ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Translation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elizabeth_V
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Document Translation

Post by Elizabeth_V » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 am

Hi,
I'm about to apply for a residence card. My husband is Hungarian and I'm South American. For this I should submit, among other documents, my husband's divorce certificate from his previous marriage. The issue is that this certificate is written in both Hungarian and English except for one single line that states the annulment of marriage. My husband suggests translating it himself on a separate sheet, but the Home Office mentions in the form that it should be done by a certified translator. So should we hire a translator for just one line? The most important line in the document though. We'll very much appreciate your kind guidance on this. Thank you.
Regards,
Elizabeth