ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETURNING TO THE UK NEED HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

michele_t37
Newly Registered
United States of America

(Standard Visitor Visa) HELP NEEDED!

Post by michele_t37 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 am

Hello!
My question is I've been traveling to the UK every 2 months.
I started in May stayed for a week then came back home to USA for 47 days.
Went back to England In July the 9th stayed there for 28 days.
I was back in the states for 75 days.
I went back to England in October 20 and stayed for 78 days.
When I arrived to England that time I had no issue but in January we went to barcelona for 3 days and when we came back to a small airport in England they gave me a hard time. They told me they might refuse my entry even though I was only staying for 2 days before I left.
Now I've been in the states since then and I'm planning to go back in March. I do not why they gave me a hard time when I am no where near close to being in the UK for half a year nor I'll be there for more time than I've been in the states. For my next visit in March would it be recommended to have a standard visitor visa? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: (Standard Visitor Visa) HELP NEEDED!

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 am

Who are you visiting or what is the purpose of your frequent successive visits??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

michele_t37
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: (Standard Visitor Visa) HELP NEEDED!

Post by michele_t37 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm

My boyfriend, he can’t come to the USA yet as to he is finishing his masters that’s why I’ve been doing all the traveling. I’ve been going to the UK without a visa because I didn’t believe I needed it till they gave me a hard time a notice this last time when coming back from Barcelona. I was thinking in only going less than a month in order not to risk it if I go without a visa. I have all the paperwork to prove I’m not trying to move or live in England. I have all my bills under my name I’m a student and making car payments monthly.

michele_t37
Newly Registered
United States of America

RETURNING TO THE UK NEED HELP!

Post by michele_t37 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 am

Hello!
My question is I've been traveling to the UK every 2 months.
I started in May stayed for a week then came back home to USA for 47 days.
Went back to England In July the 9th stayed there for 28 days.
I was back in the states for 75 days.
I went back to England in October 20 and stayed for 78 days.
When I arrived to England that time I had no issue but in January we went to Barcelona for 3 days and when we came back to a small airport in England they gave me a hard time. They told me they might refuse my entry even though I was only staying for 2 days before I left.
Now I've been in the states since then and I'm planning to go back in March. I do not why they gave me a hard time when I am no where near close to being in the UK for half a year nor I'll be there for more time than I've been in the states. For my next visit in March would it be recommended to have a standard visitor visa?

I visit my boyfriend, he can’t come to the USA yet as to he is finishing his masters that’s why I’ve been doing all the traveling. I’ve been going to the UK without a visa because I didn’t believe I needed it till they gave me a hard time a notice this last time when coming back from Barcelona. I was thinking in only going less than a month in order not to risk it if I go without a visa. I have all the paperwork to prove I’m not trying to move or live in England. I have all my bills under my name I’m a student and making car payments monthly.

IF I do get a visa why do they require 3 months before is that the recommended for the time the application is processed? Or would I receive the visa in less than 3 months and therefore right after travel?
Thanks!