ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) 5 Year Route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AHammond
Newly Registered

FLR(M) 5 Year Route

Post by AHammond » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi All

My wife received her FLR(M) visa on the 28th December 2016, which expires on 28th June 2019. I have read that you cannot apply for the next 2.5 year visa until 28 days prior to this date.

1. Is this correct amount of time?
2. How long does it take to process application made online?
3. What happens if it takes longer than 28 days.

The online form mentions an English test, she took and passed IELTS A1, however she is from the Philippines and speaks fluent English, she has had a job as an accounts assistant in the UK for the past 2 years.

1. Does she need to take a further English test?
2. Will the test be IELTS A2 or higher?
3. Will she need to take a further test when applying for her ILR Visa?

All your help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) 5 Year Route

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Unclear from your post if she applied for FLR M with in the UK, switching from another visa or not. Could you clarify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AHammond
Newly Registered

Post by AHammond » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 pm

She came here originally on a Fiance Visa and we married and applied for the FLR(M)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:00 pm

She can apply for her extension within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence.

As long as she applies while her current visa is valid, her existing visa conditions continue while HO processes her extension application even if her current visa expires. How long it takes dependa on the service you use to apply, ie post or super priority etc. Note also that IHS has doubled and will be £1000 plus the visa fee plus whatever cost for your choice of service. Postal has no extra cost.

She need English A2 for an extension and will need B1 for ILR so probably best to do B1 now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AHammond
Newly Registered

Post by AHammond » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt answers to my questions.

Just to clarify "Residence" started when she received her FLR(M) Visa and not from the date of the Fiance Visa 10th September 2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Correct, from the date her flr m visa is valid from.

Fiance visas don't count for residence for ILR based of 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AHammond
Newly Registered

Post by AHammond » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Thank you again for your prompt answer and clarification.

I have one other query which I would like help with, it relates to my wife, so I hope it is OK to post here, if not I will start another post.

My wife wishes for her retired parents to visit us in the UK from the Philipinnes, we have been through the process of getting visitor visa when my wife first came here for a holiday in 2016, so we have some limited experience.

I have the following questions.

1. Is it myself or my wife who invites them with a sponsorship letter?
2. Will it matter if we try to obtain visitor visas before my wife has her FLR (M) 2.5 year extension?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:04 pm

You should post the visitor visa questions in a new topic in the General Immigration sub forum, link below, otherwise it will create confusion with your FLR M queries.

general-uk-immigration-forum/
Char (CR001 not Casa)