ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by salsabeel » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:09 pm
Thank you very much for your replay.
So home office will contact to Pakistani embassy?
homeoffice check with country embassy, as refugee who seeks protection has applied (the country sought asylum from ) passport if yes it makes his/her asylum reason invalid because he/she breaches law
If I m refugee how can they share my information with my home country? Can you please tell me please. Nobody knows as its quite confidensial.
so just explain them in details with reasons. best wishes
SALSABEEL

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm
salsabeel wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm
Hello everyone.....urgenttttt help needed
I have a question my ilr set protection is due in March.
I made a mistake before my asylum appeal was allowed I renew my Pakistani passport
While homeoffice got my expire passport.
I have a question do i have to tell home office I have renew my passport ? yes u need to tell them.
Or if I don't tell them it's doesn't matter. it does matter
Can home office ask Pakistani embassy if I renew any passport? yes home office need to carry out all these checks before decision. so better to explain in details with reasons that why did u do that and why u needed it ?
Please help me
Thank you SALA for replay me.
If I tell them are they going to refuse my ILR? well, if u explain them every thing and
ur asylum reason is STILL VALID, THEY CAN NOT REFUSE if u still need protection.seek legal advise too.
SALSABEEL

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:33 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm
salsabeel wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm
I made a mistake before my asylum appeal was allowed I renew my Pakistani passport
I have a question do i have to tell home office I have renew my passport ? yes u need to tell them.
Or if I don't tell them it's doesn't matter. it does matter
Can home office ask Pakistani embassy if I renew any passport? yes home office need to carry out all these checks before decision. so better to explain in details with reasons that why did u do that and why u needed it ?
Please help me
Thank you SALA for replay me.
If I tell them are they going to refuse my ILR? well, if u explain them every thing and
ur asylum reason is STILL VALID, THEY CAN NOT REFUSE if u still need protection.seek legal advise too.
Thanks salsa
Just the last question do you know anyone who obtain the Pakistani passport and didn't tell the home office?
Do you have any refrence please ? You can share

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:33 pm
Thanks salsa
Just the last question do you know anyone who obtain the Pakistani passport and didn't tell the home office?
Do you have any refrence please ? You can share
Please see below link for detailed guidance.
See page 13 in the link below on possible reasons for revocation of Refugee status.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _0_EXT.pdf
Return to country of origin or obtaining a passport
This will usually indicate voluntary re-availment and may lead to revocation under Paragraph 339A(i)-(vi)
See below also Immigration Rules Part 11 - Asylum.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -11-asylum
Refugee Convention ceases to apply (cessation)

339A. This paragraph applies when the Secretary of State is satisfied that one or more of the following applies:
(i) they have voluntarily re-availed themselves of the protection of the country of nationality;
(ii) having lost their nationality, they have voluntarily re-acquired it;
(iii) they have acquired a new nationality, and enjoy the protection of the country of their new nationality;
(iv) they have voluntarily re-established themselves in the country which they left or outside which they remained owing to a fear of persecution;
(v) they can no longer, because the circumstances in connection with which they have been recognised as a refugee have ceased to exist, continue to refuse to avail themselves of the protection of the country of nationality; or
(vi) being a stateless person with no nationality, they are able, because the circumstances in connection with which they have been recognised as a refugee have ceased to exist, to return to the country of former habitual residence

In considering (v) and (vi), the Secretary of State shall have regard to whether the change of circumstances is of such a significant and non-temporary nature that the refugee’s fear of persecution can no longer be regarded as well-founded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:33 pm
London22 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 am
Sand6 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am
London22 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi Friend
I want hand over national passport to home office very soon before applying.Thats the option that can help me .Giving it back to my national authorities wont make any difference.Do you know which address should I send it to or go and hand over it to them.Is it travel documents section which office is lunar house Croydon?
Anyone else if can guide where exactly I should hand over my national passport to home office if not Croydon office.Thank you
I think you should consult a soliciter rather then sending passort to home office as it will trigger the review of your case or better to apply for ILR and explain your mistake in it and send passport with your application. I hope you 'll be fine.
Thank you mate for your advise.Im applying for ILR on 1st week of Feb.I will mention this issue of national passport and explain HO reasons led in making of it.I think when I go to submit documents I should send passport as well or ask HO later on where to send it.The problem with lawyers is they have no idea what can actually happen as it is a rare case.Yes I know this case would go to status review unit SRU.A useless silliest act have put me in huge pressure.

I have a question do i have to tell home office I have renew my passport ?
Or if I don't tell them it's doesn't matter.
Can home office ask Pakistani embassy if I renew any passport?
Please help me
Hello Amber Aziz
We both are on same boat.I have done the same mistake and Im in deep trouble .I am applying in 2 weeks.
Obtaining a national passport after the grant of asylum can terminate refugee status under article 1c(1) of refugee convention 1952.I have searched many online forums,academics,UNHCR latest handbook . One academic called this cessation problematic.Even UNHCR previous handbook have a statement contrast to the cessation clause in which it states every individual case should be decided on its individual merits after if refugees obtained national passport.I have taken advise from many lawyers and some of them told me Home Office can refuse ILR and only 2 lawyers told me I would be fine as I did not use passport for travel.A very few told me to renounce passport or destroy it.I haven't listened to anyone yet as I have already decided to let home office know that I have renewed national passport.
Nobody can answer exactly how home office treats such cases except those caseworkers who work within home office either ex employees or present.Lawyers don't seem to have such cases.
Most refugee revocation cases are due to criminality or where home office thinks refugee status was obtained fraudulently.There is nothing better than hoping for better.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Thank you for you replay
I just want to know if HO contatct to Pakistan embassy in time when I apply for refugee ILR??
Please let me know when you get your ILR
X

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 am

Amber_aziz wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm
Thank you for you replay
I just want to know if HO contatct to Pakistan embassy in time when I apply for refugee ILR??
X
Hi everyone
I have tried to find out cases where refugee status was ceased due to obtaining a new home country's passport and I could only found 1 case of an algerian citizen from 2005 to 2013.If anyone has information or reference of such cases please come forward and share here for guidance.
UNHCR handbook doesnt have a clear explanation in such cases thats why there are no such cases .The lawa states simply that obtaining a national passport in the absence of proof contrary be presumbed that refugee intends to avail the protection of his own country.On the other hand it states refugees may have obtained national passport may be they are constrained due to the circumstances out of their control.Here a refugee has to explain reasons led him to do so.Ridiculously UNHCR states if a refugee renews his national passport his refugee status should not be ceased if that passport is not valid for travel to his country of origin.What the refugee has obtained a passport for then ?In some cases it is allowed for refugees to return to thier home countries for short period so the home office return to home country may usually terminate refugee status term used as headline in asylum revocation policy is not a straightforward.
A refugee should not simply obtain a national passport otherwise his asylum becomes complex and he has to be ready for a fight.It is now too late to teach this lesson to myself ha ha ha.If home office refuses someone ILR on this basis but refugee rebuts the basis his status may be decided afresh.Nobody knows home office exact policy in such cases.The laws are not simple they need interpretation.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:36 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 am
Amber_aziz wrote:
Thank you for you replay
X
Hi everyone
I have tried to find out cases where refugee status was ceased due to obtaining a new home country's passport and I could only found 1 case of an algerian citizen from 2005 to 2013.If anyone has information or reference of such cases please come forward and share here for guidance.
UNHCR handbook doesnt have a clear explanation in such cases thats why there are no such cases .The lawa states simply that obtaining a national passport in the absence of proof contrary be presumbed that refugee intends to avail the protection of his own country.On the other hand it states refugees may have obtained national passport may be they are constrained due to the circumstances out of their control.Here a refugee has to explain reasons led him to do so.Ridiculously UNHCR states if a refugee renews his national passport his refugee status should not be ceased if that passport is not valid for travel to his country of origin.What the refugee has obtained a passport for then ?In some cases it is allowed for refugees to return to thier home countries for short period so the home office return to home country may usually terminate refugee status term used as headline in asylum revocation policy is not a straightforward.
A refugee should not simply obtain a national passport otherwise his asylum becomes complex and he has to be ready for a fight.It is now too late to teach this lesson to myself ha ha ha.If home office refuses someone ILR on this basis but refugee rebuts the basis his status may be decided afresh.Nobody knows home office exact policy in such cases.The laws are not simple they need interpretation.
Thanks again for your prompt replay.
Pleaae could you tell me me 1 thing home office promised that they will not share any information with refugee home country.
So you saying they do share refugee information with their home country ??????????
Please keep informing me regards your ILR application.
I have few months left for refugee ILR.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:36 pm
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
Thank you for you replay
X
Hi everyone
Pleaae could you tell me me 1 thing home office promised that they will not share any information with refugee home country.
So you saying they do share refugee information with their home country ??????????
Hi Amber
I dont have any confirmed information that home office shares refugees information with their country of origins but my instinct is that HO must be doing some checks with embassies to know if refugees have obtained new passports.These are confidential things and thats the reason take around 6 months to decide such applications as they caasy out all essential checks.Im just assuming this ,it is also possible that they may be checking only random people .We simply dont know .Caseworkers or senior officials of embassies know that very well.I will declare that passport and reasons led in making of it.If I hide it and later they find out a deception would be imposed as I have used it with govt departments .There are no cases of refugee status cessation when you check online which indicates seldom use of this clause.The worst thing is under current hostile environment policy of ho it seems like a nightmare.
I will share everything here.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:59 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
Thank you for you replay
X
Hi everyone
Hi Amber
I dont have any confirmed information that home office shares refugees information with their country of origins but my instinct is that HO must be doing some checks with embassies to know if refugees have obtained new passports.These are confidential things and thats the reason take around 6 months to decide such applications as they caasy out all essential checks.Im just assuming this ,it is also possible that they may be checking only random people .We simply dont know .Caseworkers or senior officials of embassies know that very well.I will declare that passport and reasons led in making of it.If I hide it and later they find out a deception would be imposed as I have used it with govt departments .There are no cases of refugee status cessation when you check online which indicates seldom use of this clause.The worst thing is under current hostile environment policy of ho it seems like a nightmare.
Thanks again.
I have seen some posts where people's got ilr in 3 months

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:59 pm
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
London22 wrote:

Hi everyone
Hi Amber
Thanks again.
Thank you too Amber
It takes only a week to carry out these checks.Sometimes some embassies take longer to reply so thats the reason every refugee gets decision on different times.2 to 3 months where case is straightforward plus home office itself recognized the person refugee while cases where courts allow appeals can take upto 6 months or longer .
What advise have yo sought from lawyers or what is your plan with the application.Have you used your passport for travelling anywhere or have you obtained travel documents from home office.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm

I have asked few soliciter they said as long as you don't use it it doesn't matter if you have passport.
My soliciter told me that they don't contact to pakistani embassy,becuase they can't do it .the information that you provide to HO it's matter.
2nd soliciter told me same thing to no tell HO.
I m so stressed.
Passport I made before my court hearing for asylum.
Ho could check it before if they could do that.they didn't becuase they can't do that.they can only get your travel document from embassy when they want to deport you.
It's all about bonus HO get when they refused some one visa.i paid in 5 years a lot of taxes.
Not very easy for so single female to survive tbh.
What yours soliciter told you?
To declare your passport?

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:

Hi Amber
Thanks again.
Thank you too Amber
It takes only a week to carry out these checks.Sometimes some embassies take longer to reply so thats the reason every refugee gets decision on different times.2 to 3 months where case is straightforward plus home office itself recognized the person refugee while cases where courts allow appeals can take upto 6 months or longer .
What advise have yo sought from lawyers or what is your plan with the application.Have you used your passport for travelling anywhere or have you obtained travel documents from home office.
I have asked few soliciter they said as long as you don't use it it doesn't matter if you have passport.
My soliciter told me that they don't contact to pakistani embassy,becuase they can't do it .the information that you provide to HO it's matter.
I m so stressed.
Ho could check it before if they could do that.they didn't becuase they can't do that.they can only get your travel document from embassy when they want to deport you.
It's all about bonus HO get when they refused some one visa.i paid in 5 years a lot of taxes.
Yes I have HO travel document I even didn't use that.
Never went for holidays out side of uk :(

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
London22 wrote:

Hi Amber
Thanks again.
Thank you too Amber
I m so stressed.
Yes I have HO travel document I even didn't use that.
Never went for holidays out side of uk :(
Thank you Amber for replying
If your solicitor says that if you havent used passport for travel it doesnt matter then he should encourage you to be clear with home office .There is no such policy of home office to terminate refugee status due to refugee obtaining national passport.If that isnt there policy there should be cases in courts which I couldn't find at all after sreaching many forums .Only refugee status revocation cases come up of refugees committed serious crimes.Again in current hostile environment home office can refuse ILR .A little silly mistake can sometimes ruin the whole life.
I am taking advise from one of popular immigration firms on this and next week I will know what to do.
I have a mix reply from many solicitors.Solicitors cant tell 100% as use of article 1c(1) to cease refugee status in uk is very rare.I have only found one case.I agree with you it is difficult to survive specially when you are not british and have to work .I have paid too much tax too and have worked hard 5 years remembering that future is unsure .I couldnt travel to enjoy my holidays as well .I was unaware of any travel documents when asylum was granted .I was traumatised as well and made this silly miatake .I did my application myself .
Goodluck

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi all, I am new to this forum. Need help with my ILR application, Was granted refugee status in March last year, feb I am due to apply. I need help with the documents and cover letter please. anybody can post a sample cover letter will be very helpful.
And what documents are required as I cannot afford lawyer, they are very expensive. :cry:

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:23 pm

London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:

Hi Amber
Thanks again.
Thank you too Amber
Hi, my aunt had made a passport by mistake, and the solicitor did scold her for that, but later homeoffice did not make any issue of that, and granted her ILR, so guess should be fine with you.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks you for replay.
Could you tell us please about your aunt did she tell HO that she obtain the passport?
Or she didn't told them ???
What was the situation could you please explain that.
That will be so kind of you

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:17 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:23 pm
London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
London22 wrote:

Hi Amber
Thanks again.
Thank you too Amber
Hi, my aunt had made a passport by mistake, and the solicitor did scold her for that, but later homeoffice did not make any issue of that, and granted her ILR, so guess should be fine with you.
Hello
Please let us know when was your aunt granted ILR ? ???? Has she declared this to home office????
This would be very helpful information .
thank you

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:22 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Need help with my ILR application, Was granted refugee status in March last year, feb I am due to apply. I need help with the documents and cover letter please. anybody can post a sample cover letter will be very helpful.
And what documents are required as I cannot afford lawyer, they are very expensive. :cry:
Hello SAAMNA
I am applying on 1st week of February .I haven't seen online forms yet.Once I did it I will let you know.It is not difficult.Dont worry.If your asylum claim still stands,your country situation is not changed ,you haven't committed any crime then you will get ILR.
Please reply me if your aunt was granted ILR while she obtained national passport.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks for your prompt reply, yes she applied for a Pakistani passport while she was on refugee status, but her lawyer strictly advised her not to hide this from HO, if they found out, it would effect her credibility.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 am

She was granted ILR in 2013.. Don't worry just disclose this info to HO, not a big deal as long as you haven't travelled on it. If they ask, just say was ignorant of the rules, and nobody was there to provide the guidance, that's it.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am

I want help with cover letter, is cover letter necessary?

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 am

saamna wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am
I want help with cover letter, is cover letter necessary?
Hi I don't think cover letter is important in my application my solicitor just write down about the initial situation on which asylum was based and stats that it's still valid and need protection nothing special or new, I have seen on this forum people left it blank and they got ILR .

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:23 am

saamna wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 am
She was granted ILR in 2013.. Don't worry just disclose this info to HO, not a big deal as long as you haven't travelled on it. If they ask, just say was ignorant of the rules, and nobody was there to provide the guidance, that's it.
Just want to ask did she got naturalisarion application approved after ILR without an issue.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

yes no issue with the naturalisation either.