ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh back to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gprit

Surinder Singh back to UK

Post by gprit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

My (Thai) wife obtained a UK Visa (when in Thailand - Leave to Remain) in 2014 , but we subsequently decided to live in France in 2015 and did not renew. We have now decided that we wish to return to the UK to live permanently (although I do not have a property there - we will purchase a house outright 'when' we sell our French house).
ime
Anyway - since 2015 my primary/permanent residence has been in France (acknowledge by HMRC at the time), we pay taxes in France, are part of the social system (Car Vitale), my wife has a French Resident card - all since 2015, and our second son was born in France.

I am retired and receive UK state and private pension so am self-sufficient. Can provide all the documentation they wish.....

Does anyone have any actual experience of the Surinder Singh route to the uk?
I have read in places the application is free....in others that there is a fee? i
Is the application form a horrendous number of pages?

Any advice on my situation?

thanks

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Surinder Singh back to UK

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi.

I am a non eu wife (Filipina) of a British citizen who is now living here in UK for almost 5 years. I met my husband in Cyprus, I lived there for a long time (woth my parents and sister) and so he does (he went to school and worked in there). We met and lived for about 2 years together then got married in May 2014. He was sent by his company to work in UK so we decided to move here using Surinder Singh route.

From the application to recieving my family permit, it took about 3-4 weeks, no fee to pay.

gprit

Post by gprit » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:56 am

Thanks for that information - was the form 100+ pages? Did you have to attend any interviews?
Also a thought crossed my mind - when submitting documentation, eg copies of everything (presumably uploaded?) or any of them) need to be certified as true copies?

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm

gprit wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:56 am
Thanks for that information - was the form 100+ pages? Did you have to attend any interviews?
Also a thought crossed my mind - when submitting documentation, eg copies of everything (presumably uploaded?) or any of them) need to be certified as true copies?
Hello.

It was a lot of pages as fas as I can remember (not sure how many pages exactly), was a while back sorry hut you dont need to fill everything, only things that applies to your situation (SS route).

I did not attend any interviews. Regarding the documents, I submitted all the originals and photocopies, as far as I can remember, it doesn’t need to be certified true copies.

gprit

Post by gprit » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Ouch - you had to send ORIGINALS??? including original passports????

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:23 pm

gprit wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm
Ouch - you had to send ORIGINALS??? including original passports????
Yes I did sent my passport and my husband’s passport. They sent my husband’s passport and all the original papers later on and kept mine and all the photo copies. When I received my residence permit, they gave my passports back with RP in it and all the copies.

I’m not sure if that’s what you need to do now. xx

gprit

Post by gprit » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks for the information _ I am now in the process of completing the application with my wife.
Can anyone clarify the meaning of this request for evidence:
"If your sponsor is exercising treaty rights, provide proof of comprehensive sickness"

What does this actually mean>> I (sponsor) am UK National residing in France, and am part of the French Healthcare system, and I have a top-up insurance in France. So.....am I exercising treaty rights? ...or does this refer to a Sponsor who is a National of another EEA country living in the uk???

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 pm

gprit wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Thanks for the information _ I am now in the process of completing the application with my wife.
Can anyone clarify the meaning of this request for evidence:
"If your sponsor is exercising treaty rights, provide proof of comprehensive sickness"

What does this actually mean>> I (sponsor) am UK National residing in France, and am part of the French Healthcare system, and I have a top-up insurance in France. So.....am I exercising treaty rights? ...or does this refer to a Sponsor who is a National of another EEA country living in the uk???
Any update about your case? Have u got approved?

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Sun May 19, 2019 3:43 pm

I applied this myself back to 2008 it much easier and quicker than now,all the documents that they requireed in guidance ,just send then all and extra would be help as I was told by officer in Bordeaux,and yes Sponsor is mean you just send your carte vitale,tax d'habition ,foncier, and letters of your benefit, just send them all even they not asking ,will make your wife case much much quicker and.easier ,about the property you don't need to have property in your name at the time you apply as we didn't have any property in UK either when I applied but we purchased one later on ,but you will need a suitable accommodation for whole family .

Ps send all documents that show and proof your treaty under EU in France ,the same one that you sent to Prefecture then your wife will be fine

gprit

Post by gprit » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm

A hypothetical question, assuming that post Brexit things will not be too much different.
I am British, we have two sons who are British, my wife is Thai with a Carte de Sejour and we all are classed as resident in France for several years.

IF I got run over by a bus and died.......would my wife have any way of obtaining permission to enter and reside in the UK, with our children?