ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tonia23
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Tonia23 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 am

Ashf wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 am
Tonia23 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 am
have you found contact number?
Yes but apparently is not free and if I want to talk to someone I have to pay, right ?
yes, i paid 1.38 £
(plus your standard network price, but for me it was free ).
You pay only for time, you talked with a human, not computer. The woman asked me my name, my surname, my mail and GWF number. So everything takes nearly 1 minute.

Ashf
Newly Registered
France

Post by Ashf » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 am

Tonia23 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 am
Ashf wrote:
Tonia23 wrote:
Yes but apparently is not free and if I want to talk to someone I have to pay, right ?
yes, i paid 1.38 £
You pay only for time, you talked with a human, not computer. The woman asked me my name, my surname, my mail and GWF number. So everything takes nearly 1 minute.
Yes, I called them and : no decision made yet :( ! I'll wait...

Tonia23
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Tonia23 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am

Ashf wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 am
Tonia23 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 am
Ashf wrote:
Tonia23 wrote:
yes, i paid 1.38 £
Yes, I called them and : no decision made yet :( ! I'll wait...
Hope you will get it soon!

YoucefYannis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by YoucefYannis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:21 am

Hello everyone,

I am an algerian citizen living in Turkey, my wife is a latvian national living and working in the Uk for the past twelve years and hold an ILR permit. I have applied for EEA FP couple of weeks ago and my timeline goes like this:

Application+ Biometrics: 07/01/2019
Received by UKVI:07/01/2019
Email from Sheffield that application was going to be reviewed by ECO :15/01/2019

Iam surprised to recieve an email from Sheffield and confused to read that they asked if i have sent relevant supporting documents to them. Was my wife supposed to do that? They scanned all of my documents at the TLS contact center in Istanbul when I applied and returned all originals and copies. From what i read here i know thats the standard and they dont keep originals, but what am worried about it that they scanned everything with a xerox machine and it went through the 100 pages i submitted so fast like in a minute or so, I am worried some documents might not get scanned or scanned properly and I will be refused on the grounds of submitting an incomplete application. How long do you think it will be till I get an answer? Thank you guys for all the help and support as the process is so stressful:/

Ashf
Newly Registered
France

Post by Ashf » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:43 am

YoucefYannis wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:21 am
Hello everyone,

I am an algerian citizen living in Turkey, my wife is a latvian national living and working in the Uk for the past twelve years and hold an ILR permit. I have applied for EEA FP couple of weeks ago and my timeline goes like this:

Email from Sheffield that application was going to be reviewed by ECO :15/01/2019

Iam surprised to recieve an email from Sheffield and confused to read that they asked if i have sent relevant supporting documents to them. Was my wife supposed to do that? They scanned all of my documents at the TLS contact center in Istanbul when I applied and returned all originals and copies. From what i read here i know thats the standard and they dont keep originals, but what am worried about it that they scanned everything with a xerox machine and it went through the 100 pages i submitted so fast like in a minute or so, I am worried some documents might not get scanned or scanned properly and I will be refused on the grounds of submitting an incomplete application. How long do you think it will be till I get an answer? Thank you guys for all the help and support as the process is so stressful:/
No worries, it’s just to inform you that the application was going to be reviewed.
You’ll get an answer between 15 days and 12 Weeks.
But you can call UKVI after 15 working days after the appointment so for you on the 28th of Jan to ask if the decision is made.

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:10 pm

YoucefYannis wrote:
Hello everyone,

What about your wife's passport. ?

YoucefYannis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by YoucefYannis » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:11 am

zafran1 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:10 pm
YoucefYannis wrote:
Hello everyone,

No My wife sent nothing she still has her passport since she needs to travel a lot. And we didnt know its a requirements even at the tls center I asked the agents if she needs to send anything they said no copies are enough and they have all infos about her since she has ILR permit. Should we send her passport to Sheffield?

Ashf
Newly Registered
France

Post by Ashf » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 pm

YoucefYannis wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:11 am
zafran1 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:10 pm
YoucefYannis wrote:
Hello everyone,

No My wife sent nothing she still has her passport since she needs to travel a lot. And we didnt know its a requirements even at the tls center I asked the agents if she needs to send anything they said no copies are enough and they have all infos about her since she has ILR permit. Should we send her passport to Sheffield?
No normally it’s only your passport cause you applied and not your wife.

basicblue2k
Ireland

Post by basicblue2k » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:50 am

I also read that a copy of Sponsor's passport is sufficient. They need the passport of the applicant though for family permit.

Tonia23
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Tonia23 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Got it!!!

11:49 Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre"

Thank you all! Wish you all to get a visa too!

29th December - biometrics
2th January - Application received by UKVI
10 Jan - Email that application was going to be reviewed by ECO
15 Jan - Visa stamped
21 Jan - Your passport ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre.

YoucefYannis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by YoucefYannis » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Tonia23 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 pm
Got it!!!

11:49 Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre"

15 Jan - Visa stamped
21 Jan - Your passport ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre.
Congratulation !! i hope Ill get mine soon, I just have few questions for you, did you get an email on the 15th saying that your visa is approved or did it show that a decision is made on the tlscontact website?

Tonia23
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Tonia23 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 am

YoucefYannis wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 pm
Tonia23 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 pm
Got it!!!

15 Jan - Visa stamped
Congratulation !! i hope Ill get mine soon, I just have few questions for you, did you get an email on the 15th saying that your visa is approved or did it show that a decision is made on the tlscontact website?
Thanks!!!
There was no email on the 15th, and no email that decision was made, just an email on the 21th Jan that passport is ready for collection :shock: . The date when visa was stamped i saw in my passport

YoucefYannis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by YoucefYannis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 pm

Good news ! I got it today !
it was way quicker than what i anticipated, I am gonna post again my timeline for any future readers and I can also share the documents I submitted for anyone wondering as I got it first time applying

21 Jan - Visa stamped
23 Jan - Your passport ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre.

I am so happy and thankful and grateful to everyone who helped or shared his story and experience on this platform. for anyone waiting for visa or willing to apply in the future i say dont lose hope and just take your time and not rush into applying with incomplete and missing applications. best of luck to everyone :)

cheers !

YoucefYannis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by YoucefYannis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:12 pm

also I have one further question I forgot to include in my previous post, my visa is for 6 months, what comes next do I apply for residency card once I am in the UK? and if so how and what are the necessary documents? if anyone has any knowledge about the process please enlighten us ! :)

flagin
Newly Registered

Post by flagin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:55 pm

YoucefYannis wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:12 pm
also I have one further question I forgot to include in my previous post, my visa is for 6 months, what comes next do I apply for residency card once I am in the UK? and if so how and what are the necessary documents? if anyone has any knowledge about the process please enlighten us ! :)
Congrats YoucefYannis,
Can you list the all the necessary documents required and did you use a lawyer ?

I think you need to apply for residence permit towards the end of your of 6 months FP. Your spouse should be working of course

ranitoniolli
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ranitoniolli » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:58 pm

Hello Guys

did anybody started a process around january 24th? I'm afraid it taked more than 15 days and the keep my passport while they do it.

Luciaferrer
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Luciaferrer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:04 pm

ranitoniolli wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:58 pm
Hello Guys

did anybody started a process around january 24th? I'm afraid it taked more than 15 days and the keep my passport while they do it.
hi ranitoniolli I am about to start my process, I would like to know how it has been yours since you made the initial request.
Have you received any notification that they have already received your documents and will evaluate them?

Faro123
inactive

Post by Faro123 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 am

Hello guys did anyone applied for family Permit non EEA National in January 2019 ? Actually my brother applied for me in January amd got the consideration email that they recieved my application and it’s under consideration and after a week I got a not straight forward email two times I’m curious if someone else got these not straightforward emails ? It’s been almost 1 month that I haven’t heard anything from them plz someone reply me I’ll be very grateful thank u

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection. This is the email that I got twice

Rafa_ela3
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Rafa_ela3 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Faro123,

I’ve applied 16th January, since then I haven’t got no notice email from Sheffield or Vsf... I saw a lot of comments here and I think it’s a quite normal the wait...

Rafa_ela3
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Rafa_ela3 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Rafa_ela3 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:47 pm
Hi Faro123,

I’ve applied 16th January, since then I haven’t got no notice email from Sheffield or Vsf... I saw a lot of comments here and I think it’s a quite normal the wait...
So... correcting... I only receive a email on 22nd advise me that my request was be analyzed ... since then, no one email from Sheffield or VSF.
I’m applying from São Paulo- Brazil.

Faro123
inactive

Post by Faro123 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Thank you guys I hope we all hear a good news soon and get our visas as soon as possible I’ll keep u guys updated if I receive anything fingers crossed 🤞 I’m a bit tensed cuz of this not straightforward email I hope everything is okay with my application 🤗

hassan_09
Newly Registered

Post by hassan_09 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Abdulahad wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Alhumdulilah

i got my EEA family permit today

here is my time line

biometrics on 11.10.2018 lahore
email that application recieced on 11.10.2018
visa stamped on 16.10.2018
passport return on 7.11.2018
hi abdulahad, i am living in uk and i want to apply for family permit for my mother in lahore pakista. i will be submitting my online application from here can you tell me what she has to do when she goes to gerrys office for application? what documents she should take with her. thanks. you can get in touch directly with me on
email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:25 pm

hassan_09 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm
Abdulahad wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Alhumdulilah

i got my EEA family permit today

here is my time line

biometrics on 11.10.2018 lahore
email that application recieced on 11.10.2018
visa stamped on 16.10.2018
passport return on 7.11.2018
hi abdulahad, i am living in uk and i want to apply for family permit for my mother in lahore pakista. i will be submitting my online application from here can you tell me what she has to do when she goes to gerrys office for application? what documents she should take with her. thanks. you can get in touch directly with me on
email address removed by moderator
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules, as you were required to do when registering as a member.

announcements/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vivi862
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by vivi862 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi all- I'm applying from the US. Sent in my biometrics and documents on the 4th, received an email on the 6th that my application had made it to Sheffield and today got an email "A decision has been made." But no indication of what type of decision. Has anyone else received this email? Did it turn out to be good news or bad news. I paid for priority but I'm still worried this was too fast for an approval.

Luciaferrer
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Luciaferrer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Rafa_ela3 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:47 pm
Hi Faro123,

Hello Rafa,

I would like yo know if you already received the return passport and if you obtained the stamp with the FP.

I have started the process on 5/02 and so far i have not received a message or email. I am applying from Peru