ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport to be received leadtime

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Passport to be received leadtime

Post by lucky16k » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:02 pm

So I've applied for a the passport at the NDRS application and the Home Office took the passport payment as well.

On the 22nd November I've received the letter for approval for the British Citizenship and booked the ceremony for 11th January, 2019.

1) What is the general leadtime to receive the passport?

2) Does the wait start after the home office approval letter or after the ceremony day?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport to be received leadtime

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:22 pm

1. Usually 1 to 2 weeks.

2. Ceremony day as you are only British at that point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by lucky16k » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

British citizenship ceremony done and I'm successfully a British citizen (by anturalisation) finally!

Do I have to contact the Passport Office about this and ask about my passport application done within the NDRS application?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:35 am

The council will inform HO that your ceremony is complete and this will trigger the passport etc. Nothing you need to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.