ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa Applied under directive 2004/38/ever

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fiona1206
Newly Registered
Egypt

Family visa Applied under directive 2004/38/ever

Post by Fiona1206 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi we applied for the free movement visa at the German embassy in Cairo. I’m British Eu my husband is non Eu Egyptian when we collected his passport they have given us a tourist visa C type for only 22 days. Is there anyway we can change this to the free movement to allow us to reside in Germany once we arrive in Germany. The embassy have been very clever and stated should we change the reason of our visit they will block my husbands passport. I intend to go for a few interviews while we are there and start my residency. Does anyone know a way we can make a C visa work once we are there?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Family visa Applied under directive 2004/38/ever

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:40 am

You only need a visa to enter and sounds like you got it.
You can enter Germany and start living.
Fiona1206 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm
Hi we applied for the free movement visa at the German embassy in Cairo. I’m British Eu my husband is non Eu Egyptian when we collected his passport they have given us a tourist visa C type for only 22 days. Is there anyway we can change this to the free movement to allow us to reside in Germany once we arrive in Germany. The embassy have been very clever and stated should we change the reason of our visit they will block my husbands passport. I intend to go for a few interviews while we are there and start my residency. Does anyone know a way we can make a C visa work once we are there?

Fiona1206
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Fiona1206 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Ok yes we can enter but he only got 22 days how does this become the 90 days of the directive ? To allow us time to register for residency? Anyone done this or had this experience? We are worried if we are stopped he will be classed illegal

solamente
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by solamente » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi Fiona1206, what did you do in the end? Did you apply apply for residency?

FSK
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FSK » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi,

I am reading your posts to get help. My husband is British citizen and currently living in the UK while I am a Pakistani national. I want to apply for family member of an EU citizen for Denmark and my husband will travel with me. Is it necessary for my husband to get a job in Denmark first and then apply for my visa. We are planning to live in Denmark. Please guide me in this regard. I am confused. What is the exact meaning of the quoted sentence? The applicant is a family member to an EU/EEA-national or Swiss national ''exercising or planning to exercise his/her right to free movement in Denmark''.

Please guide me. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:33 pm

FSK wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 pm
Hi,

I am reading your posts to get help. My husband is British citizen and currently living in the UK while I am a Pakistani national. I want to apply for family member of an EU citizen for Denmark and my husband will travel with me. Is it necessary for my husband to get a job in Denmark first and then apply for my visa. We are planning to live in Denmark. Please guide me in this regard. I am confused. What is the exact meaning of the quoted sentence? The applicant is a family member to an EU/EEA-national or Swiss national ''exercising or planning to exercise his/her right to free movement in Denmark''.

Please guide me. Thanks in advance
Not Ireland???

ireland/irish-citizen-to-use-eea-route- ... l#p1727945

Is your ultimate plan to use the EU route back door back into the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FSK
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FSK » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 pm

If we will get settled in any EU country then probably not. But if the case is back to UK, then what will you suggest? Because brexit is arriving.

please suggest what step should I take to move forward.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:55 am

Your husband doesn't need a job in advance.
But if he had a job offer + temporary accommodation, it would make things a lot more straightforward.
FSK wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 pm
If we will get settled in any EU country then probably not. But if the case is back to UK, then what will you suggest? Because brexit is arriving.

please suggest what step should I take to move forward.