ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrashid10249
Mood:

British Citizenship Application after ILR

Post by mrashid10249 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Dear All

My Wife will be eligible to apply ILR in April 2019 after living 5 years on a spouse visa in UK. At the time of her first Spouse visa application, I was on ILR and had naturalised afterwords. Our marriage is registered outside UK but was accepted and recognised at the time of her first spouse visa application. My question is, if her ILR application shall be sucessful, can she apply for Naturalisation simply upon receiving BRP or she will have to wait for 1 year to be eligible to apply for Naturalisation application please?

warm regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Application after ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:10 pm

can she apply for Naturalisation simply upon receiving BRP
Yes, if she meets the 3 year residence requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrashid10249
Mood:

Post by mrashid10249 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Dear CR001

Thank you very much for prompt reply. Yes she meets all other requirements for naturalisation. She will still be ok even if our marriage is not registered in UK please? as I had read somewhere in this forum a few moths ago that 3 years rule applies only if the marriage certificate is registered with GRO in UK? in our case it is not?

warm regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

She will still be ok even if our marriage is not registered in UK please?

There is NO requirement to register a foreign marriage in the UK.
as I had read somewhere in this forum a few moths ago that 3 years rule applies only if the marriage certificate is registered with GRO in UK?
Nonsense, provide the link where you read that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.