ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Granting 30 Months Visa Instead of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chuck2020
Newly Registered

Fresh LR ILR Application and JR in Parallel

Post by chuck2020 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 am

Gents,

Please can you please advise if it's possible to make a fresh application for 10 Year LR and apply for Judicial Review at the same time after ILR is refused? I mean both running in parallel!

monty87

Re: Fresh LR ILR Application and JR in Parallel

Post by monty87 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:43 am

It does not make sense to challenge and apply same category ILR application (if first application was also set(lr). Its more then likely to be refused pursuant to previous grounds of refusal.

I would suggest to either challenge refusal or apply again addressing previous shortcomings with further evidence (if applicable) and then challenge 2nd application if refused.

All the best.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fresh LR ILR Application and JR in Parallel

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 am

monty87 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:43 am
It does not make sense to challenge and apply same category ILR application (if first application was also set(lr). Its more then likely to be refused pursuant to previous grounds of refusal.

I would suggest to either challenge refusal or apply again addressing previous shortcomings with further evidence (if applicable) and then challenge 2nd application if refused.

All the best.
Link below of the OPs circumstances and refusal (likely Set(O)) in February 2016. Not sure what the OP has been doing since then in terms of his visa status as his visa expired in February 2016 already.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-refused- ... l#p1308388
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chuck2020
Newly Registered

Home Office Granting 30 Months Visa Instead of ILR

Post by chuck2020 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Gents,
Please i need your urgent advise on my case. I made an application for ILR base on Teir 1 application and the application was refused on 32(5) in June 2017 due to tax amendment. I reapplied in June within 14 dys of refusal with further documentary evidence detailing the reason for the tax amendment including account letter but this time i applied for 10 years long residency. The Home wrote last week saying they will not grant my application for ILR due to bad character and conduct but will rather grant me 30 months visa base on my child born in UK who is 8 years old. I am very confused and need urgent advise on what options i have left. I intended to reject the 30 months and fight the case in court as i have a strong evidence to defend my tax amendment case. Please i need honest advise on way forward and options i got left.

Momi

Re: Home Office Granting 30 Months Visa Instead of ILR

Post by Momi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I think they are giving you the best option. Don’t miss that.
Everything is almost same like ILR on human right etc benefits.
Keep in mind if you won’t accept it then they can refuse your ILR again saying that your 3C is ended and then you will have to defend 3C (in your case it’s already ended) Plus 322.
It happened with so many people recently.
Think about it and be wise.
Best of luck.