ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizen and EEA Family Residence Card application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hotelsyriana
Newly Registered
Austria

Irish citizen and EEA Family Residence Card application

Post by hotelsyriana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 am

Hi,

If I am Irish Citizen, what if my non EEA family member entered UK and they apply for the UK residence card for EU family member. Do I need to apply for the UK residence card same time as them or the Irish is exempted to apply for the EU residence card? Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Irish citizen and EEA Family Residence Card application

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 am

Irish citizens do not need to apply for a residence certificate. Their family members do need to apply for a residence card.

In order for the family member to reside in the UK, the Irish citizen still needs to exercise treaty rights in the UK just like any other EEA citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

hotelsyriana
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: Irish citizen and EEA Family Residence Card application

Post by hotelsyriana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 am
Irish citizens do not need to apply for a residence certificate. Their family members do need to apply for a residence card.

In order for the family member to reside in the UK, the Irish citizen still needs to exercise treaty rights in the UK just like any other EEA citizen.
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your reply. I am confuse. It doesnt say Irish is exempted from the Registration certificate form but it does say Irish is exempted from registration in the gov.uk website. ok, you said family member of the Irish Citizen. Does it include Non EEA FM and Non EEA EFA within UK without any EEA family permit or EEA extended family permit prior entering UK??