ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I-864 query in advance of London interview

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkibs
Newly Registered
Ireland

I-864 query in advance of London interview

Post by mkibs » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I've searched high and low across the interwebs for answers to this one but have failed to turn up any current or concrete answers so I'm hopeful that someone out there might be able to help.

In a nutshell, my US wife and I are in the midst of the IR1 visa process to relocate to the US this summer, I-130 has been filed & approved, my medical in London is scheduled for next week and I am hoping to pull the trigger in the next few days and book my embassy interview for early February.

We've been getting all our ducks in a row in advance of this point but are scratching our heads somewhat on the I-864 just now.

We have lived in UK for 4.5 years since marrying and my wife has worked here for that time. She maintains an address at her parents home in the US (has bank accounts / renewed drivers licence etc) and this is where we intend to reside initially when we move (with me so far?). While she is not currently employed in the US, we are meeting the income requirement from our US savings and have all the necessary documentation to show we meet the requirements.

Reading the form however, we are unsure how certain sections should be filled in and I'm starting to question the whole 'domicile' aspect of our situation. I'll be attending the interview alone as my wife has to look after our 4 month old, and as I'm flying from Belfast, I don't have the luxury of nipping home for an hour to get my paperwork amended and so we want to ensure everything is as it should be.

What I would specifically love to know if anyone can shed some light on this is:

- Should we put our current UK addresses for principal immigrant & sponsor mailing address / physical address etc, or our intended US address?

- Can my wife. the sponsor, put US as her country of domicile if she has been in the UK last 4.5 years?

- For sponsor's employment, she is employed in UK currently but not US and is not using UK employment income to meet threshold - should she put unemployed and leave the $ value blank? Does this section refer only to US employment?

Am I too concerned about the domicile aspect? I know we have gathered everything we need to, I just don't want to fall at the final hurdle due to incorrect paperwork.

Thanks so much in advance and if anyone can help I'd appreciate it greatly :)

Matt