ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Palestinian Travel Document need visa for Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EssZee9999
Newly Registered

Palestinian Travel Document need visa for Australia

Post by EssZee9999 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I sponsored my husband (he was from Lebanon and I am Australian with a UK citizenship) to come to the UK just over a year ago. At the time I was going to Australia for a visit and applied at last minute for a tourist visa but it was rejected (they said no proof he would leave the country!!! - even though he had just paid approx. 5k for a UK visa)...

I want to travel again to Australia and once again try to get him a visa. He is now working in the UK, has bills here, has a rental lease with me, he also has a son in Lebanon (not that it has anything to do with anything) - but clearly he isn't staying in Australia as we are staying in the UK.

He travels on a Palestinian Refugee travel document issued by Lebanon. He has never been to Palestine - it is that his grandfather was Palestinian so it is passed down.

Can anyone provide any advise on what Visa to apply for any any hints? In the future we will plan to move to Australia (after he gets his ILR in the UK) but for the moment this is just a tourist visa.

Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Palestinian Travel Document need visa for Australia

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:12 am

Unable to advise on the Australian aspect of the issue, but I would suggest that he not move to Australia until he gets British citizenship (which he can immediately after getting ILR as he is married to a British citizen). That is because ILR lapses after an absence of more than two years from the UK, while British citizenship is (at least currently) for life.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

EssZee9999
Newly Registered

Re: Palestinian Travel Document need visa for Australia

Post by EssZee9999 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Thank you for that.