ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - confused re BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maytree70
Newly Registered

Help - confused re BRP

Post by Maytree70 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm

I have found some very useful information on this site but I remain confused. I am hoping someone will be able to help.

I received a Permanent Residence Card sticker in my passport in 2013 which expires in 2023 (Married to German citizen) however my passport (South African) has since expired - do I need to apply for a BRP card before I apply for citizenship? I know from this site that you can still apply with an expired passport but I am just confused with the whole BRP - is my sticker and the BRP one and the same? I can't remember if when I applied for the permanent res. card if I gave biometric details?

I have considered going to an immigration lawyer but they are quoting astronomical prices - so if anyone knows a firm in the Peterborough area and their fees are fair and reasonable that would also be helpful.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help - confused re BRP

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm

No you don't need a biometric residence card to apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.