2019
Decision email received @4:30 PM

Dear XYZ,

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier XYZ of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Kind Regards, XYZ

It's a bit of relief now after the anxious wait of 6 and half weeks with super priority service :)

Just want to thanks the members for all their inputs to better understand the situation and be patient, hope the above timeline might be some help to members who are still waiting from Nov. It seems they are clearing up the delayed applications now, hope everyone still awaiting will hear the good news soon.

Regards, Madhu

siolog
Newly Registered

Post by siolog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 am

vibe123 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:36 pm
siolog wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:08 pm
Hello Everyone,

Thank you everyone for the information shared here. It does help a lot!

I received my approval email today.

My Application Timeline ILR (SET O - Tier 2) SUPER PRIORITY (Switched employer this year)

Submission on: 05/12/2018
BRP Appointment @ Manchester Library on: 11/12/2018
Approval Email: 10/01/2019 @2:30pm

I wish everyone still waiting good luck
Great news ! Can you please tell us what escalations you did ?

Hello @vibe123 Just to make it more detailed

My Application Timeline ILR (SET O - Tier 2) SUPER PRIORITY :?: (Switched employer this year)

1st Email Correspondence: 06/12/2018
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Biometrics Appointment @ Manchester Library on: 11/12/2018

2nd Email Correspondence after Biometrics appointment (weird!): 18/12/2018
Following your recent Settlement application you will have received a biometric notification letter with instructions for providing your biometric data (scanned fingerprints and photograph). It informed you that you had 15 working days from the date on that letter to have your biometrics taken.

If you have already provided us with your biometric data for this current application, please ignore this email notification.
Escalated on: 19/12/2018 after receiving the above email

b]3rd Email Correspondence:[/b] 20/12/2018 (after escalation)
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.
4th Random Email Correspondence: 07/01/2019
(My guess would be this was the day a caseworker started working on my application)
We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 am

Happy to see the ball is rolling with more and more approvals.
I have received my BRPs on Wednesday after being approved on Monday. Best of luck to the rest.

My question is: I was on tier 2 and now on ILR. That said am I supposed to return old BRPs to HO or I can just keep them?

Thanks
SidiBou

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 am

SidiBou wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 am
I have received my BRPs on Wednesday after being approved on Monday. Best of luck to the rest.

My question is: I was on tier 2 and now on ILR. That said am I supposed to return old BRPs to HO or I can just keep them?

Thanks
SidiBou
Keep it a a moment. No need to return it.

It has been cancelled anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 am
SidiBou wrote:

Thanks
SidiBou

Thanks CR001 for your promptness!

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:12 am

CR001 wrote:
SidiBou wrote:

Thanks
SidiBou

In the 2 page letter attached to the decision letter, HO requires applicants to return the old BRP and threatens them with £1000 fine. I doubt there is any system recording the returns so keeping them is unlikely to result in a fine, but it is not accurate that applicants do not have to return the cards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am

bibi2 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:12 am
CR001 wrote:
SidiBou wrote:

Thanks
SidiBou

In the 2 page letter attached to the decision letter, HO requires applicants to return the old BRP and threatens them with £1000 fine. I doubt there is any system recording the returns so keeping them is unlikely to result in a fine, but it is not accurate that applicants do not have to return the cards.
BRP cards are required to be returned when you become British after naturalisation. The letter is likely a generic template.

I still have all my brp cards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am
bibi2 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:12 am
CR001 wrote:
SidiBou wrote:

Thanks
SidiBou

BRP cards are required to be returned when you become British after naturalisation. The letter is likely a generic template.

I still have all my brp cards.
Every requirement must have a legal basis in the Immigration Rules and not returnign cards has no legal basis so they cannot impose a fine.

Requiring apllicants to return the old BRP cards has no relation to naturalisation. I agree that not returning the card is unlikely to result in a fine, but it is not an accurate advice that applicants are required to return cards after they become British.

It is interesting that you managed to keep your old BRP cards, because the new system has been in place only for a couple of months.

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 am

siolog wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 am
vibe123 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:36 pm
siolog wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:08 pm
Hello Everyone,

Thank you everyone for the information shared here. It does help a lot!

I received my approval email today.

My Application Timeline ILR (SET O - Tier 2) SUPER PRIORITY (Switched employer this year)

BRP Appointment @ Manchester Library on: 11/12/2018

I wish everyone still waiting good luck
Great news ! Can you please tell us what escalations you did ?

Hello @vibe123 Just to make it more detailed

My Application Timeline ILR (SET O - Tier 2) SUPER PRIORITY :?: (Switched employer this year)

Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown, very helpful ! And congrats on your approval

1st Email Correspondence: 06/12/2018
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Biometrics Appointment @ Manchester Library on: 11/12/2018

2nd Email Correspondence after Biometrics appointment (weird!): 18/12/2018
Following your recent Settlement application you will have received a biometric notification letter with instructions for providing your biometric data (scanned fingerprints and photograph). It informed you that you had 15 working days from the date on that letter to have your biometrics taken.

If you have already provided us with your biometric data for this current application, please ignore this email notification.
Escalated on: 19/12/2018 after receiving the above email

b]3rd Email Correspondence:[/b] 20/12/2018 (after escalation)
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.
4th Random Email Correspondence: 07/01/2019
(My guess would be this was the day a caseworker started working on my application)
We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am

Hi All,

Got some update for those who applied 24 hours Super Priority.

I applied my Biometric on 7th of Jan 2019 (Tier2 ==> ILR)

I just called home office 2nd time 1st time being 8th of Jan 2019. I know when I called the first time to person told me to wait for 5 working days. However, today is 4 working day.

According to the person on the phone, depending upon the time you made application and once it is passed 5 working days. We should give them call back, they're going to take our details and pass it forward to referral team who should contact us soon.

So on Monday, I'm going to give them a ring but still hopeful that letter will show in my door fingercrossed.

cja_1234

Post by cja_1234 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am

Dear all

Relaying some of the recent good news, I am ready to share mine with extreme happiness.

SET (O) under Tier 2, Super Priority
Online Application: Dec 1 2018
Biometrics: Dec 1 2018 at Manchester Central Library

Numerous escalations starting from 3rd December.
Calling to UKVI contact centres - numerous times (lost counts)
Emails to Apply help, General Enquiry and Complaints
Wrote to MPs and calling to follow up

2x Generic emails about 6 months' decision timeline
2x emails about "sorry for the delay, but aim to decide as soon as possible"
1x email from the General Enquiry email address on the 19th working day ""sorry for the delay, but aim to decide as soon as possible"

Email received 11 January 2019 (today) at 10.41am
"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service."

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am

really happy to see so many of the 'old timers' getting approval.

we all stuck through it together! Blitz spirit! Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

I got my refund so wanted to explain what I did, as people's minds are turning more to that now.

I got a mailing address off this thread (from waaaaaaay back in November I think)

The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

I sent them a letter three days ago:

1. Put all info relating to my wife: name, UAN, case number, DoB, nationality, biometric appointment info, application date, etc.

2. Paragraph about why I'm writing

3. Quoted their own email to them which said: "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

And today, that £610 went back onto our credit card. Super happy about that. I think that's the place to write and we got the refund far faster than we were expecting.

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:47 am

cja_1234 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am
Dear all

Relaying some of the recent good news, I am ready to share mine with extreme happiness.

SET (O) under Tier 2, Super Priority
Online Application: Dec 1 2018
Biometrics: Dec 1 2018 at Manchester Central Library

Numerous escalations starting from 3rd December.
Calling to UKVI contact centres - numerous times (lost counts)
Emails to Apply help, General Enquiry and Complaints
Wrote to MPs and calling to follow up

2x Generic emails about 6 months' decision timeline
2x emails about "sorry for the delay, but aim to decide as soon as possible"
1x email from the General Enquiry email address on the 19th working day ""sorry for the delay, but aim to decide as soon as possible"

Email received 11 January 2019 (today) at 10.41am
"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service."
Great news, many congratulations!

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 am

oldmankensey wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am

we all stuck through it together! Blitz spirit! Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

I got my refund so wanted to explain what I did, as people's minds are turning more to that now.

I got a mailing address off this thread (from waaaaaaay back in November I think)

The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

1. Put all info relating to my wife: name, UAN, case number, DoB, nationality, biometric appointment info, application date, etc.

3. Quoted their own email to them which said: "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

And today, that £610 went back onto our credit card. Super happy about that. I think that's the place to write and we got the refund far faster than we were expecting.
Brilliant news! I think you might be the first fully done and dusted/refunded case on here =]

manish7490
Newly Registered
India

Post by manish7490 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:52 am

oldmankensey wrote:

The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Thats great news. Thanks for sharing this info, really helpful. :D

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 pm
hi all,
I will be glad if any of you guys @groot5 @frmglasgow @kiwijane123 @ dilse4srk @Vpruk and other moderators help me with the below please. Im getting worried i may have submitted our application wrongly

I have a question about the Sopra Steria website. I have submitted ILR (LR) application for myself and my family. When i go to the Documents submission page, it only gives me optional documents catergory ONLY and No Mandatory documents. The same shows on my wifes application.

Does that seem normal? Did anyone of you get the Mandatory documents section to upload your files?
I too can see nothing under mandatory document but under optional documents i can see whole list of documents to be uploaded. So i uploaded all my docs under optional tabs. My appointment is next week

vikm
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikm » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 pm

A quick update re. refund guys.

Having started this thread, having applied for and successfully getting the ILR back in Nov 2018, today I got a letter from the Home Office saying that they would be refunding the 'super priority' charge of 610 GBP since they could not make the decision within 24 hours.

I had not contacted them for a refund, so the letter came as a pleasant surprise.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm

madihaali_304 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 am
oldmankensey wrote:

The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Brilliant news! I think you might be the first fully done and dusted/refunded case on here =]
yep, all my dealings with UKVI are super fast. :roll:

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi Everyone

Please how soon can I get a Super Priority appointment and any other priority levels appointment after submitting a FLR (m) extension application online please?

If I submit an application today, can I get an appointment slot the next day? Or would the next available slot be few days later?

Regards

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 pm

No body can give a definitive answer on this however we can guess, all free appointments at core centre can be w-3 weeks away , all paid appointments could be next day or at least 1 week away. You will know it better once you are on the appointment page of sopra website. Check with different post codes

surfsumi
Mood:

Post by surfsumi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Dear All,
Just received my BRP card today via DX delivery.
Date of application: 31 Dec SET LR
Bio metrics at sopra : 11am 04 Jan.
Confirmation / notification : still waiting ( no letters or emails received so far
BRP :11th Jan
Called only once but never escalated or anything. Seems they have made the decision within 24 hours however yet to receive a letter from HO. Hopefully an end to the hectic immigration journey & looking forward to the future ahead. I wish good luck to the people waiting. I sincerely hope that all the problems sorted soon. Special thanks to the people run this web portal including admins, moderators & all the members. Your advice , encouragement helped me immensely to stay positive during last 6 odd years. Thank you. peace & love
SURESH

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi Guys, I escalated my case again (Tier 2 to ILR, Biometrics on 27th Dec) This was my second escalation and done this morning and I got this email .

Dear xx,

We do not send out a confirmation email, If you want to track your application, please log onto your account on the https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... mmigration or contact 0300 123 2241 (standard rate number)

Regards,
xx

When I clicked on the link, it says page not found. Did anyone else received a similar email after escalation ?
Thanks

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:19 pm

@vibe123, the links seems to be clearly broken. No I have not received any email of that kind.

It would be nice to check online.

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 pm

I just contacted them on the number and they said they have no idea what this email means and who sent it to me and asked me to wait till 7th January now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: