ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from Department of justice asking reason why not to revoke EUFAM4 visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mohammed191
Newly Registered
Ireland

letter from Department of justice asking reason why not to revoke EUFAM4 visa

Post by Mohammed191 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:58 am

Hi Team

I have been residing in Ireland since 2005 on student visa till 2013.In 2014 Feb I married to a Portugal girl and received 5 years eufam stamp 4.My wife went to Portugal for helping her mother as she was sick.
during my recent trip to home non EU country. when i come back to Ireland i was very sick and cannot be able to talk properly with immigration officers. they asked me where is your wife i told them she went to Portugal and looking after her sick mother since July 2016.
They had send me a letter stating give the reason why not to revoke eufam 4 visa.
Please i need advise in this matter urgently as they have given only 15 days to reply.
i tried to spoke with my wife at first she was willing to come here but afraid again in case she has to face Immigration interview and refusing to come here.
From when the counting of 5 years begins. is it from the day you married or the day you receive 5 years stamp.As of now if i count my Marriage from the day its more than three years.
what can i do in this terrible situation to retain my EUFAM 4 stamp or other option available to me according to Eu-treaty rights.
i am working full-time and supporting my wife as well cannot move to Portugal either.

Thanking you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: letter from Department of justice asking reason why not to revoke EUFAM4 visa

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:38 am

I'm afraid your rights derive from the EU citizens, so if she's not living in Ireland, neither can you.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: letter from Department of justice asking reason why not to revoke EUFAM4 visa

Post by jul1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 pm

If u already told immigration that she went back in 2016 July, you are doomed. From 2014 February, u have to live TOGETHER for 3 years, so until feb 2017, than u have to start the divorce process here, than she can move out of Ireland. if any of those steps are not matching u can't retain ur rights.

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Reading the response from immigration I think they are suspecting your marriage to be a sham marriage done unlawfully to gain working and resident rights in ireland.The case looks bleek

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 am

Continuity of residence is not broken for a temprorary absence up to 6 month per year or one time 12 month for important reasons.
If the absence is longer 12 month it looks not so good.
The wife should come to Ireland immediately.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:46 am

if your marriage to your wife is legit then why is she afraid to face immigration officers?

Saad89
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Saad89 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi moh...can you please tell the update if you sort out your issue.thanks