ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR - Job creation question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mig2015

Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR - Job creation question

Post by mig2015 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 am

Hello Respected Members and Gurus

I haven't found the answer to this question in the past when preparing for extension, though I thought I should ask as there might have been cases that I have missed, or somebody has seen something similar.

Regarding to job creation, is this acceptable to have 1 person for 24 month full time (job title can be changed after 12 months), but the main point is having one person all the time. The fact is since 2.5 years ago I have somebody in employment who is quite fit to the business.

Thanks for any advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR - Job creation question

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:05 pm

mig2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 am

I haven't found the answer to this question in the past when preparing for extension, though I thought I should ask as there might have been cases that I have missed, or somebody has seen something similar.

Regarding to job creation, is this acceptable to have 1 person for 24 month full time (job title can be changed after 12 months), but the main point is having one person all the time. The fact is since 2.5 years ago I have somebody in employment who is quite fit to the business.

Thanks for any advice.
You can have this only if you fall under the pre 6th April 2014 category i.e your initial visa was approved before this date. You must have to fulfill your requirment and apply before April 2019 to benefit from it. Otherwise you cant.
You have not mentioned your exact dates of initial visa or extension issue so cant advise further.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:17 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:05 pm
mig2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks for any advice.
You can have this only if you fall under the pre 6th April 2014 category i.e your initial visa was approved before this date. You must have to fulfill your requirment and apply before April 2019 to benefit from it. Otherwise you cant.
You have not mentioned your exact dates of initial visa or extension issue so cant advise further.
Based on users previous posts, visa granted in January 2015.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... &start=100
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Thank you CR001 for being helpful.

If the initial visa was granted in January 2015, then no you cant. You need 2 FT “JOBS” for minimum 12 months each to qualify. You cannot combine employees to make up a 12 month period. Each job should exist 12 months each on its own.

You would have done the same at your extension stage anyways.

Actually I misread your first post:

You meant if you have 1 employee working for 12 months with Job tite A

and the same employee working following 12 months with Job title B

will that be accepted as 2 different FT jobs?

Personally I think no but i am not certain. Please wait for someone else to answer.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Brilliant!
A single employee can change jobs within the the same company according to the needs of your business. E.g a waiter to a supervisor. A researcher to operations..
2 different jobs. Lasting 12 months each..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Seems like you can do it then.

It would be a sample example for everyone using 1 employee for 2 different jobs post tranistional also

mig2015

Post by mig2015 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Thanks for the comments. Yes to me it seems it shouldn't cause any issues, however as I can not conclude this clearly from the guidance, was wondering if any of the members did the same or come across somebody getting positive outcome by doing the same. Would also appreciate if Senior members Marcnath and Zimba could advise ..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:55 pm

mig2015 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm
Thanks for the comments. Yes to me it seems it shouldn't cause any issues, however as I can not conclude this clearly from the guidance, was wondering if any of the members did the same or come across somebody getting positive outcome by doing the same. Would also appreciate if Senior members Marcnath and Zimba could advise ..
I have not come across any case like yours also. As I said, this will be a sample case if you go ahead with it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:58 pm

I myself look forward for Zimba’s or Marcnath’s reply on this for my own personal knowledge too.