ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anxiety: Need moral support

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Anxiety: Need moral support

Post by meyou5ick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

I applied for Naturalisation on the 8th of November. I am from Pakistan and I suffer from anxiety.

I was under the impression that people normally hear back within 6 to 8 weeks. I am now entering the 10th week.

Anxiety has gone through the roof. I am overthinking and cannot stop thinking of what is going on.

I have no criminal or civil cases and I am just thinking that some nationalities are probably scrutinised more. I also have applied based on ILR with no spouse etc. I have just been here since 2008 and I was also here for my undergrad before.

Any positive words or stories would be great. I do know that it could take upto three months but I worry if it goes beyond, I will find it more difficult to handle my stress.

Wishing everyone positivity and support. I came here to

chattokhan

Re: Anxiety: Need moral support

Post by chattokhan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Buddy you are not alone you only see the timelines of people who are getting approvals. There are hundreds of others 'read-only' people who quietly waiting. I also applied on 7th November and yet have not received any response.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 pm

meyou5ick wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 pm
Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

I applied for Naturalisation on the 8th of November. I am from Pakistan and I suffer from anxiety.

I was under the impression that people normally hear back within 6 to 8 weeks. I am now entering the 10th week.

Anxiety has gone through the roof. I am overthinking and cannot stop thinking of what is going on.

I have no criminal or civil cases and I am just thinking that some nationalities are probably scrutinised more. I also have applied based on ILR with no spouse etc. I have just been here since 2008 and I was also here for my undergrad before.

Any positive words or stories would be great. I do know that it could take upto three months but I worry if it goes beyond, I will find it more difficult to handle my stress.

It can upto 6 months. There are number of cases where people recieved the deciion after 18 months.

Can I ask you the reason of such stress? I mean if it was ILR it would have been understandable but whats so much worrying about naturalizatin?

You can still travel / work etc !
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:08 pm

chattokhan wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:16 pm
Buddy you are not alone you only see the timelines of people who are getting approvals. There are hundreds of others 'read-only' people who quietly waiting. I also applied on 7th November and yet have not received any response.
Appreciate it. Hopefully we will all cross the finish line. I'm glad to hear from another 'waiting' friend.

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm

makky86 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 pm
meyou5ick wrote:
Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

It can upto 6 months. There are number of cases where people recieved the deciion after 18 months.

Can I ask you the reason of such stress? I mean if it was ILR it would have been understandable but whats so much worrying about naturalizatin?

I hope it's not that late. Stress is just with the feel of life hanging in balance. I mean I have a UK degree and moved from Tier-2.

Naturally I am a little anxious person and it just makes me wonder that my case is straight forward so why it's gone beyond 2 months. It just is over-thinking and I want to close this chapter.

There isn't anything else and I have no plausible explanation for this except the waiting and naturally being an anxiety sufferer.

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:23 pm

meyou5ick wrote:
Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

Within the last 18 months, I have made three different naturalisation applications – Kids (MN1), self and spouse. I’m now waiting for the outcome of the third application. Based on my experience, I can say that the timelines varies. Kid’s application, although was straight forward, took 5 months while mine hardly took 5 weeks. The outcome was all positive.

I believe the timeline for decision making purely depends on the volume of applications. If your case is straight forward, there is no reason to get stressed. Just wait patiently.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 pm

meyou5ick wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm
makky86 wrote:
meyou5ick wrote:
Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

I hope it's not that late. Stress is just with the feel of life hanging in balance. I mean I have a UK degree and moved from Tier-2.

Naturally I am a little anxious person and it just makes me wonder that my case is straight forward so why it's gone beyond 2 months. It just is over-thinking and I want to close this chapter.

There isn't anything else and I have no plausible explanation for this except the waiting and naturally being an anxiety sufferer.
You can take like 5 htp or ashwangandha supplement. They will help you with stres..
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

chattokhan

Post by chattokhan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:52 pm

@meyou5ick please let me know when get any response.

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:16 am

makky86 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 pm
meyou5ick wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:15 pm
makky86 wrote:
meyou5ick wrote:
Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

You can take like 5 htp or ashwangandha supplement. They will help you with stres..
For me personally I find that meditation / yoga helps avoid most of the stress, mostly because of the way you have to breathe I think (and partially because you train your body to be relaxed in poses that might cause stress, but you achieve that via breathing properly). I believe they say if you breathe though the stomach you're more relaxed and if you breathe through the chest you might enter what they call a "fight or flight mode" i.e. stress.

But obviously it's harder to take on yoga and do it regularly than supplements, but from personal experience practicing it made me overall much less stressed in life (I started 5 months ago).

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Thank you guys for your responses.

I'll definitely check on supplements but meditation definitely has helped. I have used lots of breathing and relaxing exercises and it was all going well until this thought of "Oh my application is straight forward, why have I not heard back in 2 months?" creeped in but hearing all of you has made me realise that yes it could take 5 months even for a straight forward application. It doesn't help someone who is naturally an anxious person.

I will try not to think about it and hopefully we all get positive responses and end this chapter with a smile.

I will post here or in the timelines if I get any updates.

I appreciate the moral support, I was literally losing my mind the moment I posted it and I had to reach out to you guys who could understand the situation.

Thank you

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Nothing so far. Does anyone know what steps or process does the application go through? Like what do they check or do?

I have come to realise that very few people just put the submission date and timeline in the 'Timelines for November only' section. Most people put up their post once they have got the response. So like @chattokhan said, many are in read-only mode.

11th week is starting now since submission. I just am finding it very hard to focus on my work or anything else.

Wish you all the best of luck.

klamer4o7
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by klamer4o7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:37 pm

meyou5ick wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm
Nothing so far. Does anyone know what steps or process does the application go through? Like what do they check or do?

I have come to realise that very few people just put the submission date and timeline in the 'Timelines for November only' section. Most people put up their post once they have got the response. So like @chattokhan said, many are in read-only mode.

11th week is starting now since submission. I just am finding it very hard to focus on my work or anything else.

Wish you all the best of luck.
I'm a November applicant and i'm also still waiting to hear.

Take into consideration 2 things:
a) Christmas holidays - add at least a week on top of the the standard 8-week period
b) UKVCAS - if you used the new system, you would know how disorganised Sopra Steria is in this initial phase of their work with the HO. I would probably add another month in there based on the chaos that I was faced with during my appointment.

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:09 am

Thanks my friend.

Yes indeed, technically its been 9 weeks right now and I spoke to an immigration expert who said that it's too early. Responses before 10 weeks is not normal and usually its around 2 to 3 months.

It can be even longer up to 6 months.

Let's hope it all goes smooth.

I applied via the online process.

Best wishes to everyone

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Dear all,

Sorry for the late post but I had my application approved end of January and got passport a week after.

Thank you all for your support.

I wish you reach the finish line soon if you havent

Best wishes!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:53 pm

meyou5ick wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 pm
Dear all,

Sorry for the late post but I had my application approved end of January and got passport a week after.

Thank you all for your support.

I wish you reach the finish line soon if you havent

Best wishes!
Congratulations - it wasn't that bad after all - though I sympathise - most of us been through it / still going through it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

meyou5ick
Pakistan

Post by meyou5ick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:20 am

Indeed. Its easy said than done but patience and positivity is the remedy.

Best of luck to everyone waiting