ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of time application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Icytrixx111
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Out of time application

Post by Icytrixx111 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm in a very bad place. My visa expired on 24th December 2018 . Sent an online application for ilr on 3 January 2019. Within the 14 days grace period. However I'm yet to attend ukvcas appointment. The reason for late application being that I intended to sell my vehicle to fund my visa application. But mid sale on 28th November. Nearly 4 weeks before my visa expired, the vehicle was involved in a collision. Insurance took their time to payout. Ended up paying after nearly 5 weeks of delays. Applied straight away. What are your thoughts. Have they been lenient after the abolishment of the 28 day grace period. Has anybody on the forum been granted after a late submission

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Out of time application

Post by aman90 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:34 pm

Icytrixx111 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:08 pm
I'm in a very bad place. My visa expired on 24th December 2018 . Sent an online application for ilr on 3 January 2019. Within the 14 days grace period. However I'm yet to attend ukvcas appointment. The reason for late application being that I intended to sell my vehicle to fund my visa application. But mid sale on 28th November. Nearly 4 weeks before my visa expired, the vehicle was involved in a collision. Insurance took their time to payout. Ended up paying after nearly 5 weeks of delays. Applied straight away. What are your thoughts. Have they been lenient after the abolishment of the 28 day grace period. Has anybody on the forum been granted after a late submission
Sorry for the above! Were you in the vehicle when the collision took place? that could have been ur exceptional circumstances..hope it works out for you!

Icytrixx111
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Icytrixx111 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 am

Yes I was. But that was nearly a month before visa lapsed. The real reason was this unexpected delay in funds

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:38 am

Icytrixx111 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 am
Yes I was. But that was nearly a month before visa lapsed. The real reason was this unexpected delay in funds
It would not be considered 'exceptional circumstances' unfortunately.

If you don't get ILR, which might happen, you will be offered another 2.5 year visa, likely FLR(FP).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.