ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year spouse accomodation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqasg
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility question

Post by waqasg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Good evening all,

I am on a 5-year route spouse visa. My first spouse visa was granted on 11 Feb 2014. I am a little confused regarding 5-year qualifying period as my current visa runs out on 23 Jan 2019.

Could someone please clarify when is the earliest I can apply?

Also, when I make the online application would that be considered as my date of application or when I go for the appointment?

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this.

Thanks
Waqas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Eligibility question

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:50 pm

What date did you enter the UK on your spouse Settlement visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 pm

I have been on a student visa since 2011. Spouse Visa was granted on 11 Feb 2014.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before 11 February 2019.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

On the basis that I apply within 28 days of 11 Feb 2019. The earliest that I can apply will be 16 Jan 19. If I am not able to get an appointment before my current Visa expires on 23 Jan 19 . Would that be an issue?

In term of my evidence documents such as payslips and letter from Employer etc. Do they have to be dated within 28 days of when my current Visa actually expires I.e 23 Jan 19 ?

I hope above makes sense.

Thanks
Waqas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:38 pm

You must apply before your visa expires. Appointments should not be an issue with the new system. Note there is no in person same day decision service any more.

Your most recent payslip and bank statement (of the 6 months worth) cannot be older than 28 days on the date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:07 pm

thanks again. Another question for you since you are excellent:)

I am a contractor and have earned in excess of 18.6 k over this year. I am currently in a contract and have had 3 contracts in total this year alone. However I have periods where I was unemployed. And I get paid weekly. Hence i have a lot salary slips, bank statements, contracts to provide I were to rely on my income. In short I do meet the financial requirement. But I am a bit hesitant to rely on my salary. This is because I don't want to over complicate my case. My wife has been earning a fixed salary for the past 8 months and will continue to do so in future. Do you reckon I should rely on her income alone in my application?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:30 am

If her salary meets the requirements then you only need to rely on her income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Thank you so much. Your advice is worth more than what I paid to my solicitor. As she advised me completely opposite of what you said. And I do see that you make more sense.

waqasg
Newly Registered

ILR queries

Post by waqasg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 am

Hello peeps!

I live in my Father in laws house. The house is mortgage free I don't have latest mortgage statement of his house. I have title deed of the house printed. Is that sufficient?

In addition, I have paid 135 pounds for appointment and document checking service. Do I still need to scan all documents before going to the appointment?

My Visa expires next week on 23rd January and I have made the application today. I am only able to book appointment on 02 Feburary. Am I right in thinking my Visa application date will be today's date?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR queries

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 am

waqasg wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 am
Hello peeps!

I live in my Father in laws house. The house is mortgage free I don't have latest mortgage statement of his house. I have title deed of the house printed. Is that sufficient?
What is your visa category?

In addition, I have paid 135 pounds for appointment and document checking service. Do I still need to scan all documents before going to the appointment? Its upto you. you can upload or they can upload for you. What have you paid £100 for?

My Visa expires next week on 23rd January and I have made the application today. I am only able to book appointment on 02 Feburary. Am I right in thinking my Visa application date will be today's date? Date of online application will be application date yes

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:16 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Visa category is 5 year spouse Visa route. I do havemortgage statement that I used in my last application from 2015 but don't have the latest. Therefore, is title deeds sufficient? As the house is mortgage free as well.

For appointment 100 was the booking fee on a Saturday as I cannot attend weekdays And I paid 35 extra for document checking service. So I assumed that I don't have to scan all documents myself.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:26 am

waqasg wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:16 am
Thanks for the quick reply.

Visa category is 5 year spouse Visa route. I do havemortgage statement that I used in my last application from 2015 but don't have the latest. Therefore, is title deeds sufficient? As the house is mortgage free as well.
wait for someone else to respond to this
For appointment 100 was the booking fee on a Saturday as I cannot attend weekdays And I paid 35 extra for document checking service. So I assumed that I don't have to scan all documents myself.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:38 am

As per my understanding, if you book an appointment at premium or enhanced centre then the scanning cost would be complimentary. Otherwise you might have to pay. Refer to link as above.

waqasg
Newly Registered

5 year spouse accomodation

Post by waqasg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi all,

For property ownership, is the title deeds sufficient or there has to be a mortgage statement as well? Could someone please confirm?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 year spouse accomodation

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm

waqasg wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 pm
Hi all,

For property ownership, is the title deeds sufficient or there has to be a mortgage statement as well? Could someone please confirm?

Thanks
You need to prove and provide evidence of subsisting marriage and cohabitation for at least the last 2 years. There is no requirement to repeat the accommodation requirement for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi,
Mandotary evidence includes property ownership documents such as mortgage statement . I am a little confused

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi all

I have made an application and paid for super priority 24 service. Went to do biometrics and document check service with Sopra on Saturday. I have not heard anything from Ukba. Just wondering how long does it normally take for UKBA to process application on this service.?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:12 pm

It can take a few days or a couple of weeks. Some members are waiting from December still.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Really? That is 3rd class service for the price that they are charging. Can you do something to speed up the process? Do you know if there is a thread that I can follow where people are in the same situation as me. Unfortunately i cant find anything
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

waqasg
Newly Registered

Post by waqasg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi

I got my BRP through the post today. Thank you so much for your help.
I am happy to answer any questions or queries if needed.
Thanks