ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 english test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

B1 english test

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 am

Hi everyone.
Pls help me

I passed Trinity College London Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for life(Speaking & Listening) (Entry 3) in July 2014

I would like to ask you Is that alright to apply for British Citizenship in next year 2020? ESOL Entry 3 = B1 level qualification? Is it still valid or I have to take a test again?

I am looking forward to your answer. It is very helpful for me to apply for British Citizenship in next year 2020.

Thank you so much for taking your time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: B1 english test

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am

What is your UK immigration history??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am

Currently I just applied for a permanent residence card. My case is I’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as an EEA national qualified person, the family member or extended family member of a qualified person, or a combination of these.
I am still waiting for it when I got it I have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation.
That why next year I'd like apply for British Citizenship but they require must have B1 and life in the Uk.
I 'd like to ask you
I passed Trinity College London Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for life(Speaking & Listening) (Entry 3) in July 2014. ESOL Entry 3 = B1 level qualification? Is it still valid or I have to take a test again?

Thank you so much for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am

Then no, your ESOL will not be accepted. ESOL was removed from HO's list in November 2015.

You will need to do another test, B1 IELTS SELT.

This is obviously in addition to the Life in the UK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:57 am

Thank you for your replying.
I find out on website gov.uk they said that Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

I'm a little confused.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.
This applies ONLY to those who used an English test for ILR under the UK immigration rules. You have not applied for PR under the UK immigration rules and were not required to meet the English requirement for EEA route PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:50 pm

May I ask you ILR = Permanent Residence card ??
I am on the way to do PR. HO just sent me to email they have been received and is being considered. It may take up to six months to make a decision on my case. That why when I get PR i will apply for British Citizenship next year.
So i have to take a test again??
Thank you so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:52 pm

ILR and PR are both settled status but are under different rules.

If you apply for PR under eea route and rules, you don't need English test for PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 pm

I knew about it i don't need have English test for PR. The question I would like to ask you is
when I've had permanent residence status for the last 12 months. I will apply for British Citizenship. It requires for English test and life in the UK.
But i am little confused
I passed Trinity College London Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for life(Speaking & Listening) (Entry 3) in July 2014. ESOL Entry 3 = B1 level qualification? Is it still valid or I have to take a test again?
Because as I know that
I can only use English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications if they’re on the list.
If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship

I want to make sure one more time I passed ESOL Entry 3 in 2014. I thought my qualifications still valid beacause they said " It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test"
Is that correct what i thought??
Thank you so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes you need B1 English test for citizenship.

You cannot use your old esol test. Esol tests were removed from the HO approved list in 2015.

You have to do a new test which is on HO current list of approved tests and test providers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Could you please explain for me why they said that "It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test"
That why I thought my test is ok.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 pm

You are missing the point and misreading the information.

You can ONLY use an old test and expired test IF it has been used in a previous UK immigration application and it was accepted and used to settle in the UK, ie an application for indefinite leave to remain under the UK immigration rules (not PR under EU rules).

You have NOT used your esol test for an application as you are on the EU eea route rules and not the UK immigration path rules.

So because you have not used it or needed to, you cannot use it for citizenship. You need to do a new test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 pm
You are missing the point and misreading the information.

You can ONLY use an old test and expired test IF it has been used in a previous UK immigration application and it was accepted and used to settle in the UK, ie an application for indefinite leave to remain under the UK immigration rules (not PR under EU rules).

You have NOT used your esol test for an application as you are on the EU eea route rules and not the UK immigration path rules.

So because you have not used it or needed to, you cannot use it for citizenship. You need to do a new test.
I admire the way you make explanations look so simple. Keep up the good work

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Anyway thank you so much for your help.
It means I have to take B1 English test again???
Can i take a test this year to apply for British Citizenship next year?? B1 English test = ESOL speaking and listening Entry 3??
Thank a lot for taking your time :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:59 pm

It means I have to take B1 English test again???
Yes.
Can i take a test this year to apply for British Citizenship next year?? B1 English test = ESOL speaking and listening Entry 3??
Yes you can do the test this year. You must not do esol. You need to do B1 IELTS SELT test from an HO approved test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am

Hello again thank you for your help
But i am s little bit confused again. Why i can't take a test ESOL?? gov.uk said that

"Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a recognised English test qualification from an approved test centre.

You need to have a certificate to prove you have the qualification, or be able to view your results online.

You can only use English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications if they’re on the list. You cannot use other qualifications, for example GCSEs, A levels or National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs)."

Please explain

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:31 am

B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5. Is it correct??
Big thank

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 am

Tena wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:31 am
B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5. Is it correct??
Big thank
Again, re your previous post, ESOL is no longer on the list.

B1 SELT GESE is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am

Hello again
I have another question I'd like to ask you.
My daughter was born in England in 2015 at that time we couldn't apply for British Passport because my husband just lived in UK for 3 years.
Currently he has been living in UK for 7 years now but he hasn't applied EEE(PR) yet, just only me applied EEA(PR).
The question is I can apply for get a British Passport for my child now or my husband must apply EEA(PR)first and then apply for get Brtish passport for her.
I'm sorry for bothering you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:09 am

A UK born child has an entitlement to register as British if they were born before you attained PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am

It means i can apply now for her from this form
Form MN1
Application for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen
Is that right??
Big Thank

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 am

Tena wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am
It means i can apply now for her from this form
Form MN1
Application for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen
Is that right??
Big Thank
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:09 pm

One more question please
I got 2 children. First one she was born in Poland she came to Uk 2013 and second one She was born in UK. Can i do for both of them Citizenships with MN1 form??
Thank you so much again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

The child born in Poland also need a a document Certifying PR and can apply for citizenship when you apply. Does the child's parent also have PR or applying for PR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tena
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Tena » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Currently Just only me apply for EEA(PR)
You mean is
My husband and my child who born in Poland have to apply PR and then apply for Citizenship with Form AN
Application for naturalisation as a British citizen???
And My child was born in Uk who can apply for MN1 form now??
Thank you very much for your information