ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Home Office Withdrawal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siteshravani
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Home Office Withdrawal

Post by siteshravani » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:45 pm

I would like to give an update and share my case experience and timeline for spouse visa for my wife.
I had applied for a spouse visa for my wife and after few months, my wife received passport and refusal letter. Reason for refusal was 1. You Did not meet financial criteria (im earning more than £18,600) 2.You do not meet eligibility relation requirement. In short, I submitted all documents as asked but obviously my documents were overlooked. We then appealed, received notice of appeal.. waited waited.. then after good few months I received notice of hearing. Just about 10 days before hearing, wife received email saying case has been withdrawn due to fresh evidence (home office had no chance of winning!!) and few days later received a letter from tribunal of notice of case withdrawal. Now waited..for about 10 weeks, then received email from home office stating visa application will now be processed and you will receive IHS payment link. My wife received payment link next day and paid immediately. She has submitted her passport (Ahmedabad, India) and I would like to know how long it will take to issue visa?

Biometrics: 24/08/2017 (VFS Ahmedabad)
Decision received: 12/10/2017 (Visa refused)
Acknowledgment of Appeal: 14/12/2017
Received Court Hearing Letter: 02/04/18
Court Hearing: 11/10/2018
Decision withdrawn 05/10/18
Received Home office email: 13/12/18
IHS Payment Link received: 14/12/18 (paid same day)
Passport submitted 17/12/18 (VFS Ahmedabad)
Visa granted: Still waiting.

I would like to know how long it will take to issue visa now? (because of Christmas holidays)
Also will the passport go to Sheffield or will visa be issued in India?

maninav88
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa - Home Office Withdrawal

Post by maninav88 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi

I have similar case, paid IHS payment and submitted his passport. Could you let me know once your wife gets the visa as i have not long ago submitted mine so i get an idea on roughly how long they take