ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport fee deduction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Passport fee deduction

Post by Alex-makedon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello everybody! As I see from most of the post, after submission naturalisation application NDRS+JCPS fee for passport application deducted within 3-4 weeks.
We submitted our application 26 of November and passport fee still not deducted.
Any idea regarding that matter?

waqas734
Pakistan

Re: Passport fee deduction

Post by waqas734 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Alex-makedon wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:07 pm
Hello everybody! As I see from most of the post, after submission naturalisation application NDRS+JCPS fee for passport application deducted within 3-4 weeks.
We submitted our application 26 of November and passport fee still not deducted.
Any idea regarding that matter?
I have the exact same question i applied online+NDRS on 27th of november but passport fee have not been taken yet , i didnt get the tracking number from my council lady so i even thought if they sent the copy of documents to liverpool or not

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Alex-makedon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

So, we are not alone )
I hope that it was festive period. Will see if anyone have the same experience

WhoAreYou
BANNED

Post by WhoAreYou » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:52 pm

I had my NDRS/JCAP appointment on the 26th November and had my passport fee deducted on the 20th December.

I am expecting the approval letter by the end of this week.

They only deduct passport fee if application is successful..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 pm

WhoAreYou wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:52 pm
I had my NDRS/JCAP appointment on the 26th November and had my passport fee deducted on the 20th December.

No they don't, it is deducted for all who apply using JCAP. Deduction of passport fee is no indication of approval. Members have posted being refused citizenship even with JCAP and passport fee being deducted!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WhoAreYou
BANNED

Post by WhoAreYou » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 pm
WhoAreYou wrote:

No they don't, it is deducted for all who apply using JCAP. Deduction of passport fee is no indication of approval. Members have posted being refused citizenship even with JCAP and passport fee being deducted!!
That's your opinion. I am looking at my JCAP receipt right now and it clearly says

"Fee accepted to be forwarded to HMPO on successful completion of your citizenship application.
It will be kept by HMPO until your application for citizenship has been processed. If your application for citizenship is unsuccessful HMPO will not continue with the passport application."

Also "Following a successful citizenship application your passport application and payment will be sent to HMPO. Payment will be processed within 5 to 14 days of receipt."

So basically only after a citizenship application is successful they will deduct the fee. Your opinion is wrong.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm

So basically only after a citizenship application is successful they will deduct the fee. Your opinion is wrong.
You are assumin the NCS receipt is correct - those receipts are made up by the councils. There have been many cases where both AN and PP fees have been deducted in quick succession and applicants still waited three or more months for AN decision (assuming they had been approved).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:30 pm

I applied on 22th of Nov online. Visited NDRS+JCAP on 29th of Nov. HO received docs on 4th of Dec. Still no passport fee deduction.

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm

WhoAreYou wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:43 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 pm
WhoAreYou wrote:

That's your opinion. I am looking at my JCAP receipt right now and it clearly says

"Fee accepted to be forwarded to HMPO on successful completion of your citizenship application.
It will be kept by HMPO until your application for citizenship has been processed. If your application for citizenship is unsuccessful HMPO will not continue with the passport application."

Also "Following a successful citizenship application your passport application and payment will be sent to HMPO. Payment will be processed within 5 to 14 days of receipt."

I believe you have just confirmed their point.
You can have a successful citizenship application and get a rejection letter. The application is successful, the outcome is not.

You have successfully paid for it, successfully provided them with your biometrics and successfully sent your evidence. If it's unsuccessful (not paid for or you didn't provide biometrics or not supplied evidence), your application is not not going to be processed.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:54 am

Finally my passport fee got deducted today on 11 jan , my application was submitted on 28 november , hopefully final outcome will arrive soon too .

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:20 am

@Alex-makedon was passport fee taken for you? and when HO received your docs?

@ waqas734, also when HO received your docs?

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Passport office just called. Apparently, I provided information with my american express card which isn't accepted by passport office. I asked question why fee deducted before decision and guy on the line said it's admin fee they take regardless decision result as they process passport application. Deduction doesn't really mean decision has been made and it's positive. These are 2 independent processes.

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Alex-makedon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm

No, passport fee still not deducted. Good sign that your fee taken. It’s mean that your case on the table. Good luck

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Indeed, at least now I know they do something :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:55 pm

romado wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Passport office just called. Apparently, I provided information with my american express card which isn't accepted by passport office. I asked question why fee deducted before decision and guy on the line said it's admin fee they take regardless decision result as they process passport application. Deduction doesn't really mean decision has been made and it's positive. These are 2 independent processes.
We have been giving this advice on the the forum many times.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Alex-makedon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Yesterday we had phone call from passport office that they cannot deduct money from bank card and asked to provide payment from different card. Today they take money from previous card again. So they took passport fee twice. Should I call them on that matter?

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Alex-makedon wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Yesterday we had phone call from passport office that they cannot deduct money from bank card and asked to provide payment from different card. Today they take money from previous card again. So they took passport fee twice. Should I call them on that matter?
Definitely! Phone: 0300 222 0000