ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Visa Rejected

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PrakashPanchadi
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement Visa Rejected

Post by PrakashPanchadi » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 pm

We have applied Visa for my Wife from India on 20 Jun 2018 and Home Office rejected the application on 05 Jan 2019 after waiting for 7 months sadly.

The reason provided for rejection is English language Qualification. My Wife has completed her MBA in English and we have provided a letter from college stating the course was taught in English.
The home office rejected the application saying that UKNaric letter was not included in the application.

Can we re-appeal with in 28 days with UK naric certificate now?

Casa

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa Rejected

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:10 am

An appeal can take anything up to 12 months to decide, or even longer. The refusal was correct as your wife was required to submit a NARIC ELA (Red Route) with her application. Documents submitted after the application won't be considered at an appeal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

PrakashPanchadi
Newly Registered

Post by PrakashPanchadi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 am

Can I re-apply for priority service? Or we have to apply only normal service?

RedCan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by RedCan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 am

PrakashPanchadi wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 am
How long does a Priority Visa (family migration / settlement) application take?

UKVI aims to make a decision on your Priority Visa (family migration / settlement) application, and contact you to let you know that your passport is ready to be collected within 30 working days from when you submit your biometric information.

However, every application is unique, and if your application is not straightforward, it may not be possible to meet this timescale. If this is the case, your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process, and UKVI will aim to process your application within global customer service standards. Your application may not be straightforward if you have:

• been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;

been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or
    been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
    overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
    had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
    been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
    been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
    you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
    you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
    you have committed a criminal offence in any country.

If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Priority Visa service, as UKVI may be unable to process your application within the faster timescale

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 am

PrakashPanchadi wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 am
I would suggest priority service, it puts your application in front of the queue. It usually takes at least 4 weeks to scan documents and ready for ECO but takes less than 2 weeks in priority service. Make sure you use up to date documents, not the one you already sent. Write a cover letter explaining your previous rejection. Good luck.