ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

€300 Registration fee for temporary Stamp 4; Family member of EU citizen.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

petebig
Newly Registered

€300 Registration fee for temporary Stamp 4; Family member of EU citizen.

Post by petebig » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 am

Hello All,

Can you please confirm if a family member (child over 21 but dependent) of EU citizen, who has applied for residence card on form EU1, been granted temporary type 4 Stamp for 6 month application process period, would have to pay €300 for GNIB card (now called IRP apparently)?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: €300 Registration fee for temporary Stamp 4; Family member of EU citizen.

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:28 am

I don't think so. EU-spouses don't have to pay this fee. So I think it should be the case for other dependents as well, unless, someone might have a different opinion on this forum.

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:57 pm

petebig wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 am
Hello All,

Can you please confirm if a family member (child over 21 but dependent) of EU citizen, who has applied for residence card on form EU1, been granted temporary type 4 Stamp for 6 month application process period, would have to pay €300 for GNIB card (now called IRP apparently)?
Hi petebig,

Your application is under EU treaty rights - so there is No Charged.

Regards

Grace

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Yes, it happened to me too... :!: very annoying because i have had the GNIB cards twice already and didn't paid anything for them. I am over 21 and have applied for stamp 4 eu fam. I was granted and extension and was asked to get a new GNIB card. I went to the garda station the woman at the desk charged me 300 i told her that i don't pay for my GNIB CARD as I'm a dependent of an EU citizen the logic she gave me was they have changed the rules from September that you have to pay for a card unless your letter from DOJ states otherwise. :?

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

petebig wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 am
Hello All,

Same problem.... I think we need a bit more reasonable resolution to this problem as I think it was directed by the EU Commission that member countries are supposed to provide family members of EU citizens free visa. And this seems to contradict the law.
Can someone suggest any where we can lodge a complaint or enquire about this? Please.

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Post by IrishBeach » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 am

Does anyone have any further updates on this? Are these just isolated instances or are the spouses/family members of Eu members now required to pay this fee?

Thanks.

sadmanonatrain

Post by sadmanonatrain » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Bump.

Can anyone confirm this? Does a Non-EU spouse of an EU/UK citizen exercising their rights in the ROI need to pay that 300 euro registration fee to get their Stamp 4 EU FAM?

I'd like to be armed with laws and facts if the idiots at Burgh Quays incorrectly demand a payment.

sadmanonatrain

Post by sadmanonatrain » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:49 pm

"There is a fee of €300 for the certificate of registration, but you do not have to pay a fee if you are:

A Programme refugee
A Convention refugee
A person who has been reunified with such a refugee under Section 18 of the Refugee Act 1996
Under the age of 18 at the time of registration
The spouse, civil partner, widow, widower or surviving civil partner of an Irish citizen
A family member of an EU national and you qualify for a residence card under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015"

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html

I'd appreciate it a lot of someone could help me find where in the regulations it states that: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2015 ... e/en/print

sadmanonatrain

Post by sadmanonatrain » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Another annoying contraction in the wording of both INIS and Citizens Advice is that as an EU/UK citizen exercising their rights under Free Movement Laws, I don't need a "Residence Permit". There's no such thing right.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm

I went to Dublin office in nov to request the extension of my wife’s visa as it was expiring in Dec while Permanent Residence application was under process. I didn’t have any letter from DoJ and they did not charge any fees. My wife has since got her permanent residency approved and we have appointment in Feb to get the stamp for 10 years. I am not going to pay any fees then. Atleast I have the approval letter from eutr this time
I guess you have the receipt. You can appeal by complaining to eutr section and get refunded

sadmanonatrain

Post by sadmanonatrain » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:37 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm
I went to Dublin office in nov to request the extension of my wife’s visa as it was expiring in Dec while Permanent Residence application was under process. I didn’t have any letter from DoJ and they did not charge any fees. My wife has since got her permanent residency approved and we have appointment in Feb to get the stamp for 10 years. I am not going to pay any fees then. Atleast I have the approval letter from eutr this time
I guess you have the receipt. You can appeal by complaining to eutr section and get refunded
That's good/recent information to know - thanks. Our letter from the EUTR itself, which endorses to go and get the Stamp 4 with an already pre-determined exp. Date, does not mention such a fee and only lists:

- This letter
- Passport
- Passport of EU citizen
- Evidence of relationship to EU citizen

It would be a grave oversight not to mention it in the letter if it is required.

Issagenius
Ireland

Post by Issagenius » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm
Just out of curiosity, how long did her permanent application process take ? I just lodged in my application for permanent residency (5 years Visa) on Monday

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 pm

It took a few days over eight months.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Just received PR on 23 Dec,no payment required.

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Bippin wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm
Just received PR on 23 Dec,no payment required.
Please how long it takes you to get PR ?

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Around 8 -9 months.