ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by dilse4srk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:53 am

surfsumi wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 pm
kiwijane123 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 pm
Hello everyone.

I live in London and my lawyer is saying that super priority is only available via the premium centre on Mark Lane.

However, I see that some of you have had super priority decisions after submitting your biometrics in Croydon.

I don't know what the options are because the application hasn't been submitted yet. Can someone please clarify for me?

If I can avoid Mark Lane that would be preferable, to save myself £200.

thank you all in advance!
Hi,
There is no such thing as you must go to premium center to give your bio-metrics. You can go to any center in England as far as you can book an appointment. I applied through super priority service ( got my BRP in 3 days) & I booked my appointment at Croydon center because I didn't want to pay additional fees just to submit my bio metrics in London. My appointment was at 12:00 but they took me 11:30 because I went there early.
hope this helps..
They might say 24hrs are actually 3 working days (8hrs each day). But give it a try and put in a complaint and see where it goes. if you do receive a refund let us know please

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am

ras9zg wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 am
Can someone remind me of what super priority deadlines are? 24 hours, correct?

I went to Reading UKVAS on 12 January for a 10 am appointment, and estimating 24 hours, I should have had an email by Monday 10 am. However, let's say that Saturday is a non working day for the Home Office, then by 10 am on Tuesday. UKVAS/HO missed this deadline, but by the end of the Tuesday I did get an email with a decision (no BRP yet in the mail as of today). While I know everyone else is facing MUCH worse, I wonder if I should press for some funds refunded given they didn't meet their own deadlines. Any thoughts?
They might say 24hrs are actually 3 working days (8hrs each day). But give it a try and put in a complaint and see where it goes. if you do receive a refund let us know please

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:46 am
Hi to all,

So not to bring the thread down, but my ILR was refused this morning, I haven't read the last 30 odd pages but it seems everybody else has received theirs.

Brief relapse: Application Set M on the 5 years after being partner of a EEA National (whom during that period I married and reside in London)

They refused my application because I applied on the 11th of November, rather then before the 25th of October. Some may remember that there was no appointment up and down the whole kingdom for 45 days, and I tried every day to apply. Because that classes me as an overstayer in the UK's eyes I am to be deported in 7 days. Which will be interesting as I live with my Wife (Polish who is now a british citizen) in central London, run a Consultency, have two cats and a large liability to Banks and HMRC>

This escalated quickly.

Next steps:

Create a new complaint, appealing that their absolutely hopeless system was the cause of the delay in application, and they should have record of this.
Reapply via the EEA PR route.
Find a way to talk to some department saying that I am preparing my appeal which requires me to leave the UK
Take advice from anybody here.
Prepare Plan B: Sell everything and get His majesty to send me back to some antipodean country.

This went from doing the absolute right thing (tier 2 2011-2014, and then EEA October 2013 to October 2018) to waking up to a screaming wife saying you have to leave the UK in 7 days
As a married partner of an EEA national you never become overstayer even if your documents expire. Your right to stay is still there but your document which proves this already existing right will expire. You will also never be deported for not having residence documents.

You applied under the Immigration Rules (not EEA regulation) so they were right to refuse the application. If you wanted to use SET M route (which I don't know why you would want to do that and pay a lot more, especially if your wife is economically active) you should have posted the application.

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:08 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:53 am
surfsumi wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 pm
kiwijane123 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 pm
Hello everyone.

I live in London and my lawyer is saying that super priority is only available via the premium centre on Mark Lane.

However, I see that some of you have had super priority decisions after submitting your biometrics in Croydon.

I don't know what the options are because the application hasn't been submitted yet. Can someone please clarify for me?

If I can avoid Mark Lane that would be preferable, to save myself £200.

thank you all in advance!
Hi,
There is no such thing as you must go to premium center to give your bio-metrics. You can go to any center in England as far as you can book an appointment. I applied through super priority service ( got my BRP in 3 days) & I booked my appointment at Croydon center because I didn't want to pay additional fees just to submit my bio metrics in London. My appointment was at 12:00 but they took me 11:30 because I went there early.
hope this helps..
24 hours is 24 hours not 3 days. If submitted 10am Thursday, decision must be dispatched by 10am Friday. 10am Friday, 10am Monday. 10am Saturday, 10am Tuesday.
However, they don't have to deliver the decision in 24 hours. They must dispatch it. It is not clear yet if this means printed, or give to Royal Mail.

So they won't say it is 3 working days. But they might say the email was just an additional action and a decision was dispatched before that by post. Still you should try. It costs nothing. Let us know.

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi guys, applied and submitted biometrics for Tier 2 to ILR under set 0 on 27th December. No correspondance till date.

My question was...for month of Decemeber my uncle from oversees sent me 950 pounds as gift money. This appears on my statement for december. Just wondering if I have to give tax on this money or am I just overthinking this ?
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:17 pm

vibe123 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi guys, applied and submitted biometrics for Tier 2 to ILR under set 0 on 27th December. No correspondance till date.

My question was...for month of Decemeber my uncle from oversees sent me 950 pounds as gift money. This appears on my statement for december. Just wondering if I have to give tax on this money or am I just overthinking this ?
Thanks in advance.
How is this relevant to the ukcvas experience topic you have posted the question in??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Just an update. I just checked my junk mail and found an email sent by home office yesterday that we have sent you a letter to register your biomentrics to the nearest post office.if i had register my biometrics i should ignore this email. Strange thing is, i havent received any such letter and my appointment is on monday. I hope it gets sorted asap

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Apologies for the irrelevant post. I will post it under a different thread

runshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by runshah » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi guys

I had my ukvcas appointment this morning at Croydon and it went smoothly. Had uploaded all my supporting documents beforehand so the process was very quick. The application was for my ILR and have gone with the super priority option. Have read a few comments on this group and am a bit apprehensive about the wait process :( but can see most posts were in November when this new system was introduced. Is there anyone here that has had their appointment quite recently like a week or 2 ago and have received the decision within 24 hours?

RY83
Newly Registered
India

Post by RY83 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Vinnu wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am
RY83 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:50 pm
hello RY83

I was also in the same boat got refund on 16 jan but no approval letter or brp card... did you receive your brp
Not yet. Did you receive yours .. please keep me updated . Thanks

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm

runshah wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm
Hi guys

I had my ukvcas appointment this morning at Croydon and it went smoothly. Had uploaded all my supporting documents beforehand so the process was very quick. The application was for my ILR and have gone with the super priority option. Have read a few comments on this group and am a bit apprehensive about the wait process :( but can see most posts were in November when this new system was introduced. Is there anyone here that has had their appointment quite recently like a week or 2 ago and have received the decision within 24 hours?
Hi
I have my appointment on monday in croydon. It will be interesting to see how long they take for ur decision that will give us a hint for end of january appointments. I will update here too. Please let me know which docs you submitted for set lr. also please tell me where can we let sopra people know that we have uploaded all docs before hand to make process quicker i mean at the gate or we have to wait as usual and let them know at our turn

runshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by runshah » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm
runshah wrote:
Hi guys

Hi
I have my appointment on monday in croydon. It will be interesting to see how long they take for ur decision that will give us a hint for end of january appointments. I will update here too. Please let me know which docs you submitted for set lr. also please tell me where can we let sopra people know that we have uploaded all docs before hand to make process quicker i mean at the gate or we have to wait as usual and let them know at our turn
Hi

So I applied as a spouse of a British Citizen. When you book your appointment there is an option on the ukvcas website to upload documents. I had uploaded in pdf format and also paid £35 for them to pre check it’s all uploaded in the correct format.
Mandatory docs: my passport, husbands British passport, signed family declaration form, husbands naturalisation certificate.

optional documents: life in uk test letter, degree certificate, utility bills letters, bank statements and payslips for both husband and I, mortgage statements for last year, council tax bill, joint account statements too for last year and employee letters for both of us.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:09 pm

runshah wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 pm
dilse4srk wrote:
runshah wrote:
Hi guys

Hi
Hi

So I applied as a spouse of a British Citizen. When you book your appointment there is an option on the ukvcas website to upload documents. I had uploaded in pdf format and also paid £35 for them to pre check it’s all uploaded in the correct format.
Mandatory docs: my passport, husbands British passport, signed family declaration form, husbands naturalisation certificate.

optional documents: life in uk test letter, degree certificate, utility bills letters, bank statements and payslips for both husband and I, mortgage statements for last year, council tax bill, joint account statements too for last year and employee letters for both of us.

Ok so you are going through SET M route. Mine is based on 10 year long residency. I didnt get any mandatory document option on sopra site however i uploaded all docs under optional tab
also let me know how to tell sopra people that i have uploaded all docs online already

runshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by runshah » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:12 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:32 pm
Just an update. I just checked my junk mail and found an email sent by home office yesterday that we have sent you a letter to register your biomentrics to the nearest post office.if i had register my biometrics i should ignore this email. Strange thing is, i havent received any such letter and my appointment is on monday. I hope it gets sorted asap
I received this same email yesterday and got really scared. My appointment as I mentioned was this morning so hope all is ok. I assumed it is a generic email.

runshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by runshah » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:09 pm
runshah wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 pm
dilse4srk wrote:
runshah wrote:
Hi guys

Hi
Hi

Ok so you are going through SET M route. Mine is based on 10 year long residency. I didnt get any mandatory document option on sopra site however i uploaded all docs under optional tab
also let me know how to tell sopra people that i have uploaded all docs online already
U don’t need to tell them they can already see it. The lady asked me if there was anything I had forgotten to upload and have brought with me today so she can upload. But I double checked everything and all docs were uploaded.

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm

bibi2 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Fryman wrote:
Hi to all,

So not to bring the thread down, but my ILR was refused this morning, I haven't read the last 30 odd pages but it seems everybody else has received theirs.

Brief relapse: Application Set M on the 5 years after being partner of a EEA National (whom during that period I married and reside in London)

They refused my application because I applied on the 11th of November, rather then before the 25th of October. Some may remember that there was no appointment up and down the whole kingdom for 45 days, and I tried every day to apply. Because that classes me as an overstayer in the UK's eyes I am to be deported in 7 days. Which will be interesting as I live with my Wife (Polish who is now a british citizen) in central London, run a Consultency, have two cats and a large liability to Banks and HMRC>

This escalated quickly.

Next steps:

Create a new complaint, appealing that their absolutely hopeless system was the cause of the delay in application, and they should have record of this.
Find a way to talk to some department saying that I am preparing my appeal which requires me to leave the UK
Prepare Plan B: Sell everything and get His majesty to send me back to some antipodean country.

This went from doing the absolute right thing (tier 2 2011-2014, and then EEA October 2013 to October 2018) to waking up to a screaming wife saying you have to leave the UK in 7 days
As a married partner of an EEA national you never become overstayer even if your documents expire. Your right to stay is still there but your document which proves this already existing right will expire. You will also never be deported for not having residence documents.

You applied under the Immigration Rules (not EEA regulation) so they were right to refuse the application. If you wanted to use SET M route (which I don't know why you would want to do that and pay a lot more, especially if your wife is economically active) you should have posted the application.

I think you are absolutely right. It looks like it was refused because I entered on EEA partner, not a uk settled partner (EU vs UK immigration law)

The exact reason is as follows

For the reason outlined above, your application for indefinite leave to remain as the spouse of a person present and settled in the uk is refused asn you have failed to meet the requirements of the immigration rules under Paragraph D-ILRP.1.3 with Reference to R-ILRP1.1 with reference to E-ILRP.1.2 and E-ILRP.1.3(1) and E-LTRP.2.1 to 2.2 of appendix FM

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Interpreting those clauses and subclauses leads me down the road of IT should be refused if you didnt start with the settled partner or marriage visa.

SIgh. EEA (PR) with a letter to my MP and cc'd in complants@ho on its way

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm
Interpreting those clauses and subclauses leads me down the road of IT should be refused if you didnt start with the settled partner or marriage visa.

What is the basis of your complaint?? You applied for something you didn't qualify for.

The general text in the letter about leaving the UK is generic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm
bibi2 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Fryman wrote:
Hi to all,

This escalated quickly.

Next steps:

I think you are absolutely right. It looks like it was refused because I entered on EEA partner, not a uk settled partner (EU vs UK immigration law)

The exact reason is as follows

For the reason outlined above, your application for indefinite leave to remain as the spouse of a person present and settled in the uk is refused asn you have failed to meet the requirements of the immigration rules under Paragraph D-ILRP.1.3 with Reference to R-ILRP1.1 with reference to E-ILRP.1.2 and E-ILRP.1.3(1) and E-LTRP.2.1 to 2.2 of appendix FM
Sorry but I don't get it. If your application was rightly refused, why are you making a complaint or want to send an appeal notification?

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm
Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

What is the basis of your complaint?? You applied for something you didn't qualify for.
-> Refusal letter dated over a month ago turns up today saying you must leave the country which nullifys the grace period to try to voluntarily leave and put you straight into being picked up and deported as per the immigration bail laws.
-> 28 day leeway from when the EEA National had expired was not applied and then deemed overstay which cascaded into furthur requirements not being met
-> the lack of clarity in the appendix FM (im not a lawyer) that seems to infer that the only way you can settle as partner of a british settled citizen is to have come on the relevant visa, not satisfy the 60 month requirement no matter what Visa it is (Partner of a EEA national doesnt cut it)
-> Finally absolute zero communication along in the whole process along with the wizard as per my accurate responses said to use SET M not EEA PR.

There is more in the list if that helps...

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Add absolute lack of the ability to be able to book the super premium service on the old system before the cutover on the 2nd of November to the new system. Many people tried for many weeks to make an appointment and pay the fee across the whole country to be told there are no appointments for 45 days.

Do you think its reasonable to post a letter dated from the 16th of December on the 17th of January to be received today with a refusal and demand to leave now?

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm
Add absolute lack of the ability to be able to book the super premium service on the old system before the cutover on the 2nd of November to the new system. Many people tried for many weeks to make an appointment and pay the fee across the whole country to be told there are no appointments for 45 days.

Do you think its reasonable to post a letter dated from the 16th of December on the 17th of January to be received today with a refusal and demand to leave now?
I understand that you are angry about the situation especially because you paid over £1000 instead of just £65 but none of the reasons is a valid ground for appeal.

First of all, you are not required to leave the country (even if the letter tells you - that is a generic letter everyone with a refused SET M application and expired leave will receive). Receiving that letter after a month is also not a valid reason for an appeal. The complaint team may (partially) uphold your complaint for this reason but what will you get other than an apology?

Secondly, it was entirely your own fault to submit a wrong and late application. No appointment was available? Right, but you could post the application.

Thirdly, lack of clarity in the Immigration Rules is not a ground for appeal. You could seek assistance (free).

Again, you are not required to leave the country. Apply again by submitting the right application. Expired EEA family member residence card is also not a problem. You didn't need it in the first place. You just got it to prove your right to work etc.

King G
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by King G » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi guys I’m uploading my documents for super priority leave to remain as British spouse but I’m stuck On how to scan my mobile phone bill as each month come as 5 pages. Do have to scan all the pages or only the front page where my address is?
Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

bibi2 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 pm
Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm

I understand that you are angry about the situation especially because you paid over £1000 instead of just £65 but none of the reasons is a valid ground for appeal.

First of all, you are not required to leave the country (even if the letter tells you - that is a generic letter everyone with a refused SET M application and expired leave will receive). Receiving that letter after a month is also not a valid reason for an appeal. The complaint team may (partially) uphold your complaint for this reason but what will you get other than an apology?

Secondly, it was entirely your own fault to submit a wrong and late application. No appointment was available? Right, but you could post the application.

Thirdly, lack of clarity in the Immigration Rules is not a ground for appeal. You could seek assistance (free).

Again, you are not required to leave the country. Apply again by submitting the right application. Expired EEA family member residence card is also not a problem. You didn't need it in the first place. You just got it to prove your right to work etc.
Hey Bibi2, I appreciate your response and take it all onboard. Not angry so much, more the fact i have a letter here saying theres a immigration bail on me and this went from trying to do the right thing to you must leave now on a month old letter. I dont believe it was entirely my fault in regards to the submission as the postal application of Set M was not an option for myself under the guise that I could travel and work whilst it was being processed. Little did I know on the 12th of November that it would be so that if you left the UK then your application would be withdrawn. If that was known on the 11th, I would of indeed posted the application and then not travel nor make work and personal plans over the christmas.

So let it be known... On Set M, to settle with a partner for ILR, is it a fact that you have to have entered on a spousal or partner visa, done your 5/10 years then apply? Or is it open to anybody who has done 5 years on a visa who is a partner of a British National? ie there is a valid entry requirement required that means you have to enter on a spousal or british partner visa?

Already started the EEA (PR) and the stress levels have definitely dropped. I do love the fact my refusal is a clause with 4 related sub clauses and one of those sub clauses has 2 more sub sub clauses, and is apparently generic, but google couldnt find that exact phrase

What a time to be alive.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm
[.

So let it be known... On Set M, to settle with a partner for ILR, is it a fact that you have to have entered on a spousal or partner visa, done your 5/10 years then apply? Or is it open to anybody who has done 5 years on a visa who is a partner of a British National? ie there is a valid entry requirement required that means you have to enter on a spousal or british partner visa?
To qualify for ILR on Set M, the immigration rules are clear that you must have held the relevant spouse Settlment visa for 60 months, ie spouse of BC or ILR holder and must have entered the UK in this category visa.

No other visa route can use SET M even if their partner becomes British during that qualifying time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)