ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused entry record due to lost BRP -- will this affect Tier 2 application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ellyria
Newly Registered

Refused entry record due to lost BRP -- will this affect Tier 2 application?

Post by ellyria » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the process of applying for a Tier 2 application, and they ask about my travel history. I have a recent refused entry record on my passport due to having lost my BRP in Paris, and border control in Gare du Nord did not let me in. I wasn't aware of the consequence at the time, and I did ask whether this would be on the immigration record, and the immigration officer said this would not adversely affect me, but he did not explain this in detail and seemed very flippant about this.

Now that I'm applying for Tier 2, I'm worried that the refused entry record would impact my application, and all future potential visa applications. I'm guessing I have to declare it from now on. How much details should I give when trying to explain this? Does this mean I have to append the police report, lost BRP confirmation etc every single time I apply for a visa? Just how serious is this?

Many thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.

srsw

Re: Refused entry record due to lost BRP -- will this affect Tier 2 application?

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Yes, makes senses to declare it every time so you are consistent from now onwards and not hiding any info.

As it was due to lost BRP, it shouldn't have any adverse affect as long as you provide the documentary evidence (police report, lost BRP confirmation etc) along with your next UK visa application ...and continue to mention the same reason in subsequent applications (with or without documentary evidence).

I know it's a pain, but keep all those documents safely (scan it and make soft copies as well as a backup) as you may have to continue to declare them even after getting ILR/UK citizenship when you travel to other countries!
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Refused entry record due to lost BRP -- will this affect Tier 2 application?

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:42 pm

No you are fine. My visa applications got refused twice before, and I am fine (touch wood). You do need to declare it every time you apply for a new visa from now on.