ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:07 pm

uchida wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 pm
salsabeel wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:52 pm
uchida wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:57 pm
Guys, I need some advice. A mate of mine applied for ILR after 5 years of having refugee status on the 15th of October last year. He received a letter from HO with his BRP on the 4th of January with refugee settlement on it / indefinite leave to remain on it. The letter said he should have received a letter confirming the decision. But he hasn't received this letter. Is this normal? Is there a number he can call to request for the letter? Thanks guys.
Wait for few more days,some members receive it with in few days if ur friend dont receive then Call 020 7035 4848 to contact Home Office customer service and Help line.
Thanks. He sent me a text this evening saying he received it today. Do you know if local authority/ councils still do "check and send" service for naturalisation/citizenship applications?
Please DO NOT ask citizenship questions in this thread which is ONLY for Set P ILR questions etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello Everyone

I am just about to apply for my mother's Set P ILR but i am stuck at a point that is;
She has a got a refugee travel document as everyone with the refugee status does.
but while filling out the online form when i put yes to the question where is says have you got a travel document then in the end of the application where it asks for supporting documents it says TRAVEL DOCUMENT ISSUED BY PAKISTAN.
Now i am stuck on this point , she has just got a normal refugee travel document issued by Home Office and not by Pakistan..so what is the best thing to do ?
Anyone who has applied online recently can you please share your experience on how you got around this question/ issue ?

if any moderator can help i ll be really thankful.

Thanks

imi143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imi143 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi respected group members I’m a silent observer of this forum

I just applied for ilr today so my timeline is below

5 years leave expires 11/02/2019

Online application sent on 09/01/2019

I got couple of questions I just came to know my name is wrong on travel documents like it’s a official mistake they write my first name as second and second as first my Soliciter said this is their fault I’m bit worried about it

2 I received couple of parking tickets and last 24 months but on the new online form there was no option for fpn my Soliciter also said we don’t need to declair as they didn’t ask for them

Can anyone of you answer my question thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm
Hello Everyone

I am just about to apply for my mother's Set P ILR but i am stuck at a point that is;
She has a got a refugee travel document as everyone with the refugee status does.
but while filling out the online form when i put yes to the question where is says have you got a travel document then in the end of the application where it asks for supporting documents it says TRAVEL DOCUMENT ISSUED BY PAKISTAN.
Now i am stuck on this point , she has just got a normal refugee travel document issued by Home Office and not by Pakistan..so what is the best thing to do ?
Anyone who has applied online recently can you please share your experience on how you got around this question/ issue ?

Thanks
If she has travel document from home office then you put home office.If you don't have anything from Pakistan then leave it.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:27 pm

[quote=imi143 post_id=1726744 time=1547062686 user_id=206767]

I got couple of questions I just came to know my name is wrong on travel documents like it’s a official mistake they write my first name as second and second as first my Soliciter said this is their fault I’m bit worried about it

2 I received couple of parking tickets and last 24 months but on the new online form there was no option for fpn my Soliciter also said we don’t need to declair as they didn’t ask for them

Can anyone of you answer my question than
You don't have to worry about parking tickets as an applicant is not required to mention these useless fines,your name is not a big problem.You will be fine.Look at me I have obtained national passport of my country of origin and Im really worried and reading so much info to find a solution.Goodluck.

imi143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imi143 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Thank you very much and I hope so just bit worried because one of the fpn issued by police because I parked at the wrong place and engine was on so police gave me £50 fpn and I paid it on time

imi143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imi143 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:24 am

Hi respected group members
I need an urgent advice can you please tell me how can I withdraw my set p ilr application

Actually I just sent it couple of days ago while filling it I have done a mistake I couldn’t mention about 2 fpn just come to know how to do it

What’s the option now
😒😒😒

waitinglad
Newly Registered

Post by waitinglad » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am

Dear fellow member,

I just wanted to share some information.

I reached out to my local MP, regarding my ILR application that was made on 22nd June 2018. as you can tell it has now been over 6 months. I Wrote to my MP in the beginning of december 2018 and they enquired on my behalf and HO came back with this response. can the expert please shed some light on it.

(Dear xxxxx,

Further to previous correspondence, please see below the response MP has received from UK Visas and Immigration concerning your case:

"Dear Ms xxx,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 6 December on behalf of Mr xxxx of xxxx, about his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

As you are aware, Mr xxxx submitted an application for ILR on 25 June. This application remains outstanding. Although our service standard for deciding ILR applications is 6 months, this is sometimes not possible. I can confirm that this is the case with Mr xxxx's application.

It may be helpful to explain that applications can often be deemed as complex in nature for a number of reasons. Delays in deciding applications are often due to issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. Additionally, in order to conclude an application, a number of additional checks with external government departments must be completed which can also result in us being unable to complete an application for ILR within our 6 month service standard.

I can confirm that when an application is made in-time, before the expiry of existing leave, an applicant remains in the UK on the terms and conditions of their previous leave until a decision is made on the new application, even if the decision is not made until their previous leave has expired. This is because they are covered by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which preserves the applicant's existing conditions of leave, including any conditions permitting them to take employment, until their application is decided (or they withdraw their application or leave the UK). Because Mr xxxx's application for ILR was made before his previous Leave expired, he is covered by 3C. I can confirm that Mr xxxx's employer, xxxxxxxxxxxxx, used the Employer Checking Service in July, which confirmed his right to work in the UK whilst his application is outstanding.

Please assure Mr xxxx that we will contact him as soon as a decision has been made on his application." )

I would be thankful to you guys with some feedback on this. Thanks in advance.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm

London22 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm
Hello Everyone

Thanks
If she has travel document from home office then you put home office.If you don't have anything from Pakistan then leave it.

Hey London22 thanks alot for your reply..but the problem is when in the form it asks you that have you got a travel document and if you say yes and fill all the details in and even where is asks issuing authority if you put home office even then at the end it asks you to provide travel document issued by pakistan
..not sure if anyone else who has applied online have faced similar problem ..if yes any help on how to go get around this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm

waitinglad wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am
Dear fellow member,

I reached out to my local MP, regarding my ILR application that was made on 22nd June 2018. as you can tell it has now been over 6 months. I Wrote to my MP in the beginning of december 2018 and they enquired on my behalf and HO came back with this response. can the expert please shed some light on it.

(Dear xxxxx,

Further to previous correspondence, please see below the response MP has received from UK Visas and Immigration concerning your case:

"Dear Ms xxx,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 6 December on behalf of Mr xxxx of xxxx, about his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

As you are aware, Mr xxxx submitted an application for ILR on 25 June. This application remains outstanding. Although our service standard for deciding ILR applications is 6 months, this is sometimes not possible. I can confirm that this is the case with Mr xxxx's application.

It may be helpful to explain that applications can often be deemed as complex in nature for a number of reasons. Delays in deciding applications are often due to issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. Additionally, in order to conclude an application, a number of additional checks with external government departments must be completed which can also result in us being unable to complete an application for ILR within our 6 month service standard.

I can confirm that when an application is made in-time, before the expiry of existing leave, an applicant remains in the UK on the terms and conditions of their previous leave until a decision is made on the new application, even if the decision is not made until their previous leave has expired. This is because they are covered by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which preserves the applicant's existing conditions of leave, including any conditions permitting them to take employment, until their application is decided (or they withdraw their application or leave the UK). Because Mr xxxx's application for ILR was made before his previous Leave expired, he is covered by 3C. I can confirm that Mr xxxx's employer, xxxxxxxxxxxxx, used the Employer Checking Service in July, which confirmed his right to work in the UK whilst his application is outstanding.

Please assure Mr xxxx that we will contact him as soon as a decision has been made on his application." )

If you tell me which country are you from and have you committed any serious crime and have you obtained passport of your country of origin and travelled on it to your country or any other ,it will come out why are they taking so long.
I think they cant refuse you as if that was the case they would have done it until now .It will be interesting to share the info I requested.I am going to apply for my ILR next month so it will be interesting and informative to know .

Baby777
Newly Registered

Post by Baby777 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

I am from Tunisia
I applied for ILR on 10/09/2018
I never obtained a Tunisian passport or I never traveling to any country
Also I didn't commit any crime or fine
I have two children and I am working..but unfortunately I received a exceptionally complex issues letter on 29/11/2018 (humain right article 1 of 1951 convention)
Maybe because I obtained a 5-year refugee status under human rights.
I hope we hear good news soon
Best of luck

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Baby777 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm
I am from Tunisia
I applied for ILR on 10/09/2018
I never obtained a Tunisian passport or I never traveling to any country
Also I didn't commit any crime or fine
I have two children and I am working..but unfortunately I received a exceptionally complex issues letter on 29/11/2018 (humain right article 1 of 1951 convention)
Maybe because I obtained a 5-year refugee status under human rights.
I hope we hear good news soon
Best of luck
Chill out & don't worry.If you are a refugee and still need protection HO cant refuse you ILR as they don't have any grounds as detailed in UNHCR .Sometimes some case workers act like a foolish by working too slow on purpose and it seems to me the same case with you.I think you will get ILR very soon.Please let us know here.Thnak you.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 am

Saniii wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:53 pm
You should have submitted them along with your application form. There is nothing to worry I think
Hello Sanni
I have a question if you can answer as you have kept or renewed your national passport, have you explained them and got ILR or there were issues and also have you actually travelled to canada or not?
I am almost in same situation as I renewed my national passport but never used it for travel only used it as an ID .Im due to apply for Ilr and in fear they may apply cessation clause 1c1 on me.I hope they dont .

imi143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imi143 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:45 pm

[quote=London22 post_id=1726801 time=1547069265 user_id=209295]
[quote=imi143 post_id=1726744 time=1547062686 user_id=206767]

Can anyone of you answer my question than
You don't have to worry about parking tickets as an applicant is not required to mention these useless fines,your name is not a big problem.You will be fine.Look at me I have obtained national passport of my country of origin and Im really worried and reading so much info to find a solution.Goodluck.

Hi London 22 thank you very much
I think you can cancel your passport or return to your local authorities
Also some good explanation to home office should work for you I wish you best of luck

I need some more info as I explained above my Soliciter did mistake he didn’t disclose both fpn one of them was issued by police I am really afraid now it could end up at deception
What’s the best option now
Should I withdraw my application and reapply?
Should a write an explanation letter to home office and disclose them ?

waitinglad
Newly Registered

Post by waitinglad » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:30 pm

London22 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm
waitinglad wrote:
Dear fellow member,

(Dear xxxxx,

"Dear Ms xxx,

If you tell me which country are you from and have you committed any serious crime and have you obtained passport of your country of origin and travelled on it to your country or any other ,it will come out why are they taking so long.
I think they cant refuse you as if that was the case they would have done it until now .It will be interesting to share the info I requested.I am going to apply for my ILR next month so it will be interesting and informative to know .

Dear London22,

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm that, I have not commited any crime, I have not obtained passport/ID of my country, I am from Pakistan and I have not travelled to my country or any other country for that matter. I Have been working in heath sector for the past 4 years and before that in the university.

However, I had CCJ for no payment of rent which was issued in 2014. for which i have declared on the application.

hope this helps?

regards, Waitinglad

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:21 pm

waitinglad wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:30 pm
London22 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm
waitinglad wrote:
Dear fellow member,

(Dear xxxxx,

"Dear Ms xxx,

Dear London22,

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm that, I have not commited any crime, I have not obtained passport/ID of my country, I am from Pakistan and I have not travelled to my country or any other country for that matter. I Have been working in heath sector for the past 4 years and before that in the university.

However, I had CCJ for no payment of rent which was issued in 2014. for which i have declared on the application.

hope this helps?

regards, Waitinglad
Hi Mate
Dont worry ccj cant stop you getting ILR as it is a civil matter and yes it can have impact on nationality application with limited threshold that only a stubborn caseworker can do that.Your case is stronger if your reasons for asylum still stand the same as of the time of grant and also there is no protection in your country because of your specific circumstances that made you to seek international protection.If they refuse you Im sure you will win it on appeal .Just hope for better .The way the grant of asylum is hard the more hard is to cease it on the other hand too.Goodluck.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 pm

ariskar wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 am
The alternative, in case you have not used the home country passport would be to consult an immigration advisor and contact HO/SSHD to provide them the passport and explain your mistake and reasons you still require protection, which is likely to trigger a status review for your case.
Hi Friend
I want hand over national passport to home office very soon before applying.Thats the option that can help me .Giving it back to my national authorities wont make any difference.Do you know which address should I send it to or go and hand over it to them.Is it travel documents section which office is lunar house Croydon?
Anyone else if can guide where exactly I should hand over my national passport to home office if not Croydon office.Thank you

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am

London22 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 pm
ariskar wrote:
The alternative, in case you have not used the home country passport would be to consult an immigration advisor and contact HO/SSHD to provide them the passport and explain your mistake and reasons you still require protection, which is likely to trigger a status review for your case.
Hi Friend
I want hand over national passport to home office very soon before applying.Thats the option that can help me .Giving it back to my national authorities wont make any difference.Do you know which address should I send it to or go and hand over it to them.Is it travel documents section which office is lunar house Croydon?
Anyone else if can guide where exactly I should hand over my national passport to home office if not Croydon office.Thank you
I think you should consult a soliciter rather then sending passort to home office as it will trigger the review of your case or better to apply for ILR and explain your mistake in it and send passport with your application. I hope you 'll be fine.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 am

Sand6 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am
London22 wrote:
ariskar wrote:
Hi Friend
I think you should consult a soliciter rather then sending passort to home office as it will trigger the review of your case or better to apply for ILR and explain your mistake in it and send passport with your application. I hope you 'll be fine.
Thank you mate for your advise.Im applying for ILR on 1st week of Feb.I will mention this issue of national passport and explain HO reasons led in making of it.I think when I go to submit documents I should send passport as well or ask HO later on where to send it.The problem with lawyers is they have no idea what can actually happen as it is a rare case.Yes I know this case would go to status review unit SRU.A useless silliest act have put me in huge pressure.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello everyone.....urgenttttt help needed
I have a question my ilr set protection is due in March.
I made a mistake before my asylum appeal was allowed I renew my Pakistani passport
While homeoffice got my expire passport.
I have a question do i have to tell home office I have renew my passport ?
Or if I don't tell them it's doesn't matter.
Can home office ask Pakistani embassy if I renew any passport?
Please help me

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:33 pm

London22 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 am
Sand6 wrote:
London22 wrote:
ariskar wrote:
Hi Friend
Thank you mate for your advise.Im applying for ILR on 1st week of Feb.I will mention this issue of national passport and explain HO reasons led in making of it.I think when I go to submit documents I should send passport as well or ask HO later on where to send it.The problem with lawyers is they have no idea what can actually happen as it is a rare case.Yes I know this case would go to status review unit SRU.A useless silliest act have put me in huge pressure.

I made a mistake before my asylum appeal was allowed I renew my Pakistani passport
Please help me

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Sand6 wrote:
London22 wrote:
ariskar wrote:
Hi Friend
Please help me

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm
I have a question do i have to tell home office I have renew my passport ? yes u need to tell them.
Or if I don't tell them it's doesn't matter. it does matter
Can home office ask Pakistani embassy if I renew any passport? yes home office need to carry out all these checks before decision. so better to explain in details with reasons that why did u do that and why u needed it ?
Please help me
SALSABEEL

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:09 pm

Thank you very much for your replay.
So home office will contact to Pakistani embassy?
If I m refugee how can they share my information with my home country? Can you please tell me please

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm
I have a question do i have to tell home office I have renew my passport ? yes u need to tell them.
Or if I don't tell them it's doesn't matter. it does matter
Can home office ask Pakistani embassy if I renew any passport? yes home office need to carry out all these checks before decision. so better to explain in details with reasons that why did u do that and why u needed it ?
Please help me
Thank you SALA for replay me.
If I tell them are they going to refuse my ILR?