ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visit visa from USA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

altfhn
Bangladesh

UK visit visa from USA

Post by altfhn » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Hello Everybody

I would like to request to share your knowledge or experience about my matters would be much appreciated.

My mother is a Bangladeshi passport holder and having 5 yrs Multiple US visit visa. She is currently in USA and intending to visit UK.

Can she apply for UK visit visa from USA?

I would appreciate very much if any one can help me to clarify the confusion.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Regards
Altfhn

Casa

Re: UK visit visa from USA

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 pm

No. Your mother can only apply from her country of residence, not while she is on a visitor visa in another country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:58 am

altfhn wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 pm
My mother is a Bangladeshi passport holder and having 5 yrs Multiple US visit visa. She is currently in USA and intending to visit UK.

Yes!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:43 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:58 am
altfhn wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Yes!
Thanks Vinny...but I believed 'legal residence' referred to someone 'residing' in the country and not as a visitor. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.