ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child waiting for MN1 travelling abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eduleal

Child waiting for MN1 travelling abroad

Post by eduleal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi all,

My baby daughter is waiting for her citizenship registration (applied on 7th December through UKVCAS) but we're hoping to travel to our home country for her birthday in less than a month (8th February). That'll be 2 months after the biometric enrolment, so we're hoping for a resolution before then, however if we don't get a response, could she possibly travel on her Brazilian passport (both parents have ILR) and then come back?

Will they not let a baby with settled parents come into the country with a Brazilian passport (Brazil being a non-Visa country for visitors).

Is there anyone who can shed a light?

Thanks so much,
Eduardo

eduleal

Re: Child waiting for MN1 travelling abroad

Post by eduleal » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi all,

Just adding to this - if she cannot travel and come back before she gets a British passport, what kind of dependent visa do we need to get her if we need to travel ahead of that? Both parents have ILR. Is there a ILR dependent Visa we could try to get before then?

Many thanks

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi peeps,
Any advice on this would be really appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:44 pm

If she is already British by the time you wish to return, she cannot apply for a visa as she would be British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 am

I mean applying for the visa now so I can travel.
What would that visa be?
Who knows if she’ll be registered by the time we return, no idea how long this will take.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Anyone who can help?
Really didn't think we'd be stuck for so long :(

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 pm

I am not an expert but this is how I see it;

* Parents on ILR with BRZL passport + child with BRZL passport and UK visa
* You can All travel to your home country BRZL with no issue
* Coming back to the UK, parents are covered by the ILR while child must have a UK status/visa of some sort (ILR or tourist visa)
* I don’t believe applying for ILR is a viable option at this point 1. Too expensive 2. Takes time 3. You have another application in process, ie: MN1
* Let’s say you go to BRZL and apply for a child tourist visa. In my opinion, it does not make sense whatsoever for embassy to grant tourist visa as it will raise questions of your intention to keep child in UK and they would find out about your MN1 in progress, etc.
Long story short, I don’t believe a visa exist for your child in this scenario.
One thing MAY be explored but a bit risky: travel to BRZL hoping a decision would be made soon and apply for British passport through British embassy in BRZL. Again, I’m not the expert here that is why I said MAYBE. Also, the risk here is you may get stuck in BRZL for a while.
Best advise is to wait until BC granted then plan your trip.

Good luck!

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:51 pm

Brazil citizens have a visa-free entry into the UK similarly to US citizens if I'm correct?
Meaning the airline should allow you on board as you don't require a visa? The question is what the border force would say if you ask for a "up to 6 month visitor stamp" and the child is actually coming to live in the UK with parents... 🤷‍♀️

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks, both.
Indeed it seems you have the same uncertainty as I do. Brazilians don't need a visitor visa, but bringing her in as a visitor would technically not be right. She is a visitor awaiting BC (as she was born in the country she's entitled to it), but I just can't see how them being relaxed about that.
It's frustrating that they wouldn't let a child with settled parents into the country, but given the above I struggle to see how we can risk it.

Cheers