ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asian food Chef on Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ZK
Newly Registered

Asian food Chef on Work Permit

Post by ZK » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:17 pm

Hi all,

I must say, this forum is doing a superb job. Excellent work in place.

I have recently extended my food takeaway business to catering services. I would appreciate the information on how to call some one from Pakistan (say as Asian food chef) who is already working as a cook in a three star hotel. Can I call him to join me on a Work Permit?

I have been able to dig out limited information ( from http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk.htm ) like chefs can only be called on 12 months work permit under Sector Based Scheme and not on 3 or 5 years WP, like professionals and management workers. Is it true?

What is Tier1 & Tier2?

Like HSMP guidelines, what is the weblink containing information related to work permit stuff?

Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Asian food Chef on Work Permit

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:25 pm

Like HSMP guidelines, what is the weblink containing information related to work permit stuff?

www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
Where there is a will there is a way.

ZK
Newly Registered

Post by ZK » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:09 pm

Thanks Chess,

I have gone through the link stated by you (and through all the nested links). Good information.

Will apprciate any comments from any one on rest of 3 question marks in my post.

Regards

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:47 pm

A proper review of the link Chess gave you would answer your Q's - seeing as to how the weekend is coming up and the sun is kind of shining I'll try save you some leg work :) .

1. You cannot call anyone from anywhere - you as the prospective employer need to apply for a work permit to 'Work Permits UK' on behlaf of the person you wish to employ.

2. Depending on the skill of the chef in relation to Work Permits UK standards you may apply for a WP under the hospitality scheme = 12 months if he is classed as having NVQ2 or less. Bad news is 10,000 quota here expired last month and its restricted to 18-30 yr olds. If the chef can be classed as NVQ3 skill level or above then you may go for the Business and Commercial (B&C) route = max 5 years WP.

3. If you have not made an application for a WP in the last 5 years you need to submit documentation showing your existence and viability including but not limited to: audited accounts, VAT registration, National Insurance Registration etc.
4. Tier 1 and Tier 2 refer to the two types of B&C applications. Tier 1 does not require evidence of recruiting in the resident labour pool. RLP = all EU/EEA nationals including British Citizens and those with ILR. Tier 2 applications require evidence of recruiting = advertising extensively in the EU/EEA region in the appropriate media usually for a minimum of a month. Tier 1 applications include board level posts, intra company transfers and shortage occupations such as nurses - sorry no chefs here.

Do I get a free Chicken Tikka Massala 8) .

ZK
Newly Registered

Post by ZK » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:21 pm

Thanks Kayalami for saving my weekend and congratulations on earning a free Chicken Tikka Masala. Few more answers and you are winner of Boneless Tandoori Chicken plus pizza of your choice… :P

1. Of course, as I expressed, I intend to call him on WP.

2. For skills evaluation against NVQ levels, do I need to take NARIC’s route by submitting his relevant diploma or the skills set narrated by his current employer can do any thing?

3. In case, his qualifications / skills are evaluated as equivalent or above NVQ3 skill level, would the size of my business (turn over, capital value etc.) have to do any thing to apply for longer WP. Financial and legal documentations are in place.

Thanks again to both of you - Chess & Kayalami.

Drinks are free with all meals..... :wink:

ZK
Newly Registered

Post by ZK » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:22 pm

Knock Knock...Kayalami,

Free meals & drinks waiting to be delivered....