ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension date range

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mi_kon

Visa extension date range

Post by mi_kon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Good evening,

I know there are many topics about tier 2 visa extension, but I really need some help to understand how the dates rules work...

I have tier 2 visa which expires at the end of May this year. My employer and I agreed to renew it sooner than later, so they are drafting a new COS with the start date 1 day after my current visa expiry date.

1. From multiple websites, but nowhere on the gov.uk website, I saw that the minimum I can apply is 3 months in advance. Does this mean I have to wait till the end of February to apply even if I have the CoS?

2. Will my current BRP remain valid and will I receive it back with the application decision (I assume I'd have to submit it to HO as a part of the application)? Or what would be the start date on the new visa?

3. I have two passports, both valid (in my country it's allowed to have 2 passports). One is expiring next year (I used it for the original tier 2 application) and a new one. Which one should I submit to HO? Or should I send both?

4. If I should only submit one passport, can I use the other one for travelling (in case if I can keep my current BRP?) Am I allowed to travel whilst awaiting the decision?

5. If I'm not allowed to travel while waiting, what is the point of this question on the CoS - "Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?:"

Thank you!!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Visa extension date range

Post by UKLL » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:55 pm

mi_kon wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Good evening,

I know there are many topics about tier 2 visa extension, but I really need some help to understand how the dates rules work...

I have tier 2 visa which expires at the end of May this year. My employer and I agreed to renew it sooner than later, so they are drafting a new COS with the start date 1 day after my current visa expiry date.

1. From multiple websites, but nowhere on the gov.uk website, I saw that the minimum I can apply is 3 months in advance. Does this mean I have to wait till the end of February to apply even if I have the CoS?

from 1st March 2019

2. Will my current BRP remain valid and will I receive it back with the application decision (I assume I'd have to submit it to HO as a part of the application)? Or what would be the start date on the new visa?

Once your new application is approved, you will have a new BRP and your current BRP will be destroyed. The start date on the new visa will be the date it is approved.

3. I have two passports, both valid (in my country it's allowed to have 2 passports). One is expiring next year (I used it for the original tier 2 application) and a new one. Which one should I submit to HO? Or should I send both?

I would suggest to submit both

4. If I should only submit one passport, can I use the other one for travelling (in case if I can keep my current BRP?) Am I allowed to travel whilst awaiting the decision?
I don't know

5. If I'm not allowed to travel while waiting, what is the point of this question on the CoS - "Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?:"
Not every category of visa is OK to apply from inside the UK

Thank you!!