ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mgr92
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

References question

Post by mgr92 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello,
I have chosen my references, one is a medic and the other a university lecturer. I would like to give them as much information about their responsibilities and role in my application. Is there by any chance a “referee info sheet” that explains what is expected of the referees? The application guidance pack has a very short section on references which I don’t find sufficient. I am also not sure about most of the details, are referees contacted via email or phone to confirm their endorsement and are they expected to give any additional information about me?
Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: References question

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 pm

You can print off the relevant sections from the paper version:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
Anyone acting as a referee should be happy with that - they don't need to see other parts of the application.
Referees may be contacted but it seems to be rare - don't remember any postings about it over the last two years.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mgr92
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

previous address outside of UK

Post by mgr92 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Hello,
I fulfil the residency requirements (haven't been outside of the UK for more than the allowed time) but for some time (about two months) I was based at an address in a different (EU) country - and I account for this time period when calculating my residency dates. However, are we allowed to give non-UK addresses as a previous address in the application or is it going to be viewed negatively?
Thank you!

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: previous address outside of UK

Post by johnhkg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:53 am

During you overseas stay did you maintain your UK residence? If yes, then I suggest it is not necessary to provide the overseas address of where you stayed. If no, then give details. It will not affect your application in my opinion.

mgr92
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Online: amending application after references

Post by mgr92 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:30 pm

Hello,
I am plannig to apply online. I know that once a certain part of the application is completed the references templates can be downloaded. I was wondering if once thess are generated and downloaded I will be able to amend previous parts of the application? I am asking as I am still unsure of some of my leaving and arriving back dates during travel and am waiting for banks statements which can give me more accurate idea and I might need to change some details.
Thank you

mtsgill
Mood:

Re: Online: amending application after references

Post by mtsgill » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 am

Hello,

You should only pay & submit once everything is correctly completed in the online form. Once submitted, you will NOT be able to amend the form but only download referee declaration forms, completed application form and document checklist. Therefore, it’s important to complete everything prior to making payment and submitting your application.

mgr92
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Passport application

Post by mgr92 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello,
I am a bit confused about the difference between naturalisation application and passport application. I assume I won’t receive a passport straightaway after being naturalised? On googling I saw that in different areas there are schemes to apply for passport together with the naturalisation application but I can’t find such informationabout the place where I live (Cambridge). Is there a more “national” level passport application I can use and do I just send it together with the documents for my citizenship application?
Thank you!

vinny

Re: Passport application

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Passport application

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:40 am

Nationalisation and passport applications are normally separate applications. However, previously, a joint citizenship and passport scheme via the Nationality Checking Service was available..

Unfortunately, they have withdrawn these services.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hioru

Re: Online: amending application after references

Post by Hioru » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:37 pm

mgr92 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:30 pm
Hello,
I am plannig to apply online. I know that once a certain part of the application is completed the references templates can be downloaded. I was wondering if once thess are generated and downloaded I will be able to amend previous parts of the application? I am asking as I am still unsure of some of my leaving and arriving back dates during travel and am waiting for banks statements which can give me more accurate idea and I might need to change some details.
Thank you
You are given the referee print outs after you fill in the application and before the payment.

If I remember correctly, I was able to go back and change my application as long as I did not click the Pay button at the end.

Funny enough, once you are on the page where they give you the referee print outs, it's hard to find that page again!
I believe when it was the final page and I clicked the "back" button on the page (not the browser) it moved me to that page again. Otherwise, if you go to the first page and just click next it will skip pages you've already completed.