ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave 2nd Renewal 10 year Family Route - Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zagoo2000

Discretionary Leave 2nd Renewal 10 year Family Route - Application

Post by zagoo2000 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi All, I'm trying to understand the requirements for Discretionary Leave 2nd Renewal 10 year Family Route for my father's application.

Discretionary Leave: Sep 2013 to Mar 2016
1st Renewal: Jul 2016 to Feb 2019
2nd Renewal: is due

The home office decision letter of his 1st renewal states:
"Consideration has been given under paragraph R-LTRP.1.1 (a), (b) and (d) of appendix FM which include the exceptions paragraphs EX.1 (a) and (b)."

"Because of your particulars circumstances, you have been granted leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of appendix FM."

I have contacted the home office and I was advised to complete FLR(FP) [I thought it was FLR(HRO)] application form online. I must say it is really long and complicated. I'm in process of completing it but now I'm stuck on the 'Financial Requirement' page as it states:

You must be able to show that the financial requirement for this route is met. Your annual financial requirement is : £ 18,600.00 Yes/No

He is 67 and retired. I'm confused and worried will it effect his application now I will be selecting 'No'. He lives with me and I take care of his expenses.

Please advise.

justicefirst
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary Leave 2nd Renewal 10 year Family Route - Application

Post by justicefirst » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:19 pm

What is the basis of your application when you were intially granted leave to remain and what was the validity of your visa? is that 30 months leave?

Financial requirements are only for people who are on 5 year partner routes.

Is your visa granted on 10 year route or 5 year route??

Please clarify so i can offer you the correct advice you are looking for without any misunderstanding.
What does the home office letter says.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi justicefirst, many thanks your help. We couldn't find his Sep 2013 decision letter. Please find the answers below from his Jul 2016 decision letter...

What is the basis of your application when you were initially granted leave to remain and what was the validity of your visa?
"We are satisfied from the information you have provided that you meet the relevant eligibility and suitability requirements and you have genuine and subsisting relationship with the partner and there insurmountable obstacle to family life continuing outside the United Kingdom."

is that 30 months leave? Yes 30 months
"We have endorsed your BRP with limited leave to remain in the United Kingdom for 30 months"

Is your visa granted on 10 year route or 5 year route?? Its 10 years
"In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a continuous period of at least 120 months in the United Kingdom with limited leave to remain granted because of your family life."

Please let me know if you need more information.

justicefirst
Newly Registered

Post by justicefirst » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 pm

If you were granted limited leave to remain on 10 year route to settlement then i do not think you need to meet the financial requirements of £18600 but i might be wrong and therefore let me go through a Appendix Fm guidance so i can provide you most accurate information for your case.

I would like to help you as i am experienced in this area. May i first know if you have any child involved?

Was there any financial requirements when you was first granted leave to remain?? Did you show £18600 the first time?

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi justicefirst, sorry for the late response. Please find your answers below...

May i first know if you have any child involved?
I didn't understand your question. He does look after my young brother who has learning disability. Something we mentioned in his last application.

Was there any financial requirements when you was first granted leave to remain?? Did you show £18600 the first time?
No, we have never shown any financial requirements in the previous two applications.

Please advise. As the time passes it gets more worrying :(

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Anyone's help would be highly appreciated.

zagoo2000

Re: Discretionary Leave to Remain 2nd Renewal 10 year Family Route - Application Help

Post by zagoo2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:27 pm

I have been completing the FLR(FP). Now, I am also expected to provide the birth certification of the parents. We don't have the birth certificate. It's worrying.